Car Rental at Faro Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Faro Airport! Then drive into Faro and park your rental outside the historic center to walk through the Old City, or Cidade Velha. The architecture there is a beautiful blend of Portuguese and Moorish influences. Visit local restaurants to sample Algarvian seafood dishes. Remember that it’s often the smaller, more shabby-looking restaurants that offer the tastiest food, but that many don’t accept credit cards.
There are a lot of fun activities to keep you busy in and around Faro. You can take a boat trip to the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, go mountain biking, hit the local beaches to surf and do other watersports, or even go dolphin watching!
Faro’s a great destination, but Portugal has even more to offer. So why not get a longer term car rental? Then you can explore more of the Algarve region, drive north to Lisbon, or head to nearby Andalusia in Spain. You can even pick up your car at Faro Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure now!
Faro Airport is also known as Algarve Airport and Aeroporto Internacional de Faro.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Top car rental companies
- Movyng Rent A Car (Tel: +351289117891)
- Interrent (Tel: +351289800670 / +351289807233 / +351211451381)
- Alamo (Tel: +351289889445)
- EPI Rent a Car (Tel: +351917822096 / +351917812079)
- Best Deal (Tel: +351289818400 / +351967960000)
- Europcar (Tel: +351289818726)
- Resolvcar (Tel: +351910729284)
- Autorent (Tel: +351965656765)
- Drive4Fun (Tel: +351289323384)
- SIXT (Tel: +351255788199)
- Yes Car Hire (Tel: +351969787039)
- Guerin (Tel: +351289889445)
- AV Rent (Tel: +351966972041 / +351966861657)
- Firefly (Tel: +351219426373)
- Keddy (Tel: +351289818726)
- Avis (Tel: +351289810120)
- Budget (Tel: +351289810120)
- Alamo (Tel: +351289889445)
- Airauto (Tel: +351289300200)
- Golfauto (Tel: +351918703354)
- PAA RENT (Tel: +351910300504)
- Hertz (Tel: +351210413308)
- Dollar (Tel: +351210413308)
- Enterprise (Tel: +351289889445)
- Ace Rent a car (Tel: +351289800670 / +18778223872)
- Centauro (Tel: +351289146800 / +351308810777)
- Turisprime (Tel: +351913065615)
- Record-go (Tel: +34936192468)
- Bravacar (Tel: +351961437490)
- Ok Rent A Car (Tel: +34902360636)
- Drive on Holidays (Tel: +351289822394)
- Rhodium (Tel: +351211451595)
- Interrent (Tel: +351289807233)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +351289248062)
- Dollar (Tel: +351219426300 / +351210413308)
- Goldcar (Tel: +351211451595)
- Goldcar (Tel: +34965233425 / +351211451595)
- Surprice (Tel: +351300509199)
- MillionCarHire (Tel: +351961042789)
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (278 km / 172 mi). The capital of Portugal is considered by many to be one of the greatest travel destinations in Europe, and for a good reason - it is a picturesque city full of landmarks, great restaurants, active nightlife, and fun things to do.
- Porto (549 km / 341 mi). Located in the northern part of the country near the border with Spain, Porto is a city of special atmosphere. There are many beautiful churches, palaces, and bridges to marvel at, but Porto’s number one attraction is simply roaming through the labyrinth of its mazy streets.
- Malaga (408 km / 253 mi). Located in neighboring Spain, Malaga is a fun travel destination. The city is best known for its beautiful beaches and the surrounding Costa del Sol region, but a number of amazing inland national parks are also nearby. To travel from Faro to Malaga or any other city in Spain, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Lagos (90 km / 56 mi). Also located in the Algarve region a short ride west of Faro, Lagos is a great place to visit. The town is famous for its long, stunning beaches, but also has a cute historic center and a number of well-preserved historic buildings. Lagos in Algarve shouldn’t be mistaken for the much larger city of the same name in Nigeria.
- Tavira (41 km / 25 mi). Another coastal destination of Algarve, Tavira is just east of Faro. A small town of only about 25,000 inhabitants, it punches way above its weight when it comes to things to see and do. These include a large protected nature area that is great for bird watching, an olive tree that is more than 2,000 years old, and the Tuna Fishing Museum dedicated to the historic industry of the region.
- Mexilhoeira Grande (75 km / 46 mi). A scenic village right next to Lagos, Mexilhoeira has been inhabited since the prehistoric times. A history buff’s dream, it is home to the megalithic constructions of Alcalar, Roman ruins, and a number of beautiful churches.
- Armacao de Pera (52 km / 32 mi). A historic fishing village, Armacao attracts thousands of visitors every summer thanks to its beautiful coastline and accessible beaches. Many quality seaside restaurants are open every summer.
- Portimao (71 km / 44 mi). The second city of Algarve, Portimao is a fun travel destination. Like other places in the region, it is home to beautiful beaches, some well-preserved architecture, and laid back atmosphere. From Portimao, you can also easily access Monchique, one of the most interesting inland destinations of Algarve.
Faro Airport (FAO)
- IATA: FAO
- ICAO: LPFR
- Name: Faro Airport (FAO)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 53,427
- Passengers (per year): 8,727,000
- Distance from City: 2.5 miles / 4 km W of town
- Working hours:
Top 20 Locations near Faro Airport
Car Rental in Faro (Downtown) from $18.99 per day
Car Rental in Quarteira (Downtown) from $27.13 per day15.7 km / 9.8 miles away
Car Rental in Vilamoura (Downtown) from $29.39 per day17.2 km / 10.7 miles away
Car Rental in Tavira (Downtown) from $40.17 per day26.5 km / 16.5 miles away
Car Rental in Albufeira (Downtown) from $30.73 per day28.0 km / 17.4 miles away
Car Rental in Armacao de Pera (Downtown) from $30.73 per day41.0 km / 25.5 miles away
Car Rental in Portimao (Downtown) from $40.17 per day54.9 km / 34.1 miles away
Car Rental in Mexilhoeira Grande (Downtown) from $15.83 per day62.1 km / 38.6 miles away
Car Rental in Lagos (Downtown) from $30.73 per day66.9 km / 41.6 miles away
Car Rental in Beja (Downtown) from $15.20 per day108.2 km / 67.2 miles away
Car Rental in Setubal (Downtown) from $24.69 per day185.7 km / 115.4 miles away
Car Rental in Almada (Downtown) from $27.95 per day210.9 km / 131.0 miles away
Car Rental at Apolonia Train Station from $36.76 per day213.3 km / 132.5 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $24.69 per day216.2 km / 134.4 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $48.73 per day217.6 km / 135.2 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Airport from $19.45 per day219.0 km / 136.1 miles away
Car Rental Downtown from $57.13 per day219.7 km / 136.5 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $45.81 per day220.2 km / 136.8 miles away
Car Rental in Parede (Downtown) from $46.91 per day221.7 km / 137.7 miles away
Car Rental in Estoril (Downtown) from $24.69 per day225.9 km / 140.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Faro Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Faro Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Faro Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Autorent||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Autorent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Surprice||Peugeot 108||5||1||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Toyota Yaris||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Nissan Micra||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 39 Suppliers at Faro Airport in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email