Car Hire at Madeira Airport (Funchal)
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The capital of the Atlantic island of Madeira, Funchal receives hundreds of thousands of visitors every year. Located on the southeastern part of the island, Funchal is both a hub from which the rest of Madeira can be explored and a fascinating city in its own right. These are three of its most interesting attractions:
- Architecture. Despite its relatively small size, Funchal is home to a wide variety of impressive buildings of different styles and epochs. These include the iconic Sé Cathedral, but also the São Lourenço Palace, the Jesuit Colegio Church, the São Tiago Fort which was built to repel pirates, and the Santa Clara Convent with its blue tiles.
- Gardens and parks. Funchal has a disproportionate amount of beautiful public green areas and it would be a shame not to explore at least some of them while in the city. The most famous, Quinta do Palheiro Ferreiro Park, resembles a classical English park with long alleys and impressive gates and has a surprising variety of flora from around the world. Travellers also love the Madeira Botanical Garden and Monte Palace Hotel Gardens.
- Museums. While not as large and impressive as those of Lisbon or Porto, Funchal is home to some fascinating museums giving better insight into the traditions, art, and important historical industries of the island. These include the IBTAM Museum of Embroidery and Tapestry, Wine Museum, City of Sugar Museum, Museum of Sacred Art, and Museum of Natural History.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 75 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 86 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 71 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 145 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 188 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 50 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 70 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Madeira Airport (Funchal) (FNC)
- IATA: FNC
- ICAO: LPMA
- Name: Madeira Airport (Funchal) (FNC)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Flights per year: 25,261
- Passengers (per year): 3,200,000
- Distance from the city centre: 8.1 miles / 13 km NE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +351 291 520 700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 6 Destinations around Madeira Funchal Airport
Car Hire at Albufeira Pine Cliffs starting at £ 19.04 per day923.5 km / 573.8 miles away
Car Hire at Faro Airport starting at £ 4.95 per day935.6 km / 581.3 miles away
Car Hire in Faro Montenegro starting at £ 10.61 per day936.7 km / 582.0 miles away
Car Hire at Lisbon Airport starting at £ 2.22 per day964.8 km / 599.5 miles away
Car Hire at Lisbon Prior Velho starting at £ 9.60 per day966.0 km / 600.3 miles away
Car Hire at Porto Airport starting at £ 3.91 per day1190.8 km / 739.9 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Madeira Airport (Funchal)?
What’s the most frequent hire length at Madeira Airport (Funchal)?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Madeira Airport (Funchal)?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Funchal Drive rent a Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Madeira Rent||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Madeira Rent||Renault Captur||5||2||Medium cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Volkswagen Polo||5||3||Small cars|
|Madeira Rent||Peugeot 108||2||1||Small cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Magic Islands Rent A Car||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||3||SUVs|
|Rentx Car Rental||Opel Corsa Hatchback||5||2||Small cars|
|Funchal Drive rent a Car||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.