Car Rental at Athens Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of not just Greece, but, in some sense, Western civilization as a whole, Athens is as historic a destination as they come. From ancient landmarks to medieval gems and the modern art scene, the city has something for every visitor to enjoy. These are three of the city’s most notable landmarks:
- The Acropolis. The heart of old Athens, the Acropolis is naturally the most visited place in the city. In addition to landmarks like Parthenon, many notable sites are also located around the Acropolis and can be conveniently visited during the same visit. The Acropolis is in the center of town, just a ten-minute walk or a five-minute drive away from Syntagma Square.
- The Museum of Ancient Greek Technology. As could be expected, Athens is home to a number of museums dedicated to the ancient Hellenic world. While not as large and immediately impressive as some others, this little cultural institution dedicated to the inventive genius of the ancient inhabitants of the area is one of the most interesting. Divided into three sections, the museum explores Ancient Greek technology, as well as the unusual musical instruments that were popular at the time.
- Kaisariani Monastery. Another historically important place, but dating to significantly more recent times, this monastery was built at the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries when the area was ruled by the Byzantines. Despite being more than 900 years old, it continues to perform its original function and is open for worshippers and visitors alike. The monastery is located in a beautiful place on the foothills of Mount Hymettus and is surrounded by a vast green area that is a popular destination for walks. The drive from the city center takes 30 to 40 minutes.
- The Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus. The Ancient Agora was the main civic center in Ancient Greece. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato would walk through the streets and markets, sharing wisdom with everyone they encountered. Look out for the Stoa of Attalos, a colonnaded marketplace once home to over 40 stores that today houses the Agora Museum. The Temple of Hephaestus was built around the same time as the Parthenon (450 BC) and had a similar design. It is dedicated to Hephaestus, God of Fire, and Athena Ergane, Goddess of Pottery and Crafts.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
Athens Airport (ATH)
- IATA: ATH
- ICAO: LGAV
- Name: Athens Airport (ATH)
- Distance from city: 12.4 miles / 20 km
Top 20 Locations near Athens Airport
Car Rental in Athens (Downtown) from $8.47 per day19.1 km / 11.9 miles away
Car Rental at Athens Train Station from $25.61 per day20.6 km / 12.8 miles away
Car Rental at Piraeus Port from $14.75 per day26.6 km / 16.5 miles away
Car Rental at Athens Port from $39.83 per day27.1 km / 16.8 miles away
Car Rental at Syros Airport from $15.70 per day105.4 km / 65.5 miles away
Car Rental at Skyros Island National Airport from $16.23 per day123.8 km / 76.9 miles away
Car Rental at Mykonos Port from $15.35 per day133.2 km / 82.8 miles away
Car Rental at Mykonos Airport from $12.41 per day135.5 km / 84.2 miles away
Car Rental at Skiathos Port from $14.39 per day142.1 km / 88.3 miles away
Car Rental at Paros Port from $8.77 per day142.2 km / 88.4 miles away
Car Rental at Skiathos Airport from $14.39 per day143.2 km / 89.0 miles away
Car Rental at Milos Airport from $13.72 per day145.7 km / 90.5 miles away
Car Rental at Paros Airport from $8.77 per day146.7 km / 91.2 miles away
Car Rental at Naxos Airport from $13.45 per day157.6 km / 97.9 miles away
Car Rental at Volos Airport from $15.11 per day174.2 km / 108.2 miles away
Car Rental at Kalamata Airport from $8.65 per day194.9 km / 121.1 miles away
Car Rental at Chios Airport from $12.97 per day197.3 km / 122.6 miles away
Car Rental at Santorini Port from $16.71 per day217.4 km / 135.1 miles away
Car Rental at Santorini Airport from $8.58 per day218.4 km / 135.7 miles away
Car Rental at Samos Airport from $13.39 per day262.1 km / 162.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Athens Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Athens Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Athens Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Centauro, Avance, CarQ, Record-go, Alamo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$3 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Avance||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|CarQ||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|CarQ||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Avance||Citroen C3||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Peugeot 308||4||2||Medium cars|
|Avance||Toyota Auris||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.