Car Rental at Fort Myers Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is located south of Fort Myers, the largest city in Southwest Florida. It, however, serves the greater region including the cities of Bonita Springs, Naples, Cape Coral, and Punta Gorda.
Southwest Florida is a popular travel destination due to its tropical climate and stunning beaches. Aside from the cities, the barrier islands are great places to visit. Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve are not far away from the area. As in other places in Florida and the United States, in general, a car is all but essential to get around. Luckily, it is easy to pick up a rental car at RSW and head to your timeshare, condo, or hotel before experiencing all the area has to offer.
Here are some ideas of places a little further away that would be easy to reach with a rental car if you get tired of lounging around on the beach all day.
- Big Cypress National Preserve: Less than two hours away from Fort Myers, and even closer to Naples, Big Cypress is a great place to experience the outdoors and the unique landscape of South Florida. The hiking trails are great, but perhaps best in winter. You can also stay at a campground, take a canoe tour, or enjoy some of the darkest skies on the East Coast and enjoy the view of the stars.
- Everglades National Park: Everglades is a little further away, but certainly worth the drive if you are in the southern part of Florida. There are many things to do in what is the third-largest national park in the lower 48, but don’t take our word for it — check out what the National Park Service has to say about it.
- Miami: The East Cost’s king of glam and nightlife, Miami is a can’t-miss destination when in the southern part of Florida — and just a two-and-half-hour drive down I-75, why not take a day to head there? Don’t miss wandering around Little Havana or just drive down Miami Beach’s Ocean Dr. to take in the atmosphere.
- Tampa: About a two-hour drive up I-75 from Fort Myers, the Tampa Bay area is another great destination in Florida. The nightlife and dining are excellent in Downtown Tampa, but there are also many options of things to do with the kids. The trip is definitely worth it, particularly for a day away from the beach.
COVID-19 Update: As of February 2021, most restaurants and attractions are open and operating at a limited capacity to ensure social distancing. All airports in the US require face coverings to be worn, and this includes Southwest Florida Airport. See the airport's advisories on COVID-19 for the latest information.
Top international routes
The low-cost airline Southwest also serves a large share of the airport’s passengers. It primarily flies to destinations in the Northeast and Midwest. JetBlue and Spirit, two other low-cost airlines, also serve the airport.
Air Canada, its low-cost brand Air Canada Rouge, and West Jet provide service to destinations in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Eurowings provides service three times a week to Dusseldorf, Germany.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $47 per day
- Large cars - from $69 per day
- Medium cars - from $35 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $109 per day
- Premium cars - from $83 per day
- Small cars - from $35 per day
- SUVs - from $105 per day
Car rental desks
Unfortunately, there are no lounges or clubs at the airport. But as few, if any passengers connect through the airport, most won’t have a long time to wait. Plenty of dining options can be found at the airport, though. Both table service restaurants and fast-food places can be found in the atrium and in each concourse. You can also find cafes for coffee and bars.
The airport has a business center and currency exchange in addition to plenty of ATMs. It also showcases artworks by local artists. These can be found in various parts of the terminal and change from time to time.
Services and facilities
An alternative is to fill up earlier on your trip to the airport and only using the Mobil station to top up. Other stations can be found near the airport, too, though. A RaceTrac station and another Mobil station can be found one exit north of the exit to the airport. From there, you can return to I-75 or take Treeline Ave. to the airport. Either way, the airport is about five miles away.
If you have a Costco membership, then a Costco gas station can be found one exit south of the airport exit (exit 128). A 7-Eleven is also located at that exit, and that station is probably the most convenient one for those returning a car to Fox’s location south of the airport on Ben Hill Griffin Highway.
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- IATA: RSW
- ICAO: KRSW
- Name: Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 8,842,549
- Distance from City: 10 miles / 16.1 km SE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: (239) 590-4800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Fort Myers Airport
Car Rental at Punta Gorda Airport from $29.92 per day48.6 km / 30.2 miles away
Car Rental at Sarasota–Bradenton Airport from $62.95 per day124.1 km / 77.1 miles away
Car Rental Pembroke Pines from $28.82 per day156.7 km / 97.4 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport from $75.54 per day162.3 km / 100.8 miles away
Car Rental at West Palm Beach Airport from $29.92 per day165.8 km / 103.0 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Airport from $29.92 per day167.8 km / 104.3 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport from $29.92 per day167.8 km / 104.3 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades from $29.92 per day168.8 km / 104.9 miles away
Car Rental Miami Southwest from $29.92 per day169.3 km / 105.2 miles away
Car Rental Miami Coral Gables from $51.23 per day172.7 km / 107.3 miles away
Car Rental at Tampa Airport from $29.92 per day177.6 km / 110.3 miles away
Car Rental Miami Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell from $34.21 per day177.9 km / 110.5 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Port from $29.92 per day178.3 km / 110.8 miles away
Car Rental at St. Pete–Clearwater Airport from $29.92 per day178.4 km / 110.9 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne International Airport from $29.92 per day205.8 km / 127.9 miles away
Car Rental at Buena Vista Palace Hotel from $59.96 per day206.0 km / 128.0 miles away
Car Rental at Hyatt Regency Orlando Hotel from $33.25 per day212.2 km / 131.8 miles away
Car Rental at Orlando Airport from $29.92 per day215.1 km / 133.6 miles away
Car Rental Orlando East from $257.94 per day218.8 km / 135.9 miles away
Car Rental at Key West Airport from $29.92 per day220.2 km / 136.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Fort Myers Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Fort Myers Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Fort Myers Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|FOX||Nissan Versa||4||3||Medium cars|
|FOX||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|FOX||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
|FOX||Toyota Camry||4||2||Large cars|
|FOX||Jeep Wrangler Sport||4||3||SUVs|