Car Rental at Perth Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Western Australia, Perth is an amazingly remote destination. Located on the coast of the Indian Ocean, it is so far from the more populated parts of Australia that it is, in fact, closer to the capitals of Indonesia and East Timor than it is to Australia’s own capital, Canberra. Despite this extreme isolation, those who visit it will discover a modern metropolis that is home to an interesting history, thriving culture, and unique nature. In addition, Perth is known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle, as well as being the sunniest capital city in the world!
The sites in Western Australia are spread out, and so Perth is the ideal place to start a Western Australia road trip to explore all this beautiful state has to offer. You may wish to do a Perth to Exmouth road trip, a Perth to Broome road trip, or even do the journey from Perth to Esperance to explore all the stunning white sand beaches!
These are some of the best destinations in and around Perth:
- Western Australian Museum. Made up of six different branches, three of which are in or near Perth (the other three are in different parts of the state), this is one of the most impressive museums in all of the country. Whether you visit the immense Boola Bardip museum which has exhibitions on everything from Indigenous Australian culture to the natural history of the region and contemporary Australian society or the more specialized Maritime and Shipwrecks Museums, you’re bound to have a great time. Visit the museum’s official website to find more about admission hours and purchasing tickets online.
- Kings Park. A vast public nature area and a place of learning, Kings Park is one of the most visited places in Perth. Attractions include a large botanic garden, the DNA tower built in the shape of a double helix, the Aboriginal Art Gallery, and a network of bushland hiking paths. Located along the north bank of Swan River, the Kings Park and Botanic Garden can be easily accessed from anywhere in the city. Kings Park is one of the largest inner-city parks in the world and offers stunning views of the city skyline and the Swan River.
- Beaches. Although Perth is very distant from other big Australian cities like Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide, these places all have one thing in common — they are surrounded by absolutely beautiful beaches. Perth’s most famous beaches include Cottesloe Beach and Scarborough Beach. You can easily visit the rest of the beaches on the Sunset Coast with a rental car, as well as all the other beaches up and down the coast.
- Fremantle. Fremantle is a beautiful historic port city located about 30 minutes south of Perth. Visit The Fremantle Prison to learn about its convict history, and check out the Fremantle Market - a great place to explore on the weekends!
- Nambung National Park. Taking up a large portion of the Pinnacles Desert, Nambung is primarily known for its limestone formations, as well as thrombolites, unique natural structures made up of microorganisms that have been cemented together. All of this makes for an otherworldly landscape. Despite the arid conditions, the national park is also home to diverse fauna such as various species of kangaroos, bobtail lizards, and black-faced woodswallows. The drive from Perth takes about two hours along the coast, and while the park can be visited on a day trip, there are also some lodging options in the area.
- Jurien Bay. Jurien Bay is a lovely beachside holiday town located 220 km north of Perth (just 30 minutes drive from Nambung National Park). Jurien Bay is full of gorgeous white sand beaches, turquoise waters and it is the best place in Western Australia to swim with sea lions! These cute animals are so playful and curious, they are so fun to watch!
Top international routes
Note that there is no speed buffer in Australia, so even if you are driving 1 or 2 km over the speed limit you could get fined. There are plenty of speed cameras around. Always stick to the speed limit (usually 100 km/h on freeways, and 50 km/h in built-up residential areas) and obey the signs.
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
A BP station located at the intersection of the Great Eastern Hwy & Resolution Dr is the best station if coming to the airport from the city and returning a car to either Atlas’ off-airport location or to T3/T4.
Finally, if coming from the north, a BP station at 419 Great Eastern Hwy is the best station for both Atlas and T3/T4.
Perth Airport (PER)
- IATA: PER
- ICAO: YPPH
- Name: Perth Airport (PER)
- Distance from city: 7.5 miles / 12 km
Top 20 Locations near Perth Airport
Car Rental in Perth Bassendean from $41.74 per day5.0 km / 3.1 miles away
Car Rental in Perth Welshpool from $72.58 per day5.6 km / 3.5 miles away
8.0 km / 5.0 miles away
Car Rental in Perth (Downtown) from $49.45 per day10.9 km / 6.8 miles away
Car Rental in Perth Osborne Park from $46.78 per day14.6 km / 9.1 miles away
Car Rental in Perth Fremantle from $55.78 per day23.8 km / 14.8 miles away
Car Rental at Geraldton Airport from $63.07 per day369.9 km / 229.8 miles away
Car Rental at Kalgoorlie Boulder Airport from $81.26 per day537.1 km / 333.7 miles away
Car Rental at Paraburdoo Airport from $51.37 per day990.7 km / 615.6 miles away
Car Rental at Exmouth Airport from $54.14 per day1095.0 km / 680.4 miles away
Car Rental at Karratha Airport from $38.17 per day1251.1 km / 777.4 miles away
Car Rental at Port Hedland International Airport from $38.50 per day1312.6 km / 815.6 miles away
Car Rental at Ayers Rock Airport from $87.66 per day1644.4 km / 1021.8 miles away
Car Rental at Broome Airport from $54.74 per day1678.5 km / 1043.0 miles away
Car Rental at Alice Springs Airport from $36.20 per day1977.5 km / 1228.8 miles away
Car Rental at Adelaide Airport from $27.59 per day2115.4 km / 1314.4 miles away
Car Rental in Adelaide North from $31.57 per day2121.0 km / 1317.9 miles away
Car Rental at Mildura Airport from $41.57 per day2439.9 km / 1516.1 miles away
Car Rental at Darwin Airport from $23.45 per day2652.3 km / 1648.1 miles away
Car Rental at Avalon Airport from $54.87 per day2672.0 km / 1660.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Perth Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Perth Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Perth Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||City Centre Car Rentals, SIXT, NoBirds, Alamo, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$46 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|City Centre Car Rentals||MG 3||5||2||Small cars|
|NoBirds||Toyota Corolla||5||1||Medium cars|
|City Centre Car Rentals||MG ZS||5||2||SUVs|
|City Centre Car Rentals||Hyundai Tucson||5||3||SUVs|
|City Centre Car Rentals||Nissan X-Trail (5+2)||5||1||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.