Car Rental at Miami Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Miami Airport! Then drive into the city to explore. Miami’s famous for its beaches, but you’ll discover that there’s a lot more to see and do. Drive to the historic MiMo district in Downtown Miami which is known for its architecture, experience the unique atmosphere in Little Haiti, and be sure to check out Little Havana and Coconut Grove.
Park by the harbor and take a boat tour — it’s the ideal way to see many landmarks. The city’s cultural scene and nightlife are vibrant, so check out a festival while you’re there and enjoy live music at the bars and nightclubs. Drive to Everglades National Park, explore the swamplands, and go on a tour to see alligators and other local wildlife.
Miami’s a great place to visit, but there’s so much more to see in the area, so why not get a longer-term car rental? Drive down to Key West, explore the north of Florida, or go all the way to New Orleans and visit America’s Deep South in Alabama and Mississippi. You can pick up your car at Miami Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure now!
Though you could easily spend weeks enjoying Miami, here are a few ideas of places in South Florida that are worth taking a day trip to in order to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city:
- Big Cypress National Preserve: Head west along I-75 to this slice of nature. The park offers hiking trails, boat tours, and some of the darkest skies on the east coast making it the perfect spot to stare at the stars. You can also camp at one of the preserve’s campgrounds, a perfect way to spend the night outdoors. The preserve
- Everglades National Park: Though it’s a couple of hours’ drive to the south, the Everglades is an excellent place to spend time in nature. You can experience the unique landscape in many ways, whether it be just for a day of birdwatching or an extended kayaking trip.
- Biscayne National Park: South of Miami, this national park protects the Bay of Biscayne which includes the northernmost of the Keys. There are a few things you can do there like exploring the Visitor Center or walking along the Jetty Trail, but as the park is 95% water, a boat is needed to explore it. There are tours that you can join or you can rent a canoe or kayak and explore on your own. Either way, the park is a treasure that shouldn’t be overlooked.
Top international routes
It’s a good idea to figure out your options for paying for tolls in your rental car in South Florida ahead of time. Many tolls can't be paid with cash or credit card. Some rental companies provide cars that have a SunPass transponder attached that can neither be removed nor turned off. Others provide one that can be taken off so that you can use your own if you have one.
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Companies that are located outside of the airport each provide a shuttle service to their location. These shuttles can be found outside the lobby of the Rental Car Center.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If renting a car from one of the companies located away from the airport, other stations may be more convenient. For example, most returning a rental car to Fox Easirent, or Clubs will find a Chevron station at the intersection of NW 27th Avenue and NW 17th Street may be better.
Those returning a rental car to Zig Zag may find a Chevron station at the intersection of NW 41 Street and NW 27th Avenue where they will most likely exit the Airport Expressway to be the best solution.
Popular one-way rentals
- 1. Fort Lauderdale (30 miles / 48 km). Located just a short 45-minute drive to the north, Fort Lauderdale is another beach city of Florida. Known as the Venice of America, it also boasts one of the most extensive (and most scenic) networks of canals in the country.
- 2. Orlando (236 miles / 380 km). Known as the Home of Disney World and many other theme parks, Orlando is perhaps the one other destination in Florida that more than matches the popularity of Miami. The drive between the two cities takes just under four hours.
- 3. Key West (160 miles / 257 km). The southern terminus of the Florida Keys archipelago is the former home of Ernest Hemingway and is now a popular tourist destination. The islands are connected by US Highway 1, so you can explore them by car – The drive from Miami will take about 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- 4. West Palm Beach (72 miles / 116 km). North of Fort Lauderdale, but still reachable in 90 minutes from Miami, West Palm Beach is home to not just stunning beaches, but also John D. MacArthur Beach State Park, which is known for its diverse flora and fauna.
- 5. Fort Myers (155 miles / 249 km). Fort Myers, and its next-door neighbor Cape Coral, are two of the best places to enjoy Florida’s southwestern coast. Located about 2 hours and 30 minutes from Miami, the area is known for its coastline, but equally for nature preserves like the Butterfly Estates and Matanzas Pass Preserve.
- 6. Tampa (278 miles / 447 km). The largest metropolis on Florida’s West Coast, Tampa is known as the home of Buccaneers and Lightning, but also as a popular vacation destination. A stop for many famous cruise ships, it is about a four-hour drive northwest of Miami.
- IATA: MIA
- ICAO: KMIA
- Name: Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Distance from city: 8 miles / 12.9 km
Top 20 Locations near Miami Airport
Car Rental in Miami Coral Gables from $57.79 per day5.8 km / 3.6 miles away
Car Rental in Miami (Downtown) from $57.79 per day10.6 km / 6.6 miles away
Car Rental at Miami Port from $83.12 per day11.2 km / 7.0 miles away
16.9 km / 10.5 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport from $23.54 per day33.7 km / 20.9 miles away
35.9 km / 22.3 miles away
Car Rental at West Palm Beach Airport from $46.35 per day100.6 km / 62.5 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Myers Airport from $49.95 per day167.8 km / 104.3 miles away
Car Rental at Key West International Airport from $51.62 per day201.9 km / 125.5 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne International Airport from $57.79 per day259.0 km / 160.9 miles away
Car Rental at Sarasota–Bradenton Airport from $49.81 per day286.9 km / 178.3 miles away
Car Rental at Orlando Airport from $27.51 per day309.8 km / 192.5 miles away
311.6 km / 193.6 miles away
315.1 km / 195.8 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Disney Car Care from $69.69 per day315.6 km / 196.1 miles away
Car Rental at Tampa Airport from $22.55 per day329.0 km / 204.4 miles away
Car Rental at St. Pete–Clearwater Airport from $58.92 per day334.4 km / 207.8 miles away
Car Rental at Sanford Airport from $50.63 per day344.4 km / 214.0 miles away
Car Rental at Daytona Beach Airport from $48.07 per day383.9 km / 238.5 miles away
Car Rental at Gainesville Regional Airport from $43.17 per day474.9 km / 295.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Miami Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Miami Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Miami Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||HDC Rent a Car, Blue Auto Trading, Fly n Drive Rent a Car, Corpusa Rent a Car, Americars Auto Rental|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$9 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||HDC Rent a Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|HDC Rent a Car||Honda Civic||4||2||Medium cars|
|Corpusa Rent a Car||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Large cars|
|Fly n Drive Rent a Car||Nissan Versa||5||2||Medium cars|
|Blue Auto Trading||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|HDC Rent a Car||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Medium cars|
|Fly n Drive Rent a Car||Hyundai Accent (i25)||4||1||Small cars|
|HDC Rent a Car||Ford Focus||4||2||Medium cars|
|Corpusa Rent a Car||Jeep Cherokee||5||4||SUVs|
|Renta Florida||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Americars Auto Rental||Nissan Versa||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.