Car Rental at Faro Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located near the sizable city of the same name, Faro Airport is the main gateway to the Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region. Known for its beautiful beaches and scenic coastal towns, but also fascinating history, the Algarve is one of the gems of this part of Europe. These are three of the most popular attractions of the region:
- Albufeira. The Algarve might have the highest proportion of picturesque and laid back beach towns anywhere in Europe, and among them, Albufeira Albufeira is one of the most popular. Incredible Atlantic beaches along the entire coastline give you ample choice of where to soak up the sun, or take up water sports. Albufeira has a twin personality split between its nightlife mecca strip and ‘new town’ and its slightly more llaid-backhistoric old town. Hidden in its old town, you’ll find traditional fish restaurants, churches, and the Archaeological Museum sharing the history of Albufeira’s Roman and Moorish past.
- Inland. Much more sparsely populated and less explored than the coastal part, the Algarve’s inland is usually overlooked by travelers. But give it a chance and you’ll find a fascinating destination that offers everything from majestic (yet accessible) peaks to traditional villages, spas dating back for millennia and stunning views of the ocean below. Unfortunately, during the recent decade the Algarve’s forested laid-backinterior has suffered from sporadic wildfires in its eucalyptus forests, so make sure to check the wildfire forecast if you’re visiting during the warmer half of the year.
- Portimão. The second-largest city of the Algarve, Portimão is also something of the region’s culinary capital, especially when it comes to seafood coming straight out of the Atlantic. The prime attraction of Portimão is its beach resort of Praia da Rocha, offering the biggest and most expensive stretches of sand in this part of the Algarve. In Portimão’s harbour, you’ll find boat trips to go dolphin watching or explore the caves and coves of the rocky coastline. Portimão is on the way from Faro to Albufeira and Lagos.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (278 km / 172 mi). The capital of Portugal is considered by many to be one of the greatest travel destinations in Europe, and for a good reason - it is a picturesque city full of landmarks, great restaurants, active nightlife, and fun things to do.
- Porto (549 km / 341 mi). Located in the northernmost region of Portugal near the border with Spain, Porto is a historic riverside city with a deep connection to Portuguese history. There are many beautiful churches, palaces, and bridges to marvel at, but Porto’s number one attraction is simply roaming through the labyrinth of its mazy streets.
- Malaga (408 km / 253 mi). Located in neighboring Spain, Malaga is a fun travel destination. The city is best known for its beautiful beaches, nightlife, and the surrounding Costa del Sol region, but a number of amazing inland national parks are also nearby. To travel from Faro to Malaga or any other city in Spain, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Lagos (90 km / 56 mi). Located in the western Algarve region a one-hour drive from Faro, Lagos is a great place to visit. The town is famous for its stunning beaches and coves surrounded by golden cliffs, but also its lively and historic center with a number of well-preserved buildings.
- Tavira (41 km / 25 mi). A historic riverside town in the Algarve, Tavira is just east of Faro. A small town of only about 25,000 inhabitants, it punches way above its weight when it comes to things to see and do. These include a large protected nature area that is great for bird watching, an olive tree that is more than 2,000 years old, and the Tuna Fishing Museum dedicated to the historic industry of the region.
- Alvor (75 km / 46 mi) This former fishing village is now a popular resort on the doorstep of a lagoon. The lagoon offers calm bathing waters and an exceptional place to practice wind and water sports. In its small harbour, you’ll find tour operators offering thrilling powerboat rides, or relaxing trips exploring the Algarve coastline. With a rich fishing heritage that continues to this day, you’ll find some of the best fish restaurants in the Algarve!
- Armacao de Pera (52 km / 32 mi). A historic fishing village, Armacao attracts thousands of visitors every summer thanks to its beautiful coastline and accessible beaches. Many quality seaside restaurants are open every summer.
- Portimao (71 km / 44 mi). The second city of Algarve, Portimao is a fun travel destination. Like other places in the region, it is home to beautiful beaches, some well-preserved architecture, and laid back atmosphere. From Portimao, you can also easily access Monchique, one of the most interesting inland destinations of Algarve.
Faro Airport (FAO)
- IATA: FAO
- ICAO: LPFR
- Name: Faro Airport (FAO)
- Distance from city: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Top 15 Locations near Faro Airport
Car Rental in Albufeira (Downtown) from $16.52 per day25.3 km / 15.7 miles away
214.1 km / 133.0 miles away
215.8 km / 134.1 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon Alameda from $23.69 per day216.8 km / 134.7 miles away
Car Rental in Lisbon (Downtown) from $5.89 per day217.0 km / 134.8 miles away
Car Rental at Oriente Train Station from $24.63 per day218.4 km / 135.7 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Airport from $4.35 per day219.8 km / 136.6 miles away
Car Rental at Lisbon Prior Velho from $5.50 per day221.0 km / 137.3 miles away
462.3 km / 287.3 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Campanha Railway Station from $28.56 per day462.5 km / 287.4 miles away
Car Rental in Porto (Downtown) from $8.90 per day463.6 km / 288.1 miles away
Car Rental in Porto Boavista from $40.26 per day464.0 km / 288.3 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Airport from $4.86 per day474.3 km / 294.7 miles away
Car Rental at Porto Santo Airport (Madeira) from $79.62 per day879.6 km / 546.6 miles away
Car Rental at Madeira Funchal Airport from $23.81 per day935.6 km / 581.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Faro Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Faro Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Faro Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Autorent, Goldcar, Drive on Holidays, Klass Wagen, Discovery Cars|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||$12 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Autorent||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Drive on Holidays||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Toyota Aygo||3||1||Small cars|
|Autorent||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drive4Fun||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Autorent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.