Car Rental at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car at Catania Airport! Then head to the city, park your rental near the center, and walk down Via Etnea, Catania’s main shopping avenue. Feast your eyes on the mixture of Greek and Italian architecture—Castello Ursino is a beautiful example.
Stroll through the baroque Piazza del Duomo square and see the Elephant Fountain, the symbol of Catania. Next to it is the city’s fish market, which many consider to be one of the best fish markets in the world. Restaurants downtown offer great local cuisine, but if you’re looking for a more authentic experience, then drive to one of the nearby villages to explore the dining options.
Catania is a great place to visit, but why not see more? Get a longer term car rental to see more of Sicily, drive to the Italian mainland and visit the beautiful Calabria region, or head all the way to Apulia and Campania. You can even pick up your car at Catania Airport and drop it off in a different city! Start planning your adventure now!
Catania Airport is also known as Catania-Fontanarossa Airport and Aeroporto internazionale Vincenzo Bellini di Catania-Fontanarossa.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $179 per day
- Large cars - from $169 per day
- Medium cars - from $118 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $237 per day
- Small cars - from $103 per day
- SUVs - from $181 per day
Top car rental companies
- Interrent (Tel: +390645229545)
- Enterprise (Tel: +39095346893)
- National (Tel: +39095346893)
- Locauto (Tel: +39095346893)
- Optimo Rent (Tel: +39095340925)
- Target Rent (Tel: +3909351865791 / 01)
- Sicily By Car (Tel: +39095349900 / +393489014626)
- Centauro (Tel: +39958888180)
- Alamo (Tel: +39095346893)
- SIXT (Tel: +39095340389)
- Europcar (Tel: +39095348125)
- Keddy (Tel: +39095348125)
- SKARENT (Tel: +393314376881 / +393518252639)
- Avis (Tel: +39095340500)
- Budget (Tel: +39095340500)
- Alamo (Tel: +39095346893)
- Noleggiare (Tel: +393928173940 / +39095348555)
- Ecovia (Tel: +39095340925)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +390957232063)
- Firefly (Tel: +39095340614 / +393929434225 / +390957232172)
- Interrent (Tel: +390689830777)
- ACARENT (Tel: +393662287633 / +393292059861)
- NUCarrentals (Tel: +393928173940)
- Goldcar (Tel: +390645209634)
- Goldcar (Tel: +34965233425 / +390645209634)
- Ace Rent a car (Tel: +39095341893 / 3172487251)
- Rhodium (Tel: +390645209634)
- Surprice (Tel: +39095349330 / +393485583296)
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Palermo (205 km / 127 mi). The capital of Sicily, Palermo is one of the largest and most interesting cities in Italy. Palermo was ruled by Greeks, Moors, Normans, and other great civilizations at different times in history, and this rich heritage can be found in the city’s art, architecture, and cuisine.
- Comiso (91 km / 56 mi). A scenic town on the southern coast of Sicily, Comiso is a lovely place to visit. Its more famous neighbor, Ragusa, is also worth seeing thanks to its great concentration of historic churches and palaces.
- Naples (601 km / 373 mi). The capital of the Campania region is a long drive from Catania (including a ferry trip from Sicily to the Italian mainland), but the trip north is worth it. Located right next to Mount Vesuvius and with one of the largest old towns in the world, it is a mecca of history, culture, and cuisine.
- Trapani (311 km / 193 mi). Located in the northeastern corner of Sicily, Trapani is home to a beautiful city waterfront and long surrounding beaches. The city has other attractions as well, with the Museum of the History and the Sea the chief one among them.
- Noto (93 km / 58 mi). The small city of Noto is a very popular day-trip destination for both inhabitants and visitors of Catania. Located a few kilometers away from the coast, it is home to absolutely amazing Baroque architecture, with the San Nicolo Cathedral and Ducezio Palace the two brightest jewels in that crown.
- Tropea (220 km / 137 mi). Located in the region of Calabria, Tropea’s beautiful Tyrrhenian Sea beaches have been praised by visitors for millenia and continue to attract the lovers of the sun and the sea to this day. The city is also famous for its red onions, so much so that there’s even a gelato ice cream made out of it - trying it will be a highlight of any trip to Tropea.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport (CTA)
- IATA: CTA
- ICAO: LICC
- Name: Catania-Fontanarossa Airport (CTA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 68,170
- Passengers (per year): 9,120,913
- Distance from City: 2.5 miles / 4 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 14 Locations near Catania Fontanarossa Airport
Car Rental in Catania (Downtown) from $17.13 per day
Car Rental in Taormina (Downtown) from $91.34 per day39.0 km / 24.2 miles away
Car Rental in Avola (Downtown) from $82.01 per day68.5 km / 42.6 miles away
Car Rental at Comiso Airport from $59.95 per day73.0 km / 45.4 miles away
Car Rental in Capo d'Orlando (Downtown) from $14.69 per day77.0 km / 47.8 miles away
Car Rental in Messina (Downtown) from $67.52 per day82.8 km / 51.4 miles away
Car Rental at Pozzallo Port from $22.71 per day92.9 km / 57.7 miles away
Car Rental in Cefalu (Downtown) from $73.09 per day110.3 km / 68.5 miles away
Car Rental in Agrigento (Downtown) from $73.09 per day135.6 km / 84.3 miles away
Car Rental in Palermo (Downtown) from $81.52 per day167.7 km / 104.2 miles away
Car Rental at Palermo Airport from $61.37 per day190.3 km / 118.3 miles away
Car Rental in Trapani (Downtown) from $95.41 per day232.0 km / 144.2 miles away
Car Rental at Trapani Airport from $67.52 per day233.4 km / 145.0 miles away
Car Rental at Pantelleria Airport from $90.23 per day288.0 km / 179.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Brent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 29 Suppliers at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email