Car Rental at Thessaloniki Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The second-largest city in Greece, Thessaloniki is a fascinating historical destination. Inhabited for over 3,000 years, it has seen the rise and fall of many classical civilizations that have left behind rich architecture and numerous artifacts. In addition to that, it is also a proud maritime city and is surrounded by plenty of coastline, mountains, and wilderness. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Thessaloniki:
- Arch of Galerius and Rotunda. Dating back to the 3rd and 4th centuries, the Rotunda was built by the Roman Emperor Galerius. Initially a pagan site, the impressive structure was later turned into a church, then a mosque, then a church again, always remaining one of the symbols of the city.
- Museums. Befitting a city of its size and stature, Thessaloniki is home to many fun, high-quality museums. There are many museums primarily concerned with the city’s past such as the Archaeological Museum, Byzantine Museum, Folklore and Ethnological Museum of Macedonia and Thrace, and Museum of Ancient Greek and Byzantine Musical Instruments. Others are more niche, but just as interesting — these include two museums of contemporary art, the Museum of Photography, Museum of Science, and the Museum of Cinematography. Every visitor can find something for themselves.
- Kerkini Lake National Park. Located near the borders of Bulgaria and North Macedonia, Lake Kerkini is a protected wetland area and an important refuge for flora and fauna. The lake is a great bird watching area as its inhabitants include flamingos, pelicans, hawks, falcons, and hundreds of other species; there is also a herd of water buffalos. Visitors can explore the park in a canoe, on horseback, or by following one of its hiking trails. Lake Kerkini is a 90-minute drive north of Thessaloniki and can thus be visited on a day-trip, but there are also many guesthouses around the national park. Other scenic areas near Thessaloniki include Axios-Loudias National Park, Mount Olympus, and plenty of beaches.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $26 per day
- Large cars - from $30 per day
- Medium cars - from $18 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $56 per day
- Small cars - from $14 per day
- SUVs - from $62 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
Thessaloniki Airport (SKG)
- IATA: SKG
- ICAO: LGTS
- Name: Thessaloniki Airport (SKG)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 54,931
- Passengers (per year): 6,395,523
- Distance from City: 9.9 miles / 16 km S of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +30 231 473700, 2310 473312
- Email: email@example.com
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Thessaloniki Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Thessaloniki Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Thessaloniki Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|RightCars||Nissan Micra||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|ABBYCAR||Ford Fiesta||4||2||Small cars|
|ABBYCAR||Toyota Aygo||2||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.