Car Rental at Miami Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Miami Airport! Then drive into the city to explore. Miami’s famous for its beaches, but you’ll discover that there’s a lot more to see and do. Drive to the historic MiMo district in Downtown Miami which is known for its architecture, experience the unique atmosphere in Little Haiti, and be sure to check out Little Havana and Coconut Grove.
Park by the harbor and take a boat tour — it’s the ideal way to see many landmarks. The city’s cultural scene and nightlife are vibrant, so check out a festival while you’re there and enjoy live music at the bars and nightclubs. Drive to Everglades National Park, explore the swamplands, and go on a tour to see alligators and other local wildlife.
Miami’s a great place to visit, but there’s so much more to see in the area, so why not get a longer-term car rental? Drive down to Key West, explore the north of Florida, or go all the way to New Orleans and visit America’s Deep South in Alabama and Mississippi. You can pick up your car at Miami Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure now!
Though you could easily spend weeks enjoying Miami, here are a few ideas of places in South Florida that are worth taking a day trip to in order to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city:
- Big Cypress National Preserve: Head west along I-75 to this slice of nature. The park offers hiking trails, boat tours, and some of the darkest skies on the east coast making it the perfect spot to stare at the stars. You can also camp at one of the preserve’s campgrounds, a perfect way to spend the night outdoors. The preserve
- Everglades National Park: Everglades National Park: Though it’s a couple hours’ drive to the south, the Everglades is an excellent place to spend time in nature. You can experience the unique landscape in many ways, whether it be just for a day of birdwatching or an extended kayaking trip.
- Biscayne National Park: South of Miami, this national park protects the Bay of Biscayne which includes the northernmost of the Keys. There are a few things you can do there like exploring the Visitor Center or walking along the Jetty Trail, but as the park is 95% water, a boat is needed to explore it. There are tours that you can join or you can rent a canoe or kayak and explore on your own. Either way, the park is a treasure that shouldn’t be overlooked.
COVID-19 Update: As of February 2021, most restaurants and attractions are open and operating at a limited capacity to ensure social distancing. All require face coverings. The State of Florida doesn’t require any self-isolation or test when entering from another state. Only US citizens and permanent residents are allowed to arrive from many international destinations including the UK and EU, while others must quarantine and provide negative COVID-19 tests. See the CDC’s page concerning travel during COVID-19 for more information.
Top international routes
It’s a good idea to figure out your options for paying for tolls in your rental car in South Florida ahead of time. Some rental companies provide cars that have a SunPass transponder attached that can neither be removed nor turn off. Others provide one that can be taken off so that you can use your own if you have one.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $128 per day
- Large cars - from $80 per day
- Medium cars - from $63 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $649 per day
- Premium cars - from $100 per day
- Small cars - from $50 per day
- SUVs - from $146 per day
Car rental desks
Companies that are located outside of the airport each provide a shuttle service to their location. These shuttles can be found outside the lobby of the Rental Car Center.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If renting a car from one of the companies located away from the airport, other stations may be more convenient. For example, most returning a rental car to Fox Easirent, or Clubs will find a Chevron station at the intersection of NW 27th Avenue and NW 17th Street may be better.
Those returning a rental car to Zig Zag may find a Chevron station at the intersection of NW 41 Street and NW 27th Avenue where they will most likely exit the Airport Expressway to be the best solution.
Miami International Airport (MIA)
- IATA: MIA
- ICAO: KMIA
- Name: Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 44,071,313
- Distance from City: 8 miles / 12.9 km NW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +1 (305) 876 7000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Miami Airport
Car Rental at Miami Port from $29.70 per day
Car Rental Miami Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell from $33.86 per day2.4 km / 1.5 miles away
Car Rental Miami Coral Gables from $61.04 per day9.0 km / 5.6 miles away
Car Rental Miami Southwest from $29.70 per day14.7 km / 9.1 miles away
Car Rental Pembroke Pines from $28.53 per day28.1 km / 17.5 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport from $24.41 per day32.7 km / 20.3 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades from $29.70 per day34.5 km / 21.4 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport from $84.29 per day46.4 km / 28.9 miles away
Car Rental at West Palm Beach Airport from $24.41 per day100.8 km / 62.6 miles away
Car Rental at Fort Myers Airport from $24.41 per day178.3 km / 110.8 miles away
Car Rental at Key West Airport from $29.70 per day209.0 km / 129.9 miles away
Car Rental at Punta Gorda Airport from $29.70 per day220.5 km / 137.0 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne International Airport from $29.70 per day262.4 km / 163.0 miles away
Car Rental at Sarasota–Bradenton Airport from $70.25 per day296.7 km / 184.4 miles away
Car Rental at Orlando Airport from $24.41 per day315.1 km / 195.8 miles away
Car Rental Orlando East from $255.29 per day316.6 km / 196.7 miles away
Car Rental at Buena Vista Palace Hotel from $59.50 per day317.6 km / 197.3 miles away
Car Rental at Hyatt Regency Orlando Hotel from $32.91 per day320.9 km / 199.4 miles away
Car Rental at Tampa Airport from $24.38 per day337.8 km / 209.9 miles away
Car Rental at St. Pete–Clearwater Airport from $29.70 per day343.5 km / 213.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Miami Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Miami Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Miami Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Toyota Yaris||5||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Altima||4||1||Large cars|
|Rent a Car 4Less||Chevrolet Spark||4||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Nissan Sentra||4||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Nissan Versa||4||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Hyundai Santa Fe||5||2||SUVs|
|Zezgo||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Rent a Car 4Less||Toyota Corolla||4||4||Large cars|
|Avis||Kia Rio||4||2||Small cars|