Car Rental at Auckland Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest city in the country, Auckland is also one of New Zealand’s main tourist attractions. Whether you come for its famous landmarks, vibrant cultural life, or surrounding nature, you’re likely to find something that excites you. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Auckland:
- Stardome. An observatory and a planetarium, Stardome is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Run by the Auckland Astronomical Society, it offers different exhibitions and interactive experiences, as well as, of course, the possibility of exploring the majestic space that surrounds the Earth. New Zealand is generally considered one of the best places on the planet for stargazing, and its extreme location in the Southern Hemisphere offers great views of cosmic objects that cannot be seen from many other places in the world. Visit Stardome’s official website to find out more. New Zealand is also known as a great place for viewing the Aurora Australis or the southern lights (the southern island is especially good for it, with places like the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve offering tours).
- Auckland Domain. A large park, Auckland Domain is one of the most beautiful urban green spaces in New Zealand and provides great opportunities for enjoying nature without leaving the city. The pride of the domain is the Wintergardens, two large, charming glasshouses named the Temperate House and the Tropical House. They are home to different, unique plants from the country and around the world. Last but not least, the Domain offers scenic views of the harbor below.
- Auckland Art Gallery. The most famous gallery in New Zealand is a treat for all art lovers. Also known as Toi o Tāmaki in Maori, the gallery was first built in the late 19th century. Significantly rebuilt during the last two decades, in 2013 it received the architectural title of World Building of the Year. The gallery hosts a wealth of artworks by artists from New Zealand and the rest of the Oceania region, as well as an impressive collection from world-famous masters like Gauguin, Picasso, Cezanne, and Dali.
Top international routes
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Alamo (serviced by Enterprise) is located at the Park&Ride car park. Its rental desk can be reached by taking the Park&Ride bus from either terminal.
All other rental car companies are located off-airport and provide shuttles for their customers to their pick up and drop off points.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
When dropping off your rental from discount and low-cost rental companies located off-airport, the Z station would require a circle if coming from the north. A better option would be to exit the South Western Motorway (Highway 20) before the airport at Coronation Road (Highway 14) where there is a BP station. From the station, it is just a 5-10 minute drive to all of the rental car locations.
Popular one-way rentals
- Christchurch (1,065 km / 662 mi)
- Queenstown (1,541 km / 957 mi)
- Wellington (632 km / 392 mi)
- Napier (401 km / 249 mi)
- Rotorua (216 km / 134 mi)
- Dunedin (1,419 km / 881 mi)
Auckland Airport (AKL)
- IATA: AKL
- ICAO: NZAA
- Name: Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 164,665
- Passengers (per year): 19,387,000
- Distance from City: 11.2 miles / 18 km S of town
- Phone: +64 9 256 8899
- Email: email@example.com
Top 15 Locations near Auckland Airport
Car Rental in Auckland Ponsonby from $14.76 per day
Car Rental at Whangarei Airport from $39.15 per day125.3 km / 77.9 miles away
Car Rental at Tauranga Airport from $49.54 per day157.6 km / 97.9 miles away
Car Rental at Rotorua Airport from $49.54 per day197.0 km / 122.4 miles away
Car Rental at New Plymouth Airport from $45.94 per day245.0 km / 152.2 miles away
Car Rental at Napier Airport from $47.88 per day345.0 km / 214.4 miles away
Car Rental at Palmerston North Airport from $45.94 per day393.2 km / 244.3 miles away
Car Rental at Wellington Inter Island Ferry Terminal from $34.65 per day490.6 km / 304.9 miles away
Car Rental at Wellington Airport from $10.97 per day497.7 km / 309.2 miles away
Car Rental at Nelson Airport from $21.53 per day511.7 km / 317.9 miles away
Car Rental at Blenheim Airport from $35.62 per day523.8 km / 325.5 miles away
Car Rental at Christchurch Airport from $10.73 per day761.1 km / 472.9 miles away
Car Rental at Queenstown Airport from $14.75 per day1038.3 km / 645.1 miles away
Car Rental at Dunedin Airport from $31.83 per day1077.3 km / 669.4 miles away
Car Rental at Invercargill Airport from $37.72 per day1188.9 km / 738.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Auckland Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Auckland Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Auckland Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Snap Rentals||Toyota Vitz||5||2||Small cars|
|Ezu Car Rental||Suzuki Swift||4||1||Small cars|
|Bargain Rental Cars||Mazda Demio||4||2||Medium cars|
|Snap Rentals||Toyota Aqua||5||1||Medium cars|
|yesaway||Toyota Vitz||5||2||Small cars|
|Ezu Car Rental||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Snap Rentals||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|Ezu Car Rental||Mazda Demio||4||1||Small cars|
|Yes Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.