Car Rental at Faro Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located near the sizable city of the same name, Faro Airport is the main gateway to the Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region. Known for its beautiful beaches and scenic coastal towns, but also fascinating history, the Algarve is one of the gems of this part of Europe. These are three of the most interesting attractions of the region:
- Albufeira. The Algarve might have the highest proportion of picturesque and laid back beach towns anywhere in Europe, and among them, Albufeira could be said to be the most interesting (or at least the most popular) one. In addition to beautiful Atlantic beaches and great opportunities for water sports, Albufeira also boasts a well-preserved Old Town and the Archaeological Museum which has artifacts dating back to the Roman and Moorish rule of the area.
- Inland. Much more sparsely populated and less explored than the coastal part, the Algarve’s inland is usually overlooked by travelers. But give it a chance and you’ll find a fascinating destination that offers everything from majestic (yet accessible) peaks to spas dating back for millennia and stunning views of the ocean below. Unfortunately, during the recent decade the Algarve’s interior has suffered from sporadic wildfires in its eucalyptus forests, so make sure to check the wildfire forecast if you’re visiting during the warmer half of the year.
- Portimão. The second-largest city of the Algarve, Portimão is also something of the region’s culinary capital, especially when it comes to seafood coming straight out of the Atlantic. Other attractions include its beautiful beaches, especially Praia da Rocha which, despite its name (‘Rocky Beach’), is sandy; dolphin-watching trips; and well-preserved, colorful architecture. Portimão is on the way from Faro to Albufeira and Lagos.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (278 km / 172 mi). The capital of Portugal is considered by many to be one of the greatest travel destinations in Europe, and for a good reason - it is a picturesque city full of landmarks, great restaurants, active nightlife, and fun things to do.
- Porto (549 km / 341 mi). Located in the northern part of the country near the border with Spain, Porto is a city of special atmosphere. There are many beautiful churches, palaces, and bridges to marvel at, but Porto’s number one attraction is simply roaming through the labyrinth of its mazy streets.
- Malaga (408 km / 253 mi). Located in neighboring Spain, Malaga is a fun travel destination. The city is best known for its beautiful beaches and the surrounding Costa del Sol region, but a number of amazing inland national parks are also nearby. To travel from Faro to Malaga or any other city in Spain, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Lagos (90 km / 56 mi). Also located in the Algarve region a short ride west of Faro, Lagos is a great place to visit. The town is famous for its long, stunning beaches, but also has a cute historic center and a number of well-preserved historic buildings. Lagos in Algarve shouldn’t be mistaken for the much larger city of the same name in Nigeria.
- Tavira (41 km / 25 mi). Another coastal destination of Algarve, Tavira is just east of Faro. A small town of only about 25,000 inhabitants, it punches way above its weight when it comes to things to see and do. These include a large protected nature area that is great for bird watching, an olive tree that is more than 2,000 years old, and the Tuna Fishing Museum dedicated to the historic industry of the region.
- Mexilhoeira Grande (75 km / 46 mi). A scenic village right next to Lagos, Mexilhoeira has been inhabited since the prehistoric times. A history buff’s dream, it is home to the megalithic constructions of Alcalar, Roman ruins, and a number of beautiful churches.
- Armacao de Pera (52 km / 32 mi). A historic fishing village, Armacao attracts thousands of visitors every summer thanks to its beautiful coastline and accessible beaches. Many quality seaside restaurants are open every summer.
- Portimao (71 km / 44 mi). The second city of Algarve, Portimao is a fun travel destination. Like other places in the region, it is home to beautiful beaches, some well-preserved architecture, and laid back atmosphere. From Portimao, you can also easily access Monchique, one of the most interesting inland destinations of Algarve.
Faro Airport (FAO)
- IATA: FAO
- ICAO: LPFR
- Name: Faro Airport (FAO)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 53,427
- Passengers (per year): 8,727,000
- Distance from City: 2.5 miles / 4 km W of town
- Working hours:
Top 20 Locations near Faro Airport
Car Rental in Faro Montenegro from $23.05 per day3.3 km / 2.1 miles away
Car Rental at Albufeira Pine Cliffs from $78.66 per day22.7 km / 14.1 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Martim Moniz from $148.68 per day214.1 km / 133.0 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Hotel Tivoli from $21.26 per day215.1 km / 133.6 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Alameda from $78.88 per day216.0 km / 134.2 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Sao Sebastiao from $24.48 per day216.6 km / 134.6 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $78.88 per day217.6 km / 135.2 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Airport from $24.28 per day219.0 km / 136.1 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Prior Velho from $66.05 per day220.2 km / 136.8 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Taguspark from $134.55 per day223.7 km / 139.0 miles away
Car Rental at Cascais Train Station from $121.61 per day226.0 km / 140.4 miles away
Car Rental at Coimbra Train Station from $5.95 per day354.7 km / 220.4 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Sao Bento Railway Station from $6.33 per day460.0 km / 285.8 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Campanha Railway Station from $112.41 per day460.1 km / 285.9 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Boavista from $148.68 per day461.7 km / 286.9 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Ramalde from $134.55 per day463.2 km / 287.8 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Airport from $24.28 per day472.0 km / 293.3 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Santo Harbour from $93.13 per day882.0 km / 548.1 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Santo Airport (Madeira) from $91.81 per day884.0 km / 549.3 miles away
Car Rental at Madeira Funchal Airport from $37.96 per day940.0 km / 584.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Faro Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Faro Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Faro Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Autorent||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Autorent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|EPI Rent a Car||Seat Ibiza||4||2||Small cars|
|Autorent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Autorent||Ford Focus STW||5||3||Station wagons|
|Turisprime||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Drive4Fun||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.