Car Rental at Lisbon Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A fascinating city and favorite travel destination of millions around the world, Lisbon is not only Europe’s westernmost metropolis, it is also one of its most fun ones. Combining all the landmarks of a former imperial capital with youthful exuberance and a markedly laid-back approach to life, this is one of those rare cities that truly has something for every visitor. Better yet, a number of fun destinations for day trips are just a short drive away. These are four of the best attractions in and around Lisbon:
- Lisbon Cathedral. One of the most notable churches in all of Portugal, Lisbon Cathedral was built in the 12th century (thus making it the oldest in the city) and has remained a symbol of the capital ever since. A mixture of Romanesque, Baroque, and Gothic styles, it stands at the location of an even older church site. The cathedral is best known for its impressive facade, but its cloister and interior are just as pleasing to look at. A short walk from the cathedral is one of the very best viewpoints in Lisbon — the Miradouro de Santa Luzia.
- Bridges. Lisbon is home to two of Europe’s most impressive bridges, a travel experience that can be enjoyed with a rental car. The Vasco da Gama Bridge, named after the famous explorer, is one of the longest in Europe, while the 25th of April Bridge, which bears the name of the date when Portugal’s last dictatorship was overthrown, has been called Europe’s answer to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Both bridges cross the Tagus river. The bridges are commuter bridges, so avoiding peak hours is a must. Both bridges are also toll bridges, so you’ll need to bring change or check if your rental supplier offers a local toll device.
- Belém. Belem is a laid-back area on the banks of Lisbon’s Tagus River. Fortifying the coastline is the 16th-century Tower of Belém, a short walk inland leading you to the UNESCO World Heritage site Jerónimos Monastery. After all that history, a wonder among Belém’s tiled houses will lead you to the original bakery, and the origin of world famous Pastel de Nata, Pastéis de Belém.
- Sintra. Situated on a mountain top overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Sintra is a World Heritage site and one of the most popular day trips from the capital. The area is known for the romanticist Pena National Palace, the impressive Moorish Castle, and other architectural wonders, beautiful parks, and nature areas. The fierce Cabo de Roca, the westernmost point of continental Europe, offers impressive views of the often wild Atlantic coast. The drive from Lisbon takes only about 35 minutes.
Top international routes
- Paris, France
- Madrid, Spain
- London, United Kingdom
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Fortaleza Airport
- Barcelona, Spain
- Porto Alegre Airport
- Recife Airport
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Porto (315 km / 195 mi). Located in the northernmost region of Portugal near the border with Spain, Porto is a historic riverside city with a deep connection to Portuguese history. There are many beautiful churches, palaces, and bridges to marvel at, but Porto’s number one attraction is simply roaming through the labyrinth of its mazy streets.
- Faro (275 km / 170 mi) Is the subdued capital of the Algarve, with a walled old town hiding its medieval streets, it blends the hectic and busy summer Algarve with a traditional heart.
- Lagos (90 km / 56 mi). Located in the western Algarve region a one-hour drive from Faro, Lagos is a great place to visit. The town is famous for its stunning beaches and coves surrounded by golden cliffs, but also its lively and historic center with a number of well-preserved buildings.
- Évora (130 km / 90 mi) Évora is the capital of Portugal's south-central Alentejo region. It’s a historic city with deep connections to its surroundings, vineyards and olive tree orchards. Artisanal and local products rule the day, and you’ll find traditional bakeries, cafes, and restaurants on almost every street. You’ll also find some fantastic museums and one of Portugal’s most famous macabre bone chapels — Capela dos Ossos.
Lisbon Airport (LIS)
- IATA: LIS
- ICAO: LPPT
- Name: Lisbon Airport (LIS)
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km
Top 15 Locations near Lisbon Airport
Car Rental at Lisbon Prior Velho from $7.59 per day1.6 km / 1.0 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $20.81 per day2.6 km / 1.6 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Alameda from $20.81 per day3.7 km / 2.3 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $7.25 per day4.5 km / 2.8 miles away
5.7 km / 3.5 miles away
6.3 km / 3.9 miles away
Car Rental in Albufeira (Downtown) from $17.42 per day202.4 km / 125.8 miles away
Car Rental at Faro Airport from $7.19 per day219.8 km / 136.6 miles away
267.8 km / 166.4 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Campanha Railway Station from $33.63 per day268.6 km / 166.9 miles away
Car Rental in Porto (Downtown) from $12.12 per day269.0 km / 167.1 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Boavista from $33.63 per day269.0 km / 167.1 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Airport from $5.73 per day278.1 km / 172.8 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Santo Airport (Madeira) from $80.76 per day907.2 km / 563.7 miles away
Car Rental at Madeira Funchal Airport from $42.58 per day964.8 km / 599.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Lisbon Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Lisbon Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Lisbon Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||BeRent, Drive on Holidays, Klass Wagen, Turisprime, CRC Car Rental Company|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||$5 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|BeRent||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|BeRent||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Ibiza||5||2||Small cars|
|CRC Car Rental Company||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|CRC Car Rental Company||Renault Captur||5||3||SUVs|
|Cheap rent||Fiat Panda||5||3||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.