Car Hire at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Catania Airport is the busiest airport not only on Sicily but in southern Italy as a whole. It is a major gateway for tourists from all over, but particularly Brits. The entire island is accessible from Catania, particularly if you hire a car. It is also convenient to get to the southern part of the boot that is Italy from the airport. All sorts of Italian adventures can be had with Catani as their starting point.
Tolls: There are some toll roads on Sicily. An example is the motorway between Catania and Messina (the A18). Fortunately, it is possible to pay for tolls with cash. No electronic transponder is needed on Sicily.
Taking a hire car to the mainland: Most hire companies at Catania Airport allow their cars to be taken between Sicily and mainland Italy. Usually, travellers make this a one-way trip (that is, not returning to Siciliy or not returning to the mainland). There is an additional fee for this, though it is not large percentage-wise if hiring a car for a week or more. You can search for the location where you would like to drop off the car and the extra fee will be included in the total prices.
One-way rental between Sicily and Sardinia may not be available by the specific hire company you choose. And if they are, the fee is significantly higher than travelling to the mainland.
So don't wait! Plan your trip to Sicily, hire a car, and enjoy the sunny beaches! And here are some destinations on the island to put on your list:
- Piazza del Duomo. Catania is famous for its Baroque architecture, and the Piazza del Duomo, or the Cathedral Square, is arguably one of the best places to enjoy it. Some of the buildings located here include the Cathedral of St. Agatha, as well as the Palace of Clerks, Diocesan Museum, and the next-door Municipal Palace.
- Mount Etna. Still active and dominating the view from anywhere in the city, Mount Etna is another symbol of this part of Sicily. There are several ways to visit it — you can get quite far up with a rental car — but to access the summit, you will need to join a guided tour of which there are plenty to be booked in Catania.
- Ancient Catania. Sicily was once a home of Ancient Greeks, Phoenicians, Romans, and numerous other legendary civilizations, and Catania was no exception in this regard. Some of the most notable heritage sites include the Roman Odeon, Achillean Baths, Rotonda Baths, and an amphitheater. Plenty of other legendary sites can be found in Southeast Sicily and beyond.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 6 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 3 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 2 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 1 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 20 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 31 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 1 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 3 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Catania Fontanarossa Airport
- IATA: CTA
- ICAO: LICC
- Name: Catania-Fontanarossa Airport (CTA)
- Distance from the city centre: 2.5 miles / 4 km
Top 4 Destinations around Catania Fontanarossa Airport
Car Hire at Pozzallo Port starting at £ 27.63 per day85.9 km / 53.4 miles away
Car Hire in Palermo Mondello starting at £ 198.84 per day174.1 km / 108.2 miles away
Car Hire at Palermo Airport starting at £ 1.12 per day190.6 km / 118.4 miles away
Car Hire at Trapani Airport starting at £ 4.20 per day232.2 km / 144.3 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Catania-Fontanarossa Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Surprice, Felirent, RentSmart24, Viaggiare, RentalPlus|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||£ 1 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Viaggiare||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat Panda||5||1||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|Felirent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|ACARENT||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|RentSmart24||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|ACARENT||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|GaldieriRent||Citroën C3||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.