Car Rental in Australia
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Australia?
Australia is a great place for renting a car. From famous cities to impressive nature, it is best explored with the freedom that you get from having your own wheels.
Top ways to enter Australia
- Sydney Airport: The busiest in Australia, Sydney Airport serves more than 40 million passengers annually.
- Melbourne Airport: Known as Tullamarine by locals, this airport serves flights to and from destinations in the rest of Australia, as well as in Oceania, Asia, and even the U.S. state of Hawaii.
- Brisbane Airport: Arriving in Brisbane is the best way to reach Queensland’s capital and the beautiful beaches that surround it.
- Perth Airport: The main airport of the vast Western Australia state.
Top cities and places to visit
- Sydney: Famous for its old harbour and stunning opera house, Sydney is a dream destination for many travelers around the world.
- Melbourne: Australia’s second city still retains some of its British heritage and attracts visitors with its culture, museum, and architecture.
- Western Australia: Vast and remote, offers unique landscapes, endless coast, and huge national parks.
- South Australia: Famous for both its vineries and an abundance of kangaroos and other wildlife, South Australia is perhaps the most relaxed region of the country.
- Tasmania: Home of old mining towns, wild sea coast, and impressive mountains, Tasmania still retains its untamed charm.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Australia is the Hyundai i20, followed by the Toyota Corolla and the Kia Rio.
Most popular types of rental car
Most popular rental car types in Australia are economy, standard, and compact.
Top driving routes
- Sydney - Melbourne (878 km / 545 mi) The route between Australia’s two largest cities takes you near the Alpine National Park in the state of Victoria and the Blue Mountains National Park in New South Wales.
- Sydney - Brisbane (913 km / 567 mi) The whole length of this route goes parallel to the ocean, providing countless opportunities to stop at coastal towns and villages, and even remote, secluded beaches. If you’re coming from Sydney, the surfing mecca of Gold Coast and its Surfer's Paradise is about 70 km (43 mi) before Brisbane.
- Melbourne - Adelaide (727 km / 452 mi) Going along Australia’s southern coast will let you visit the Little Desert National Park and the Big Desert Wilderness Area that are not too far off the route connecting the two cities.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $70 per day
- Large cars - from $73 per day
- Medium cars - from $60 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $118 per day
- Premium cars - from $77 per day
- Small cars - from $66 per day
- SUVs - from $87 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Australia:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Australia is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 48% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Australia
Car Rental in Cairns from $50.11 per day
Car Rental in Brisbane from $42.17 per day
Car Rental in Hobart from $86.72 per day
Car Rental in Sydney from $95.17 per day
Car Rental in Melbourne from $32.91 per day
Car Rental in Perth from $41.36 per day
Car Rental in Launceston from $48.83 per day
Car Rental in Adelaide from $32.23 per day
Car Rental in Gold Coast from $56.39 per day
Car Rental in Darwin from $34.89 per day
Car Rental in Marcoola from $62.01 per day
Car Rental in Townsville from $50.11 per day
Car Rental in Surfers Paradise from $87.47 per day
Car Rental in Avalon from $52.05 per day
Car Rental in Ballina from $31.72 per day
Car Rental in Broome from $37.49 per day
Car Rental in Newcastle from $72.13 per day
Car Rental in Proserpine from $37.17 per day
Car Rental in Rockhampton from $34.38 per day
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Australia
Car Rental at Cairns Airport from $50.11 per day
Car Rental at Hobart Airport from $85.44 per day
Car Rental at Brisbane Airport from $42.17 per day
Car Rental at Sydney Airport from $49.03 per day
Car Rental at Melbourne Airport from $37.73 per day
Car Rental at Adelaide Airport from $32.23 per day
Car Rental at Perth Airport from $43.61 per day
Car Rental at Gold Coast Airport from $56.39 per day
Car Rental at Brisbane Domestic Airport (BNET02) from $42.17 per day
Car Rental at Launceston Airport from $48.83 per day
Car Rental at Canberra Airport from $38.79 per day
Car Rental at Darwin Airport from $34.89 per day
Car Rental at Launceston Western Junction from $125.39 per day
Car Rental at Sunshine Coast Airport from $62.01 per day
Car Rental at Townsville Airport from $50.11 per day
Car Rental at Avalon Airport from $52.05 per day
Car Rental at Ballina Airport from $31.72 per day
Car Rental at Broome Airport from $37.49 per day
Car Rental at Whitsunday Coast Airport from $37.17 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Australia?
What’s the average rental length in Australia?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Australia?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Nissan X-Trail||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Kona||4||3||SUVs|
|NoBirds||Toyota Corolla||5||1||Medium cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||5||2||Station wagons|
|Thrifty||Mitsubishi ASX||5||2||Station wagons|
|Thrifty||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||5||1||Small cars|