Car Rental at Orlando Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Orlando Airport! Then drive to downtown Orlando, park your car, and take a stroll through the beautiful 50-acre Leu Gardens. Next, check out the city’s art scene at the CityArts Factory and visit the Orange County Regional History Center to learn more about the local history.
Of course, no trip to Orlando would be complete without going to Disney World—it offers enough fun and excitement to keep everyone busy for the day, but save time for SeaWorld too. Back in Orlando, check out the dining scene and enjoy some classic American food and cuisine from places like Mexico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic, too.
Orlando’s a great destination, but the surrounding region has even more to offer, so why not get a longer-term rental? You can drive to Miami, explore the rest of Florida, or venture all the way to Atlanta or New Orleans. You can even pick up your car at Orlando Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure today!
If you get tired of the theme parks and want to enjoy a beach or discover Florida’s nature, here are a few options for you to explore:
- Cocoa Beach: One of the closest beaches, Cocoa is only an hour away from Orlando along a straight shot to the east. Aside from taking in the sun on the gorgeous beach, you can visit the largest surf shop in the world, Ron Jon’s Surf Shop, and then hit the waves. It is also near Cape Canaveral, so you can go before or after visiting Kenedy Space Center.
- Canaveral National Seashore: To experience a slice of paradise, the Canaveral National Seashore is the place to go. Just a little further from Orlando, it is a pristine shoreline just waiting for you. It’s also the perfect place to watch rockets launch from Kenedy Space Center. Keep in mind that it takes a little longer to reach than the Space Center itself as you have to make a bit of a circle.
- Daytona Beach: Famous for the Daytona 500, Daytona Beach is a great place to go even when there isn’t a race. Perhaps the most unique experience it offers is the ability to drive and park right on the beach. The city is well-known for its party atmosphere, and may, therefore, not be the best destination if you seek a peaceful day at the beach. But if you want to enjoy life in a lively manner, you shouldn’t miss Daytona.
- Ocala National Forest. A place of several records, Ocala is the oldest national park east of Mississippi and also the location of the vastest sand pine forest in the world. More importantly, it’s a hiking paradise made up of highlands marshes, lakes, and springs, and home to an amazing variety of flora and fauna species. Ocala is some 75 miles (121 km) north of Orlando and can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes by car.
Covid-19 Update: As of January 2023, Orlando is no longer under any government-mandated Covid restrictions. However, individual businesses might have their own health measures in place, such as the requirement of wearing face masks or physical distancing. We also advise you to look up the latest updates before your visit as the situation might change in the future.
Top international routes
- Sao Paulo
- Panama City
- Mexico City
- Montego Bay
Note that the most direct way to reach the Disney World or Universal Orlando areas from the airport is the Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway (or, alternatively, the Central Florida GreeneWay in the case of Disney World). Both of these are toll roads.
Be aware that although it is possible to pay the toll with cash for many toll roads in the Orlando area, most low-cost rental companies have a toll sticker placed in their cars that can neither be removed nor turned off. These stickers will register an electronic toll payment even if you use one of the cash lanes. If you were to decline purchasing the rental company’s toll package, you would receive hefty fines for this. The alternative is to avoid the toll roads though this will usually add time to your trip.
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
The other rental companies all provide free shuttles to their locations. Be sure to leave more time both for picking up the car and dropping it off if renting from one of these companies.
All rental companies in Orlando offer car seats for an additional daily fee. Be aware that though you may reserve one at the time of booking, it's not guaranteed. Very rarely, some suppliers may run out of car seats.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If you are seeking to return your rental car with a full tank of fuel, DO NOT stop at either of the gas stations closest to the airport, Suncoast Energys or Sun Gas. If you fill up at either station, you will pay at least twice the normal price. The Wawa, 7-11, and Mobil stations one or two blocks north offer competitive prices. These stations all work for both renters returning cars to on-airport locations and those returning cars to most off-airport locations.
Ace, Green Motion, and Routes are all located on Narcossee Road. At the exit from the Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway, there is a 7-Eleven on the south side of the highway. There is also a 7-Eleven at the intersection of Narcossee Road and Lee Vista Blvd. north of the rental locations. Avoid the BP station north of the Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway as its prices are significantly higher.
Popular one-way rentals
- Miami (230 mi / 370 km)
- Fort Lauderdale (207 mi / 333 km)
- Tampa (86 mi / 138 km)
- Sarasota (133 mi / 214 km)
- Cape Canaveral (47 mi / 75 km)
- IATA: MCO
- ICAO: KMCO
- Name: Orlando Int. Airport (MCO)
- Distance from city: 6 miles / 9.7 km
Top 20 Locations near Orlando Airport
15.7 km / 9.8 miles away
20.9 km / 13.0 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Disney Car Care from $69.29 per day26.4 km / 16.4 miles away
Car Rental at Sanford Airport from $50.34 per day39.3 km / 24.4 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne International Airport from $57.46 per day74.5 km / 46.3 miles away
Car Rental at Daytona Beach Airport from $47.79 per day87.0 km / 54.1 miles away
Car Rental at Tampa Airport from $22.42 per day130.2 km / 80.9 miles away
Car Rental at St. Pete–Clearwater Airport from $58.58 per day146.9 km / 91.3 miles away
Car Rental at Sarasota–Bradenton Airport from $49.52 per day167.9 km / 104.3 miles away
Car Rental at Gainesville Regional Airport from $42.92 per day168.5 km / 104.7 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Myers Airport from $49.66 per day215.1 km / 133.7 miles away
Car Rental at West Palm Beach Airport from $46.08 per day228.1 km / 141.7 miles away
Car Rental at Jacksonville Airport JAX from $33.87 per day232.5 km / 144.5 miles away
285.0 km / 177.1 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport from $23.41 per day285.9 km / 177.7 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Airport from $9.27 per day309.8 km / 192.5 miles away
313.5 km / 194.8 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Port from $82.64 per day315.1 km / 195.8 miles away
Car Rental in Miami Coral Gables from $57.46 per day315.5 km / 196.0 miles away
Car Rental in Miami (Downtown) from $57.46 per day315.6 km / 196.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Orlando Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Orlando Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Orlando Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Clubs Car Rental, Easirent, Seven Auto, Sonic Car Rental, OTOQ|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$27 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Clubs Car Rental||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Clubs Car Rental||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Medium cars|
|OTOQ||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Hub Rent a Car||Toyota RAV4||5||2||SUVs|
|Clubs Car Rental||Nissan Versa||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|Sonic Car Rental||Kia Soul||5||3||SUVs|
|Americars Auto Rental||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||0||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.