Car Rental at Milan Airport Malpensa
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located about 53 km (32 miles) to the northwest, Malpensa is the largest of the three airports serving Milan. But while most visitors make their way straight for the great northern city, the airport also provides easy access to a number of less celebrated, but equally interesting attractions in the provinces of Lombardy and Piedmont. Here are five such trips for you to consider:
- Lago de Como. The namesake city of Lake Como, Como, lies about 40 minutes northwest of Malpensa Airport. Driving along the shoreline, you will discover ornate gardens and luxurious villas, ancient towns with quaint cobblestone streets, and jaw-dropping views. Como and Bellagio are well-known, but visits to off-the-beaten-path towns like Varenna, Tremezzo, and Menaggio will be just as stunning!
- Lago Maggiore. The large and alpine Lake Maggiore is one of the most popular travel attractions in Lombardy and Piedmont. Known for its scenic coastal towns, well-preserved architecture, and a number of islands that can be visited, the area is about an hour’s drive from the Malpensa Airport. Follow the shoreline long enough and you’ll end up in neighboring Switzerland and the picturesque town of Locarno (though ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit crossing the border).
- Val Grande National Park. The drive from Malpensa takes at least an hour, but visiting the Great Valley is worth the effort. Encompassing a portion of the High Alps, this protected area is known for some of the most amazing mountain views and vistas in Europe. Located in neighboring Piedmont, the national park has no permanent population, so many areas can only be visited in the company of a guide; plus, many of the trails are steep and dangerous, so significant trekking experience may be required. Ask about this at one of the park’s three visitor centers
- Aosta Valley. Another destination that takes up to two hours to reach, but is endlessly rewarding, the autonomous community of Aosta Valley is home to the Italian side of Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn, two of the highest peaks in Europe. Naturally, there is no shortage of skiing and hiking options, although the area is also known for its thermal baths. Another notable destination is Gran Paradiso National Park, which Aosta shares with neighboring Piedmont.
- Bergamo. Much more than just the location of one of the other two international airports serving the Greater Milan area, Bergamo is one of the most beautiful cities of Lombardy. Divided into the Upper Town where most of its landmarks are located and the relatively more modern Lower Town, Bergamo is equally known for its historical heritage and delicious cuisine. Located some 93 km (58 miles) from Malpensa Airport, Bergamo can be reached by car in just an hour and 10 minutes.
Top international routes
- Lamezia Terme
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
Milan Airport Malpensa (MXP)
- IATA: MXP
- ICAO: LIMC
- Name: Milan Airport Malpensa (MXP)
- Distance from city: 24.9 miles / 40 km
Top 20 Locations near Milan Airport Malpensa
Car Rental in Milan Duomo from $31.09 per day40.2 km / 25.0 miles away
Car Rental in Milan (Downtown) from $12.73 per day40.5 km / 25.2 miles away
Car Rental in Milan Viale Umbria from $16.53 per day42.7 km / 26.5 miles away
Car Rental at Milan Linate Airport from $5.19 per day47.4 km / 29.5 miles away
Car Rental at Bergamo Airport from $2.71 per day76.0 km / 47.2 miles away
Car Rental at Turin Airport from $5.85 per day96.8 km / 60.1 miles away
Car Rental at Genova Airport from $8.50 per day135.6 km / 84.3 miles away
Car Rental in Parma North from $15.06 per day154.3 km / 95.9 miles away
Car Rental at Verona Airport from $5.21 per day170.3 km / 105.8 miles away
Car Rental at Bolzano Airport from $11.43 per day220.7 km / 137.1 miles away
Car Rental at Bolzano Train Station from $26.69 per day224.6 km / 139.6 miles away
Car Rental at Bologna Airport from $3.29 per day235.0 km / 146.0 miles away
Car Rental in Bologna (Downtown) from $24.34 per day240.2 km / 149.3 miles away
Car Rental at Bologna Train Station from $7.15 per day240.5 km / 149.4 miles away
Car Rental at Pisa Airport from $1.97 per day253.3 km / 157.4 miles away
Car Rental at Livorno Port from $11.15 per day262.6 km / 163.2 miles away
Car Rental at Treviso Airport from $6.67 per day269.5 km / 167.5 miles away
Car Rental at Venice Mestre Train Station from $11.02 per day273.0 km / 169.6 miles away
Car Rental at Florence Airport from $7.56 per day281.5 km / 174.9 miles away
Car Rental at Venice Airport from $1.94 per day282.4 km / 175.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Milan Airport Malpensa?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Milan Airport Malpensa?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Milan Airport Malpensa?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Drivalia, RentalPlus, Felirent, Sicily By Car, RentSmart24|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$2 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Drivalia||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500L||5||2||Medium cars|
|Sicily By Car||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Felirent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|ACARENT||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Lancia Ypsilon||4||2||Small cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat Panda||5||1||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.