Car Hire at Athens Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
The birthplace of democracy and classical Greek culture, it is no exaggeration that Athens is one of the most famous cities in the world. Today a sprawling metropolis with more than 3 million residents in its metropolitan area, it combines that classical heritage with more recent influences and contemporary energy which makes it one of the most interesting destinations in Europe. Here’s our pick of its best attractions:
- Acropolis. No trip to the Greek capital would be complete without a visit to the ancient complex of the Acropolis which has the bulk of Athens’ most famous sites. More than 2,500 years old, it is home to ancient world miracles like the Parthenon, Theatre of Dionysus, and Erechtheum. Located just a short drive from the centre of Athens, the Acropolis is visible from most places in the city. The site obviously gets lots of tourists at any time of the year, so it’s a good idea to get your tickets online to avoid standing in the queue.
- Daphni Monastery. The ancient culture is obviously one of the symbols of Greece, but the country is just as characterized by the Byzantine period and Orthodox Christianity — after all, most Greeks are followers of this branch of the Christian faith to this day. A great place to learn about this heritage, Daphni Monastery is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Best known for its medieval mosaics, it is an impressive, but calm, place to visit. If you liked Daphni, consider a trip to Kaisariani Monastery, famous for its frescoes and surrounding gardens.
- Parnitha National Park. Made up of beautiful gorges, deep caves, swift rivers, and well-marked hiking trails, Parnitha National Park is one of the nicest nature areas that can be visited as a day-trip from Athens. Its forests are home to hundreds of species of wildlife, and the area also includes attractions such as the Tatoi Palace and the 2,400-year-old Filis Fortress. Located some 42 km (26 miles) from the capital, Parnitha can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 32 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 23 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 22 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 16 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 40 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 11 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 46 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
Athens Airport (ATH)
- IATA: ATH
- ICAO: LGAV
- Name: Athens Airport (ATH)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 195,951
- Passengers (per year): 21,737,787
- Distance from the city centre: 12.4 miles / 20 km SE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: 0030 210 353 0001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Athens Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Athens Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Athens Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Goldcar||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|ABBYCAR||Ford Fiesta||4||2||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Suzuki Celerio||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Peugeot 308||4||2||Medium cars|