Car Rental at Crete Airport Heraklion
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Step off the plane and get your rental car right at Heraklion Airport! The city of Heraklion, named after the mythological Greek hero Heracles, is full of history. You can drive your rental to sites like the Venetian Walls and Lions Square, visit stunning churches and basilicas, or learn about the island’s history at one of its museums. Heraklion’s most famous attraction, Knossos Palace, was the center of the ancient Minoan civilization, and it’s also said to have been home to the legendary labyrinth of Minotaur.
All the history might get a bit overwhelming, but don’t worry, there are plenty of other fun things to do! Drive your rental car to one of the beautiful nearby beaches, take a sailing lesson, or try rock climbing on the cliffs of Karteros. On your way back to Heraklion, be sure to stop your rental car at a local Crete kafeneion or coffee shop, and also try some local fruits, cheeses, and olives.
There’s so much to do in Heraklion, but the island of Crete offers a whole lot more. Mountains, gorges, caves, pristine beaches, and ancient monasteries are waiting to be explored. You can even pick up your rental car at Heraklion Airport and drop it off in a different city, like Chania. Start planning your adventure now!
Heraklion Airport is also known as “Nikos Kazantsakis”.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Agios Nikolaos (62 km / 38 mi). Located on the northeastern coast of the island, Agios Nikolaos is one of the most popular tourist destinations on Crete. Thousands of travelers come here every year to enjoy its nice beaches, quaint surrounding villages, and nearby islands that can be accessed by boat.
- Chania (142 km / 88 mi). The other large city of Crete, Chania has plenty of sites to visit and things to do. Some of the highlights are the well-preserved Etz Hayyim Synagogue, the Archaeological Museum, the old Venetian port, and some of the best restaurants on Crete.
- Hersonissos (25 km / 15 mi). A small city located roughly halfway between Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos, Hersonissos is a classical coastal party town - come summer, its long and built-up coastal strip will be full of beach bars, restaurants, and impromptu celebrations.
- Ierapetra (96 km / 59 mi). Another beach city, but with a much more relaxed vibe, Ierapetra and the surrounding southeastern coast is a great day-trip destination from Heraklion. The town is often claimed to be the warmest place in Europe and is nearly equidistant from mainland Greece, Turkey in Asia, and Libya in Africa. In addition to beautiful beaches, the town is also home to a nearby donkey sanctuary.
Crete Airport Heraklion (HER)
- IATA: HER
- ICAO: LGIR
- Name: Crete Airport Heraklion (HER)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 50,754
- Passengers (per year): 7,480,408
- Distance from City: 3.1 miles / 5 km E of town
- Phone: 302810397800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Heraklion Airport
Car Rental at Heraklion Port from $8.17 per day1.1 km / 0.7 miles away
Car Rental Kokkini Hani Arina Beach Resort from $6.43 per day7.8 km / 4.8 miles away
Car Rental Hersonissos Lyttos Beach hotel from $6.76 per day17.5 km / 10.9 miles away
Car Rental in Hersonissos with Hotel Delivery from $12.99 per day19.8 km / 12.3 miles away
Car Rental Malia Ikaros Beach Resort & Spa from $6.76 per day26.9 km / 16.7 miles away
Car Rental at Agios Nikolaos Port from $19.49 per day52.9 km / 32.9 miles away
Car Rental at Sitia Public Airport from $23.14 per day86.8 km / 53.9 miles away
Car Rental at Crete Airport Chania from $8.26 per day93.7 km / 58.2 miles away
Car Rental in Chania with Hotel Delivery from $8.26 per day104.9 km / 65.2 miles away
Car Rental at Chania Old Port from $8.26 per day105.1 km / 65.3 miles away
Car Rental at Santorini Port from $17.58 per day119.5 km / 74.3 miles away
Car Rental at Santorini Airport from $12.15 per day121.2 km / 75.3 miles away
Car Rental at Milos Airport from $19.86 per day162.6 km / 101.1 miles away
Car Rental at Karpathos Airport from $18.65 per day180.5 km / 112.2 miles away
Car Rental at Paros Airport from $12.90 per day185.7 km / 115.4 miles away
Car Rental at Paros Port from $23.14 per day194.1 km / 120.6 miles away
Car Rental at Naxos Airport from $21.03 per day194.4 km / 120.8 miles away
Car Rental at Naxos Port from $21.03 per day197.3 km / 122.6 miles away
Car Rental at Kythira Airport from $18.65 per day219.1 km / 136.2 miles away
Car Rental at Syros Airport from $14.61 per day232.3 km / 144.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Crete Airport Heraklion?
What’s the most popular rental length at Crete Airport Heraklion?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Crete Airport Heraklion?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Carwiz||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||5||2||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Toyota Aygo||3||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|RightCars||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Peugeot 308||5||3||Large cars|
|GreenMotion||Skoda Citigo||4||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|