Car Rental at Trapani Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Although not as large or historical as Palermo or Catania, Trapani receives a steady stream of visitors every year. In addition to interesting local landmarks, the city also provides access to the beautiful nature of Northwestern Sicily, as well as historical sites dating back for millennia. With that in mind, these are three of the most notable trips from Trapani:
- San Vito lo Capo. A town as well as a few surrounding villages, San Vito lo Capo, is one of the most picturesque regions in all of Sicily. In addition to splendid beaches, the area is also home to traditional olive groves and the Cofano Peak and hiking trail. The drive from Trapani takes only about 45 minutes.
- Lo Zingaro Nature Reserve. Located just east of San Vito, Lo Zingaro is one of the most secluded — but also most scenic — protected areas in Sicily. Characterized by mighty coastal cliffs hanging over little coves, the area is also home to a rich variety of wildlife such as peregrine falcons and other raptors. The area can only be accessed on foot — you can park at the entrance — but a network of stunning hiking paths makes this the best way to experience it. The drive from Trapani takes about 50 minutes.
- Erice. Characteristically for Sicily, Erice has a history dating back for millennia — for centuries before the Roman Empire was born, it was already an important town. The most notable attractions in this mountainous settlement are relatively more recent, though, and can be traced back to medieval times. These include the stunning city walls, the 14th-century cathedral, and the cliffside Pepoli Castle, all of which combine for a splendid atmosphere. The drive from Trapani takes only about 25 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $154 per day
- Large cars - from $82 per day
- Medium cars - from $34 per day
- Small cars - from $12 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Palermo. The capital and largest city of Sicily, Palermo is a place of special energy and atmosphere. Ruled by such different civilizations as Greeks, Normans, and Moors at different periods of time, the city is home to a wealth of stunning historic sites.
- Catania. Located at the foothills of the active volcano that is Mount Etna, Catania has long attracted visitors with its beautiful architecture and long sandy beaches. The craters and summits of Etna can also be visited if you join one of the guided exploration tours.
- Messina. Located in the northeastern corner of Sicily just across the mainland Italy, the city of Messina is a fascinating place to visit. Although its architecture has suffered in a number of earthquakes, plenty of beautiful sites remain, along with the nearby lakes of Ganzirri and Faro.
- Agrigento. Located on the southwestern coast of Sicily in a relatively remote part of the island, the town of Agrigento is a scenic and interesting place to visit. Agrigento’s number one claim to fame is its Greek heritage that survives in a number of ancient temples, but travelers also love the city’s beautiful churches and a number of nearby beaches.
Trapani Airport (TPS)
- IATA: TPS
- ICAO: LICT
- Name: Trapani Airport (TPS)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 11,607
- Passengers (per year): 1,586,992
- Distance from city: 9.3 miles / 15 km S of town
Top 6 Locations near Trapani Airport
Car Rental at Palermo Airport from $2.19 per day54.2 km / 33.7 miles away
Car Rental at Pantelleria Airport from $38.40 per day141.3 km / 87.8 miles away
Car Rental at Comiso Airport from $19.62 per day217.2 km / 135.0 miles away
Car Rental at Catania Fontanarossa Airport from $1.92 per day233.1 km / 144.9 miles away
Car Rental at Catania Port from $19.65 per day234.3 km / 145.6 miles away
Car Rental at Pozzallo Port from $36.66 per day250.9 km / 155.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Trapani Airport?
What’s the most frequent rental length at Trapani Airport?
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Trapani Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Sicily By Car||Opel Karl||4||2||Small cars|
|Automania||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Maggiore||Lancia Ypsilon||5||1||Small cars|
|Automania||Opel Corsa Hatchback||5||2||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Peugeot 208||5||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.