Car Rental at Bergamo Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Notable for its long history and stunning mountaintop location, Bergamo is so much more than just the location of an airport near Milan. Divided into the Upper and Lower towns, the city is notable for its architecture, high-quality museums, and, naturally, cuisine. These are a few of the most notable attractions in and near Bergamo:
- Churches. Bergamo is home to a lot of well-preserved, historically important architecture which is perhaps best exemplified by its houses of worship. Built in the 12th century on the location of an even older church, the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore is notable for its mixture of styles — its facade is characteristically Romanesque while its interior is Baroque. Arguably the most important church of Bergamo, however, is the Bergamo Cathedral of Saint Alexander. Named after the patron saint of the city, it is known for its impressive dome and frescoes.
- Accademia Carrara. Most of Bergamo’s attractions can be found in the historic Upper City, but the Lower City also has a few aces up its sleeve, not least of which is the Accademia Carrara Art Museum. Located in a beautiful 18th-century building, it features works by world-famous Italian masters like Raphael, as well as foreign painters such as the English idyllist John William North.
- Endine and Iseo Lakes. Lombardy is home to many famous lakes like Garda and Como that are known for their natural beauty and posh visitors. Just as scenic, but perhaps less touristy, are the lakes of Endine and Iseo to the east of Bergamo. Surrounded by fishing villages and old castles, they provide plenty of peace and quiet, are surrounded by many hiking trails and are also known for activities like sailing.
- Food and Wine. Lombardy is renowned for its food and wine, and Bergamo is no exception. Local specialties include casoncelli, a type of ravioli filled with meat and cheese, and polenta e osei, a dessert made from marzipan and chocolate. Wash it all down with a glass of Valcalepio, the region’s most famous wine. You can find plenty of great restaurants and wine bars throughout the city, particularly in the Upper Town.
- Hiking and Nature. Beyond the lakes to the east of Bergamo, there are plenty of hiking trails and natural wonders to explore. Head to the Parco dei Colli di Bergamo for stunning views of the city and surrounding countryside, or venture further afield to the Orobie Alps for more challenging hikes and breathtaking scenery.
- Shopping. If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, Bergamo won’t disappoint. The city is known for its high-end fashion boutiques and artisanal shops selling everything from handmade chocolates to leather goods. Via XX Settembre and Via Sant'Alessandro are two of the best streets for shopping, while the weekly Saturday market in Piazza Pontida is a great place to pick up local souvenirs and crafts.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Milan (45 km / 28 miles)
- Venice (226 km / 140 miles)
- Verona (116 km / 72 miles)
- Genoa (199 km / 124 miles)
- Bologna (241 km / 150 miles)
- Turin (182 km / 113 miles)
- Rome (612 km / 380 miles)
- Rimini (354 km / 220 miles)
- Trento (181 km / 112 miles)
- Riva del Garda (129 km / 80 miles)
Bergamo Airport (BGY)
- IATA: BGY
- ICAO: LIME
- Name: Bergamo Airport (BGY)
- Distance from city: 3.1 miles / 5 km
Top 20 Locations near Bergamo Airport
Car Rental at Milan Linate Airport from $5.19 per day41.9 km / 26.0 miles away
Car Rental in Milan Viale Umbria from $16.53 per day45.2 km / 28.1 miles away
Car Rental in Milan (Downtown) from $12.73 per day45.3 km / 28.1 miles away
Car Rental in Milan Duomo from $31.09 per day46.6 km / 29.0 miles away
Car Rental at Milan Airport Malpensa from $2.22 per day76.0 km / 47.2 miles away
Car Rental at Verona Airport from $5.21 per day97.3 km / 60.5 miles away
Car Rental in Parma North from $15.06 per day105.8 km / 65.7 miles away
Car Rental at Bolzano Airport from $11.43 per day152.7 km / 94.9 miles away
Car Rental at Genova Airport from $8.50 per day155.8 km / 96.8 miles away
Car Rental at Bolzano Train Station from $26.69 per day157.0 km / 97.6 miles away
Car Rental at Turin Airport from $5.85 per day168.7 km / 104.8 miles away
Car Rental at Bologna Airport from $3.29 per day177.4 km / 110.2 miles away
Car Rental in Bologna (Downtown) from $24.34 per day182.7 km / 113.5 miles away
Car Rental at Bologna Train Station from $7.15 per day182.9 km / 113.6 miles away
Car Rental at Treviso Airport from $6.67 per day193.5 km / 120.2 miles away
Car Rental at Venice Mestre Train Station from $11.02 per day197.5 km / 122.7 miles away
Car Rental at Venice Airport from $1.94 per day206.9 km / 128.6 miles away
Car Rental at Pisa Airport from $1.97 per day227.9 km / 141.6 miles away
Car Rental at Florence Airport from $7.56 per day238.8 km / 148.4 miles away
Car Rental at Livorno Port from $11.15 per day240.8 km / 149.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Bergamo Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Bergamo Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Bergamo Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||RentalPlus, Viaggiare, Drivalia, Felirent, RentSmart24|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$3 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Target Rent|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|RentalPlus||Fiat Panda||5||1||Medium cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|RentSmart24||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500L||5||2||Medium cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.