Car Rental at Crete Airport Chania
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Chania is the second-largest city on the island of Crete and also one of Greece’s most popular tourist destinations. Not only is Chania famous for its rich historical heritage, culture, and charming old town atmosphere, but also for its beautiful beaches and unforgettable nightlife.
There are plenty of things to do in Chania, such as:
- The Old Venetian Port of Chania. This beautiful harbor was built over 700 years ago for trading as well as protection against pirate raids. Today, it’s one of the most iconic landmarks of Chania and one of the most photographed places on the island. Explore from the Lighthouse of Chania all the way around to the Firka Venetian Fortress.
- Etz Hayyim Synagogue. Although now very few of them are left, Chania along with the rest of Crete had a sizable Jewish population for more than 2,000 years. This ancient heritage is best exemplified by the beautiful Etz Hayyim Synagogue which has nowadays become a notable center of interfaith dialogue — and is also one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chania.
- Museums. It’s hard to imagine the weather in Chania forcing you to stay indoors, but even if the weather is splendid, you might do worse than spend an afternoon exploring Chania’s many interesting museums. The most notable of them, the Archaeological Museum, used to be located in a historic Venetian Monastery but moved in 2021, while other interesting places to visit include the Folklore Museum and Nautical Museum of Crete.
- Beaches. You don’t have to go far to find a beautiful beach in Crete. The best beaches in Chania are Nea Chora Beach, Koum Kapi Beach, and Golden Beach (also known as Paralia Hrisi Akti).
- The Old Chania Market. This historic market was built in 1913 and is a great place to visit to buy local products, specialties, and souvenirs.
If you want to explore beyond Chania, here are some fun day trips:
- Elafonissi Beach. This beach is famous for being Crete’s signature pink sand beach. It’s a popular tourist attraction but also a must-visit if you’re visiting the island for the first time.
- Balos Beach and Gramvousa Island. One of the most photographed beaches on the island, Balos Beach is known for its unique landscape with a lagoon on one side and the sea on the other. Gramvousa is an uninhabited island not far from Balos. It’s known for its pristine, untouched beaches.
- Samaria Gorge. Crete has many natural attractions, but Samaria National Park is easily the most impressive of them. Surrounding a gorge of the same name, the area is known for absolutely stunning views but also unique flora and fauna like the Cretan mountain goat (kri-kri). This is the most beautiful hiking trail on Crete and also one of the most famous ones in Europe. The trip from Chania only takes about 40-60 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $24 per day
- Station wagons - from $18 per day
- Large cars - from $8 per day
- Medium cars - from $6 per day
- Vans - from $37 per day
- Premium cars - from $108 per day
- Small cars - from $5 per day
- SUVs - from $8 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
- IATA: CHQ
- ICAO: LGSA
- Name: Crete Airport Chania (CHQ)
- Distance from city: 9.3 miles / 15 km
Top 9 Locations near Chania Airport
Car Rental at Chania Souda Port from $40.17 per day8.4 km / 5.2 miles away
12.0 km / 7.5 miles away
12.1 km / 7.5 miles away
Car Rental in Chania (Downtown) from $7.58 per day18.7 km / 11.6 miles away
Car Rental at Heraklion Port from $7.30 per day92.7 km / 57.6 miles away
Car Rental in Heraklion (Downtown) from $8.45 per day94.1 km / 58.5 miles away
Car Rental at Crete Airport Heraklion from $3.48 per day95.8 km / 59.5 miles away
113.5 km / 70.5 miles away
Car Rental at Sitia Public Airport from $13.41 per day180.4 km / 112.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Crete Airport Chania?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Crete Airport Chania?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Crete Airport Chania?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Royal Rentals, Autocandia, ABBYCAR, Carwiz, Yours Car Rental|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$5 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Royal Rentals||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Medium cars|
|ABBYCAR||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|ABBYCAR||Peugeot 308||4||3||Medium cars|
|Autocandia||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Autocandia||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Yours Car Rental||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Yours Car Rental||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|ABBYCAR||Toyota Aygo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.