Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Fort Lauderdale Airport! Then drive to Fort Lauderdale Beach, also known as The Strip—enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, check out the seaside bars and cafés, and have some active fun sailing, fishing, jet skiing, parasailing, or scuba diving.
Drive your rental to Las Olas Boulevard—this is central Fort Lauderdale where many of the main attractions are located, from museums and the Broward Center for the Performing Arts to beautiful architecture and happening nightclubs. If you’re up for an adventure, check out the nearby swamp safari, and make sure to see the flamingos in one of the national parks.
Fort Lauderdale’s a great place to visit, but the surrounding region has even more to offer. Why not get a longer-term car rental? You can go to nearby Miami, visit the theme parks in Orlando, or drive all the way to Georgia and Alabama for a different kind of adventure. You can even pick up your car at Fort Lauderdale Airport and drop it off at another location. Start planning your vacation now!
Here are some ideas of places you could go from Ft. Lauderdale if you get tired of lounging around on the beach all day:
- Miami: Just to the south of Ft. Lauderdale is the legendary nightlife and entertainment capital of the East Coast, Miami (and Miami Beach). Many use Ft. Lauderdale Airport as an alternative to flying into MIA due to it being served by more low-cost airlines. But even if your destination is the Ft. Lauderdale area, you shouldn’t miss driving down to Miami during your trip.
- The Florida Keys: Key Largo is only a three-hour drive south of Fort Lauderdale, though Key West is a couple of hours further down the road. You can enjoy some of the best scuba diving in the country or just snap a pic at the southernmost point of the United States. Either way, it’s definitely worth the trip.
- Everglades National Park: Though it’s a few hours’ drive to the south, the Everglades is an excellent place to spend time in nature. You can experience the unique landscape in many ways, whether it be just for a day of birdwatching or an extended kayaking trip.
- Orlando: Just three hours or so away from Ft. Lauderdale, the land of theme parks is easy to reach. Take the kids to Disney World or Universal Orlando for a fun day or two away from the beach.
COVID-19 Update: As of February 2021, most restaurants and attractions are open and operating at a limited capacity to ensure social distancing. All airports in the US require face coverings to be worn, and this includes Ft. Lauderdale Airport. See the airport's advisories on COVID-19 for the latest information.
Top international routes
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Toronto, Canada
- Montreal, Canada
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Cancun, Mexico
- Havana, Cuba
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $58 per day
- Large cars - from $75 per day
- Medium cars - from $67 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $153 per day
- Premium cars - from $98 per day
- Small cars - from $63 per day
- SUVs - from $111 per day
Car rental desks
All of the other rental companies have locations near the airport. Each of them provides a shuttle service. Those renting from these companies should proceed to the Rental Car Center to bus stop #7. There is a phone from which you can call your rental company there.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If traveling from the south and renting from a company located at the airport, you should exit I-95 one exit prior to the airport exit (that is, Exit 22 Stirling Road). At this exit, there is a Mobil station. As the best way to reach the airport from this station is to continue East along Stirling Road until reaching Highway 1 which goes to the airport, you can also stop at another Mobil station along that road. Note that the Chevron station closest to the airport has significantly higher prices and should be avoided.
If driving to the airport from downtown Fort Lauderdale, there are multiple gas stations located along Highway 1 prior to reaching the airport.
If driving along I-95 or I-595 from the north or west, multiple stations along Marina Mile Blvd/NW 24th Street are the most convenient. This is for those returning rental cars to both on-airport and off-airport locations as most off-airport locations are located off this road.
Finally, if returning a car to one of the off-airport locations and coming from the south, it is best to travel north of the airport and exit on Marina Mile Blvd. (Exit 25) as mentioned previously.
Popular one-way rentals
- Miami (21 mi / 34 km)
- Orlando (218 mi / 351 km)
- West Palm Beach (51 mi / 83 km)
- Fort Myers (141 mi / 227 km)
- Miami Beach (56 km / 35 mi)
- Daytona Beach (244 mi / 392 km)
Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood Airport (FLL)
- IATA: FLL
- ICAO: KFLL
- Name: Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood Airport (FLL)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 32,511,053
- Distance from City: 3 miles / 4.8 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Locations near Fort Lauderdale Airport
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades from $29.54 per day
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport from $83.84 per day12.7 km / 7.9 miles away
Car Rental Pembroke Pines from $28.38 per day18.2 km / 11.3 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Port from $29.54 per day34.5 km / 21.4 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Airport from $24.28 per day35.9 km / 22.3 miles away
Car Rental Miami Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell from $33.68 per day36.5 km / 22.7 miles away
Car Rental Miami Coral Gables from $60.72 per day39.7 km / 24.7 miles away
Car Rental Miami Southwest from $29.54 per day43.5 km / 27.0 miles away
Car Rental at West Palm Beach Airport from $24.28 per day66.4 km / 41.2 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Myers Airport from $24.28 per day168.8 km / 104.9 miles away
Car Rental at Punta Gorda Airport from $29.54 per day206.3 km / 128.2 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne International Airport from $29.54 per day229.7 km / 142.7 miles away
Car Rental at Key West Airport from $29.54 per day235.5 km / 146.3 miles away
Car Rental at Sarasota–Bradenton Airport from $69.87 per day280.6 km / 174.4 miles away
Car Rental at Orlando Airport from $24.28 per day285.0 km / 177.1 miles away
Car Rental Orlando East from $253.94 per day286.2 km / 177.8 miles away
Car Rental at Buena Vista Palace Hotel from $59.19 per day288.7 km / 179.4 miles away
Car Rental at Hyatt Regency Orlando Hotel from $32.73 per day291.6 km / 181.2 miles away
Car Rental at Tampa Airport from $24.25 per day316.8 km / 196.9 miles away
Car Rental at Orlando Sanford Airport from $29.54 per day318.1 km / 197.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Fort Lauderdale Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Fort Lauderdale Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Fort Lauderdale Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|RightCars||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|Economy rent a car||Nissan Tiida||4||2||Small cars|
|Rent a Car 4Less||Chevrolet Spark||4||1||Small cars|
|RightCars||Nissan Versa||4||3||Medium cars|
|Rent a Car 4Less||Toyota Corolla||4||4||Large cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|