Car Hire at Porto Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Porto, the capital of the Northern Region of Portugal, is a popular tourist destination both due to its cultural offerings and as a base from which to explore northern Portugal and its beaches and nature. With numerous flights, including many with Raynair and easyJet, taking Brits to Porto, it's no surprise that the city and regions are extremely popular with British tourists.
Most tourists opt to hire a car for their trip. What would be a trip to sunny Portugal without hitting the beaches?
Tolls: Most of the motorways in the northern part of Portugal are toll roads. Some of these are tolled electronically, meaning you can not pay with a credit card nor cash at a toll gate. This includes the A28 and A24 motorways heading north (the A24 to the Spanish border) along with the A28 heading south and the A7 that leads to the Spanish border to the east. While most of these can be avoided, do be prepared to accept the supplier's e-toll device if you plan to travel on these motorways.
Driving to Spain: The Spanish border north of Porto is only 120km from Porto Airport with Vigo, the first main city in Galicia roughly 150km from the airport.
So don't wait! Plan your trip to northern Portugal, hire a car, and enjoy the sunny beaches and outstanding nature! And here are some destinations to put on your list:
- Museums. A thoroughly cultured city, Porto is home to a wide variety of interesting museums and other cultural institutions. It would be impossible to name them all, but some of the notable ones include the Museum of Sacred Art and Archaeology, House of Music, Port Wine Institute, and Portuguese Photography Museum.
- Costa da Prata. The Silver Coast stretches for about 240 km (150 miles) from the border with Spain in the north to Greater Lisbon in the south, but many of its most beautiful parts are located near Porto. Significantly more rugged than the beaches of the Algarve in the far south, the Costa da Prata is known for traditional fishing communities, coastal hiking trails, and great surfing conditions.
- Peneda-Gerês National Park. One of the most scenic areas in Southern Europe, Peneda-Gerês is characterized by its granite peaks, highland forests, and stunning landscapes, as well as man-made landmarks such as the Roman bridge of Cava de Velha. The park gives home to a large variety of species of wildlife such as the Iberian wolf, Spanish ibex, and Garrano wild horses. The drive from Porto takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Top international routes
- East Midlands
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 174 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 194 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 154 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 124 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 297 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 204 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 96 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 152 per day
Car hire desks
Others are located about 300m from the airport terminal. These include Firefly and Flizzer, and Drive&Go.
The rest provide either Meet&Greet service or a shuttle bus as their locations are not within walking distance.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Lisbon (313 km/194 miles)
- Faro (550 km/341 miles)
- Seville (580 km/360 miles)
- A Coruña (301 km/187 miles)
- Braga (55 km/34 miles)
- Santiago de Compostela (237 km/147 miles)
Porto Airport (OPO)
- IATA: OPO
- ICAO: LPPR
- Name: Porto Airport (OPO)
- Flights per year: 93,468
- Passengers (per year): 10,787,000
- Distance from the city centre: 6.8 miles / 11 km NW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 19 Destinations around Porto Airport
Porto Sao Bento Railway station starting at £ 5.42 per day
Porto Campanha Railway Station starting at £ 96.30 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Porto Boavista starting at £ 127.38 per day2.4 km / 1.5 miles away
Porto Ramalde starting at £ 115.28 per day4.1 km / 2.5 miles away
Coimbra Railway Station starting at £ 5.10 per day105.3 km / 65.4 miles away
Lisbon Prior Velho starting at £ 56.59 per day266.2 km / 165.4 miles away
Oriente Railway Station starting at £ 67.58 per day267.6 km / 166.3 miles away
Lisbon Airport starting at £ 20.80 per day267.8 km / 166.4 miles away
Lisbon Alameda starting at £ 67.58 per day271.5 km / 168.7 miles away
Lisbon Sao Sebastiao starting at £ 20.97 per day272.2 km / 169.1 miles away
Lisbon Hotel Tivoli starting at £ 18.22 per day273.4 km / 169.9 miles away
Lisbon Martim Moniz starting at £ 127.38 per day274.0 km / 170.2 miles away
Lisbon Taguspark starting at £ 115.28 per day274.1 km / 170.3 miles away
Cascais Railway Station starting at £ 104.19 per day280.3 km / 174.2 miles away
Albufeira Pine Cliffs starting at £ 67.39 per day452.1 km / 280.9 miles away
Faro Montenegro starting at £ 19.75 per day460.8 km / 286.3 miles away
Faro Airport starting at £ 20.80 per day462.3 km / 287.3 miles away
Porto Santo Harbour starting at £ 79.79 per day1127.9 km / 700.9 miles away
Madeira Airport (Funchal) starting at £ 32.52 per day1185.7 km / 736.8 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Porto Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Porto Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Porto Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Drive on Holidays||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Ibiza||5||2||Small cars|
|Turisprime||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Opo rent||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500 Lounge||4||1||Small cars|
|Rent-a-Star||Mercedes A Class||4||2||Large cars|
|First Rent||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Turisprime||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.