Car Rental in Bergamo
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Bergamo?
Bergamo is a great place for renting a car. Historic and cozy, it is also close to the Alps, many other famous Italian cities, and the Adriatic Sea which you can all easily reach if you have your own wheels.
One-Way Car Rentals in Bergamo
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Bergamo and drop off in another city include:
- From Bergamo to Milan - 257 offers from 44.66 zł per day
- From Bergamo to Rome - 248 offers from 44.66 zł per day
- From Bergamo to Treviso - 112 offers from 87.30 zł per day
- From Bergamo to Naples - 111 offers from 87.30 zł per day
- From Bergamo to Venice - 123 offers from 87.30 zł per day
Top ways to enter Bergamo
- Bergamo Airport: Located just 6 km (3.6 mi) from the city center, Bergamo Airport is served by more than 30 airlines. It sometimes also called Orio al Serio Airport and Il Caravaggio Airport.
- Milan Linate Airport: Located about 50 km (31 mi) from Bergamo and the one closest to Milan, Linate Airport is a hub for Alitalia and is also served by many other airlines like British Airways, Lufthansa, and KLM.
- Milan Malpensa Airport: Second busiest in Italy, Malpensa Airport is by far the largest one in the Lombardy region. Driving from there to Bergamo takes about 90 minutes.
Useful city facts
- The average temperature in Bergamo is 22.8 °C (73 °F) in July and 2.7 °C (36.9 °F) in January. Due to its rather high elevation, the city quite often experiences snow in winter.
- Bergamo is built on the site of Bergomum, an ancient town built by Cenomani, a Celtic tribe. The city has been part of many different domains like the Roman Empire, the Ostrogothic Kingdom, the Republic of Venice and many others.
Top destinations and activities
- Città Alta. Most of Bergamo’s landmarks are located in the walled Upper City, such as Torre di Gombito Tower House and the fabled Bergamo Cathedral. Piazza Vecchia, the city’s main square, features some beautiful examples of both medieval and renaissance architecture, such as Palazzo della Ragione, Palazzo Nuovo, and the Contarini fountain. The Upper City’s many museums are also very much worth exploring.
- The Venetian Walls. Having kept the upper city safe for centuries, the walls that enclose it are a World Heritage Site and a great place to explore.
- Città Bassa. Lower city main attraction is perhaps Accademia Carrara, one of Italy’s largest collections of medieval, Renaissance and Baroque art.
Traffic and parking tips
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route of your choice and the type of a vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Milan. Bergamo’s much larger neighbor is the capital of Lombardy and one of Europe’s most famous cities. Roaming its streets, interacting with locals and eating in small side-street restaurants is just as fun as seeing the incredible architecture, museums and art the city has to offer.
- Lake Garda. Slightly less than an hour and half’s drive east of Bergamo, Lago di Garda is located on the foothills of the Dolomite Mountains and is considered one of the most picturesque lakes in Europe.
- Adamello Brenta Nature Park. About 2 hours drive northeast of Bergamo, this mountainous nature park is home many lakes, forests, a glacier, and wildlife species like bears and ibex.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Italy is the Fiat Panda, although travelers also like the Ford Fiesta and the Fiat 500. The most often picked rental car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Switzerland. Just an hour’s drive north of Bergamo, the Switzerland’s beautiful, Italian-speaking Ticino region offers interesting cities like Lugano and Locarno, stunning landscapes, and the food that’s as delicious as on the other side of the border. From here, you can continue to explore the rest of Switzerland. Note that if you’re coming from Bergamo to Switzerland, you’ll have to cross a national border, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
- Venice. This famous city, made up of 118 islands and countless canals, can be explored for days and weeks. It is just a bit over 2 hours drive east of Bergamo, and you can stop at other historically important places like Brescia, Verona, and Padua, on the way.
- Tuscany. The most Italian part of Italy, Tuscany is just a three hour drive south of Lombardy and has world-famous cities like Pisa and Florence, the Chianti wine region, the coast of Ligurian Sea, and the most picturesque countryside.
Car Rental Prices in Bergamo
- Station wagons - from $55 per day
- Large cars - from $102 per day
- Medium cars - from $41 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $101 per day
- Premium cars - from $341 per day
- Small cars - from $32 per day
- SUVs - from $43 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Follow these tips to get a good rental car deal in in Bergamo:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Bergamo is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 47% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 19 Cities near Bergamo
Milan Car Rentals from $21.15 per day45.4 km / 28.2 miles away
479.9 km / 298.2 miles away
651.3 km / 404.7 miles away
Bari Car Rentals from $11.98 per day763.7 km / 474.6 miles away
181.3 km / 112.7 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $11.25 per day210.2 km / 130.6 miles away
173.4 km / 107.7 miles away
235.6 km / 146.4 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $11.07 per day100.6 km / 62.5 miles away
Pisa Car Rentals from $13.72 per day229.3 km / 142.5 miles away
Brindisi Car Rentals from $12.58 per day872.9 km / 542.4 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $12.58 per day926.9 km / 575.9 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $15.58 per day196.8 km / 122.3 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $24.05 per day159.3 km / 99.0 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $17.15 per day152.4 km / 94.7 miles away
Pescara Car Rentals from $10.42 per day510.6 km / 317.3 miles away
Modena Car Rentals from $20.84 per day150.3 km / 93.4 miles away
Trieste Car Rentals from $10.48 per day296.1 km / 184.0 miles away
59.1 km / 36.7 miles away
Top 18 Locations near Bergamo
Bergamo Airport Car Rentals from $15.73 per day3.4 km / 2.1 miles away
Bergamo Curno Car Rentals from $21.06 per day4.2 km / 2.6 miles away
Milan Cassina de Pecchi Car Rentals from $28.43 per day29.5 km / 18.4 miles away
Milan Pioltello Car Rentals from $27.63 per day34.1 km / 21.2 miles away
Milan Via Conte Suardi Car Rentals from $21.27 per day35.2 km / 21.9 miles away
Milan Sesto San Giovanni Car Rentals from $27.63 per day38.7 km / 24.1 miles away
Milan Via Carnia Car Rentals from $21.27 per day39.0 km / 24.3 miles away
Milan Airport Linate Car Rentals from $12.58 per day39.7 km / 24.7 miles away
Milan Viale Umbria Car Rentals from $27.14 per day42.8 km / 26.6 miles away
Milan San Donato Milanese Car Rentals from $27.63 per day43.0 km / 26.7 miles away
Milan Corvetto Car Rentals from $19.24 per day43.5 km / 27.0 miles away
Milan Porta Romana Car Rentals from $21.27 per day43.5 km / 27.0 miles away
Milan Duomo Car Rentals from $21.27 per day44.1 km / 27.4 miles away
Milan Via Canonica Car Rentals from $27.63 per day44.2 km / 27.5 miles away
Milan Viale Espinasse Car Rentals from $27.14 per day45.2 km / 28.1 miles away
Milan Vigentino Car Rentals from $21.15 per day45.4 km / 28.2 miles away
Milan Fieramilanocity Car Rentals from $21.27 per day45.4 km / 28.2 miles away
Garbagnate Milanese Car Rentals from $44.93 per day47.0 km / 29.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Bergamo?
What’s the usual rental length in Bergamo?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Bergamo?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Maggiore||Lancia Ypsilon||5||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Nissan Juke||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.