Car Rental at Porto Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The main city of northern Portugal, Porto is also one of the country’s most famous travel destinations. Located at the point where the Douro river meets the Atlantic Ocean, this large, but cozy, city is a hub of history, culture, and cuisine, and also offers access to the rest of Portugal’s scenic north. Below are three of the most notable landmarks in and around it — you can use the following guide to find more things to do and see if you only have one day in Porto.
- Stock Exchange Palace. One of the most famous buildings in the city, you will probably recognize the Palácio da Bolsa from postcards or travel videos. Although relatively new as it was only built in the 19th century, the building’s central location, unique architecture, and diverse interior are what give it its fame. The palace is just a stone’s throw away from Porto Cathedral and the Church of St. Francis, two of the city’s most important religious buildings.
- Livraia Lello. 140 years old as of 2021, this bookstore has often been recognized as one of the most beautiful in the world. The chief reason for its fame is the beautiful interior that includes a spiral staircase, as well as, naturally, a great collection of books. Visit the bookstore’s interactive website to learn more. If you liked Livraia Lello, you will probably also enjoy visiting Almeida Garrett Library which is only a ten-minute drive to the northwest.
- Peneda-Gerês National Park. The oldest nature preserve in Portugal, Peneda-Gerês is arguably also its most impressive one. A scenic area that is great for hiking and is also known for its many historical landmarks, the park is home to wildlife such as Garrano wild horses, gold-striped salamanders, Iberian ibex, and red-backed shrikes. The drive from Porto to the national park takes only about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Dom Luís I Bridge. This famous bridge connects the Douro River with Vila Nova de Gaia... a place where you will find many port wine cellars and history. The bridge was completed in 1886 and is 272 meters long (894 feet). It offers some of the most epic views of the city.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $9 per day
- Station wagons - from $13 per day
- Large cars - from $19 per day
- Medium cars - from $9 per day
- Vans - from $50 per day
- Premium cars - from $55 per day
- Small cars - from $6 per day
- SUVs - from $10 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (313 km / 194 mi)
- Faro (550 km / 341 mi)
- Seville (580 km / 360 mi)
- A Coruña (301 km / 187 mi)
- Braga (55 km / 34 mi)
- Santiago de Compostela (237 km / 147 mi)
Porto Airport (OPO)
- IATA: OPO
- ICAO: LPPR
- Name: Porto Airport (OPO)
- Distance from city: 6.8 miles / 11 km
Top 15 Locations near Porto Airport
Car Rental in Porto Boavista from $33.63 per day10.6 km / 6.6 miles away
Car Rental in Porto (Downtown) from $12.12 per day11.6 km / 7.2 miles away
12.8 km / 8.0 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Campanha Railway Station from $33.63 per day13.6 km / 8.5 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Prior Velho from $7.59 per day276.6 km / 171.9 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $20.81 per day278.0 km / 172.7 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Airport from $5.04 per day278.1 km / 172.8 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Alameda from $20.81 per day281.8 km / 175.1 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $7.25 per day282.5 km / 175.5 miles away
283.8 km / 176.3 miles away
284.2 km / 176.6 miles away
Car Rental in Albufeira (Downtown) from $17.42 per day463.8 km / 288.2 miles away
Car Rental at Faro Airport from $7.19 per day474.3 km / 294.7 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Santo Airport (Madeira) from $80.76 per day1133.9 km / 704.6 miles away
Car Rental at Madeira Funchal Airport from $42.58 per day1190.8 km / 739.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Porto Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Porto Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Porto Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Drive on Holidays, Record-go, Turisprime, Opo rent, Goldcar|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$6 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Seat Ibiza||5||2||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Opo rent||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||Renault Captur||5||2||SUVs|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|First Rent||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.