Car Rental at Madeira Funchal Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A large Atlantic island, Madeira combines the warm weather of the Canaries with the stunning volcanic scenery of the Azores. Whether your goal is to hit the beach, go into the mountains, or sample local delicacies — or, indeed, why not all three? — you’re going to have a great time. These are three of Madeira’s main attractions:
- Funchal. The largest city of Madeira is the main port of entry for foreign visitors, but it’s also one of its main attractions. Located on the island’s southeastern coast, it is home to many notable religious and secular buildings, as well as attractions like the Lavradores Market and Monte Palace Hotel Gardens. Many of Madeira’s best accommodations can also be found here.
- Câmara de Lobos. Called the chamber of the wolves in Portuguese, this village’s name actually refers to the monk seals — “the wolves of the sea”. Although nowadays the sightings of these marine mammals are much rarer than during the arrival of the traveler João Gonçalves Zarco who gave the area its name, Câmara is still a lovely place to visit, mainly thanks to its wild shoreline and Cabo Girão, one of the highest coastal cliffs in the world.
- Laurisilva. Located in the most elevated, inland part of the island, this ancient laurel forest is one of Madeira’s most notable natural attractions. Recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site, it is believed to be 1.8 million years old and is home to many prehistoric ferns and other plant species. It is important to take care inside the park not to damage the local flora and fauna, but there are several designated hiking paths that permit visitors to enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $30 per day
- Station wagons - from $18 per day
- Large cars - from $14 per day
- Medium cars - from $9 per day
- Vans - from $70 per day
- Premium cars - from $40 per day
- Small cars - from $7 per day
- SUVs - from $10 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Madeira Funchal Airport
- IATA: FNC
- ICAO: LPMA
- Name: Madeira Airport (Funchal) (FNC)
- Distance from city: 8.1 miles / 13 km
Top 16 Locations near Madeira Funchal Airport
Car Rental at Porto Santo Airport (Madeira) from $81.57 per day57.6 km / 35.8 miles away
Car Rental in Albufeira (Downtown) from $6.06 per day918.5 km / 570.7 miles away
Car Rental at Albufeira Pine Cliffs from $10.00 per day923.5 km / 573.8 miles away
Car Rental at Faro Airport from $2.84 per day935.6 km / 581.4 miles away
959.9 km / 596.5 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $4.72 per day960.8 km / 597.0 miles away
961.0 km / 597.1 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Alameda from $6.81 per day962.0 km / 597.8 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Airport from $2.19 per day964.8 km / 599.5 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Prior Velho from $2.45 per day966.0 km / 600.2 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $7.13 per day966.5 km / 600.6 miles away
1185.7 km / 736.8 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Boavista from $1.86 per day1185.7 km / 736.8 miles away
Car Rental in Porto (Downtown) from $5.32 per day1186.7 km / 737.4 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Campanha Railway Station from $6.54 per day1187.5 km / 737.9 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Airport from $1.85 per day1190.8 km / 739.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Madeira Funchal Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Madeira Funchal Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Madeira Funchal Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Rentx Car Rental, Magic Islands Rent A Car, Way2Azores Rent, Funchal Drive rent a Car, Madeira Rent|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$7 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Magic Islands Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rentx Car Rental||Opel Corsa Hatchback||5||2||Small cars|
|Way2Azores Rent||Citroen C3||5||2||Medium cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Volkswagen Polo||5||3||Small cars|
|Funchal Drive rent a Car||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||3||SUVs|
|Funchal Drive rent a Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Way2Azores Rent||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Rentx Car Rental||Opel Corsa||4||2||Small cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Madeira Rent||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.