Car Rental at Hobart Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital and most populous city of Tasmania, Hobart is a great place to visit. Not only an exciting destination in its own right, it can also serve as a gateway to the beaches, villages, and nature areas of the southern part of the island. Here are five of the most interesting things to see and do around Hobart:
- Antarctic attractions. Australia is usually associated with extreme heat rather than cold, but the southern part of the country, including Tasmania, is actually one of the main access points for Antarctica, and there are many attractions in Hobart that are dedicated to Antarctic research. These include the visitor’s center of the Australian Antarctic Division, the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum dedicated to the expedition of the seventh continent by one of Australia’s most famous explorers, the exhibitions of ‘Islands to Ice’ at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, and the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens which houses many unique subantarctic plants. Tasmania is also one of the best places in the world to view the Aurora Australis, or the southern lights, with many companies in Hobart offering watching tours, especially during the southern hemisphere’s winter which lasts from June to August.
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Celebrating its 40th birthday in 2021, the Bonorong is dedicated to the protection of Tasmania’s unique and threatened species, as well injured individual animals. Visitors of the sanctuary can learn about the conversation efforts, as well as observe inhabitants like Forester kangaroos, wombats, koalas, and cockatoos. Located north of the city, the center can be reached in about 30 minutes.
- Forestier and Tasman Peninsulas. Two wild, fascinating areas just southeast of Hobart that can be easily reached by car, the peninsulas are great either for a day-trip or a longer, slower expedition. Sparsely populated and with a truly stunning coastline, they are home to attractions like the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Unzoo, a number of national parks, and former penal sites that have been turned into heritage destinations.
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania. Covering such varied topics as shipbuilding, whaling, and the lighthouses of Tasmania, this is one of the most interesting museums in Hobart. The museum also deals with the arrival of the Europeans (which, naturally, took place over water) and even has a fascinating exhibition on Indigenous Tasmanian sailing. Visit the museum’s official website to learn more.
- Freycinet National Park. Located on the island’s eastern coast, Freycinet takes up most of the peninsula of the same name. Best known for the beautiful beaches around Wineglass Bay, this is also a nature preserve and home to such unique inhabitants as echidnas, flame robins, and blotched blue-tongued lizards. A car trip from Hobart takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $101 per day
- Medium cars - from $73 per day
- Small cars - from $52 per day
- SUVs - from $88 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Launceston (192 km / 119 mi)
- Devenport (272 km / 169 mi)
- Melbourne (711 km / 442 mi)
Hobart Airport (HBA)
- IATA: HBA
- ICAO: YMHB
- Name: Hobart Airport (HBA)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 2,440,792
- Distance from City: 10.6 miles / 17 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +61 3 6216 1600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Hobart Airport
Car Rental at Launceston Airport from $34.46 per day148.8 km / 92.5 miles away
Car Rental at Devonport Airport from $45.64 per day204.2 km / 126.9 miles away
Car Rental at Devonport Ferry Terminal from $53.34 per day205.2 km / 127.5 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Dandenong from $36.80 per day572.9 km / 356.0 miles away
Car Rental at Avalon Airport from $96.95 per day590.0 km / 366.6 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne Airport from $32.68 per day616.1 km / 382.8 miles away
Car Rental at Merimbula Airport from $35.47 per day699.4 km / 434.6 miles away
Car Rental at Portland Airport from $36.86 per day708.0 km / 439.9 miles away
Car Rental at Albury Airport from $37.72 per day758.3 km / 471.2 miles away
Car Rental at Canberra Airport from $63.98 per day857.5 km / 532.8 miles away
Car Rental at Wagga Wagga Airport from $34.75 per day858.7 km / 533.6 miles away
Car Rental at Griffith Airport from $40.19 per day965.8 km / 600.1 miles away
Car Rental in Wollongong Unanderra from $50.34 per day985.3 km / 612.2 miles away
Car Rental in Sydney Campbelltown from $50.34 per day1026.5 km / 637.8 miles away
Car Rental in Sydney Carlton from $50.34 per day1043.1 km / 648.1 miles away
Car Rental at Sydney Airport from $49.80 per day1049.0 km / 651.8 miles away
Car Rental in Sydney Smithfield from $50.34 per day1051.9 km / 653.6 miles away
Car Rental in Sydney Penrith from $50.34 per day1056.4 km / 656.4 miles away
Car Rental in Sydney East from $41.55 per day1057.5 km / 657.1 miles away
Car Rental at Mildura Airport from $50.19 per day1063.9 km / 661.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Hobart Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Hobart Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Hobart Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Kona||4||3||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Nissan X-Trail||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|YesDrive Car Rentals||Mitsubishi Outlander||5||4||SUVs|
|YesDrive Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||5||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Holden Acadia||5||3||SUVs|
|YesDrive Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Medium cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Hyundai Kona||5||2||SUVs|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Mitsubishi Outlander||5||2||SUVs|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.