Car Rental in Marcoola
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Marcoola?
Both a city and a region, the Sunshine Coast is one of the most popular travel destinations in Australia. Located just north of Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast is famous for its splendid beaches, many tourist attractions, as well as some indigenous heritage. With a rental car, you’ll also have access to the region’s national parks and the Scenic Rim, one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
One-Way Car Rentals in Marcoola
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Marcoola and drop off in another city include:
- From Marcoola to Brisbane - 36 offers from $40.65 per day
Top ways to enter Marcoola
- Sunshine Coast Airport: Also known as Maroochydore Airport, it is the main airport of the Sunshine Coast region. Especially active during the summer months, it has flights to and from most large cities in Australia like Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide.
- Brisbane Airport: The main air hub of Queensland, Brisbane Airport handles more than 20 million travelers every year. In addition to many domestic flights, there are also connections with countries like New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan, the United States, and Qatar. Brisbane Airport is about 100 km (62 miles) south of central Sunshine Coast, a trip that takes about one hour.
- Gold Coast Airport: Serving the region just south of Brisbane, Gold Coast Airport handles about six million travelers annually. The airport offers both domestic connections and flights to places like Malaysia, Singapore, and South Korea. The trip from Gold Coast Airport to the Sunshine Coast takes about two hours.
Top destinations and activities
- Noosa. One of the main hubs of the Sunshine Coast, little Noosa is home to some of the finest beaches in Queensland. In addition to swimming and soaking up the sun, Noosa also has great opportunities for water sports like surfing and kiteboarding. The city also offers access to the tropical Tewantin State Forest Reserve and the coastal Noosa National Park.
- Glasshouse Mountains. A highland range and a national park, Glasshouse Mountains are located in the so-called Sunshine Coast hinterland, a fascinating area that gets significantly fewer tourists than coastal spots. Although not especially high, these mountains (or rather large, volcanic hills) are home to misty woodlands, hiking trails, and unique species of flora and fauna, all of which make it a fascinating destination for a long day outdoors.
- Australia Zoo. Run by the family members of the famous TV personality and environmentalist Steve Irwin, the zoo celebrated its 50th birthday in 2020. Made up of different sections, the zoo is home to many of Australia’s most famous marsupials, reptiles, and birds, and unique animal species from around the world. The Australia Zoo also runs wildlife rescue and conservation programs. The zoo is located in the small Sunshine Coast town of Beerwah.
Traffic and parking
- One of the largest road hazards in Australia is the wildlife, especially outside the big cities. Take extra caution when driving in bad weather or after dark as this is when most of the collisions with wildlife take place.
- Mobile coverage is very rarely available outside of major highways and population centers, so take extra caution when traveling in rural areas.
- Another great risk when traveling outside of main highways is the heat. The temperatures can reach extremes very easily, especially during the summer months and in inland areas. Always stay properly hydrated and plan your route in advance to be able to supplement your water supplies.
- Laws concerning driving under the influence differ from territory to territory in Australia. In Queensland, the legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers and drivers with provisional licenses. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a driver license ban.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The primary, nationwide emergency number in Australia is 000.
There are a number of toll roads in Australia, mainly in the states of New South Wales, Victoria, and Queensland. In New South Wales, there are nine currently active toll roads, which is more than in the rest of the country combined.
Most toll roads in Australia use an open toll system with mainline barrier toll points. All toll roads in Australia use a cashless payment system. You can purchase a prepaid pass for most toll roads. Some rental cars in Australia are equipped with electronic transponders, the price of which may or may not be included in the rental price. Ask your car rental provider about it in advance.
Different toll roads are operated by different companies, so there is no nation-wide fee system in place.
For more information about the toll roads in the state of Queensland, visit the state’s toll road website.
Car Rental Prices in Marcoola
- Large cars - from $27 per day
- Medium cars - from $24 per day
- Vans - from $66 per day
- Premium cars - from $190 per day
- Small cars - from $59 per day
- SUVs - from $24 per day
Top 20 Cities near Marcoola
Noosa Heads Car Rentals from $32.47 per day22.7 km / 14.1 miles away
North Lakes Car Rentals from $116.36 per day71.1 km / 44.2 miles away
Brisbane Car Rentals from $26.53 per day86.9 km / 54.0 miles away
Ipswich Car Rentals from $42.06 per day117.8 km / 73.2 miles away
Hervey Bay Car Rentals from $39.36 per day144.4 km / 89.7 miles away
Toowoomba Car Rentals from $35.79 per day154.2 km / 95.8 miles away
Surfers Paradise Car Rentals from $73.42 per day159.3 km / 99.0 miles away
Gold Coast Car Rentals from $33.41 per day178.3 km / 110.8 miles away
Bundaberg Car Rentals from $42.06 per day204.2 km / 126.9 miles away
Ballina Car Rentals from $51.08 per day252.3 km / 156.8 miles away
Gladstone Car Rentals from $87.64 per day357.3 km / 222.0 miles away
Coffs Harbour Car Rentals from $46.91 per day413.3 km / 256.8 miles away
Rockhampton Car Rentals from $39.77 per day444.9 km / 276.4 miles away
Moree Car Rentals from $35.79 per day452.2 km / 281.0 miles away
Armidale Car Rentals from $33.41 per day459.5 km / 285.5 miles away
Port Macquarie Car Rentals from $39.35 per day537.8 km / 334.2 miles away
Tamworth Car Rentals from $32.36 per day544.0 km / 338.0 miles away
Taree Car Rentals from $67.85 per day590.6 km / 367.0 miles away
Emerald Car Rentals from $56.96 per day598.8 km / 372.1 miles away
Newcastle Car Rentals from $36.17 per day699.1 km / 434.4 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Marcoola
Sunshine Coast Airport Car Rentals from $23.95 per day
Brisbane Brendale Car Rentals from $99.12 per day80.2 km / 49.8 miles away
Brisbane Airport Car Rentals from $34.73 per day86.9 km / 54.0 miles away
Brisbane Ascot Car Rentals from $49.25 per day91.9 km / 57.1 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $26.53 per day95.9 km / 59.6 miles away
Brisbane Tingalpa Car Rentals from $39.35 per day99.1 km / 61.6 miles away
Brisbane Rocklea Car Rentals from $42.06 per day106.8 km / 66.4 miles away
Brisbane Archerfield Car Rentals from $99.12 per day107.4 km / 66.7 miles away
Hervey Bay Airport Car Rentals from $39.36 per day144.4 km / 89.7 miles away
Hervey Bay Downtown Car Rentals from $45.25 per day150.2 km / 93.3 miles away
Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport Car Rentals from $43.69 per day156.3 km / 97.1 miles away
Gold Coast Airport Car Rentals from $33.41 per day178.3 km / 110.8 miles away
Bundaberg Airport Car Rentals from $46.27 per day204.2 km / 126.9 miles away
Bundaberg Downtown Car Rentals from $42.06 per day207.0 km / 128.6 miles away
Ballina Airport Car Rentals from $51.08 per day252.3 km / 156.8 miles away
Gladstone Airport Car Rentals from $87.64 per day357.3 km / 222.0 miles away
Coffs Harbour Airport Car Rentals from $46.91 per day413.3 km / 256.8 miles away
Rockhampton Airport Car Rentals from $39.77 per day444.9 km / 276.4 miles away
Moree Airport Car Rentals from $35.79 per day452.2 km / 281.0 miles away
Armidale Airport Car Rentals from $33.41 per day459.5 km / 285.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
What is the cheapest month to rent a car in Marcoola?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
What’s the usual rental length in Marcoola?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Marcoola?
Car Rental Information
|Car rental locations||1|
|Popular suppliers||Bargain Car Rentals, Hertz, SIXT, EastCoast Car Rentals, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$24 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Bargain Car Rentals|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Kia Stonic||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Nissan X-Trail||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||MG HS||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Holden Acadia||5||3||SUVs|
|Hertz||Toyota Corolla||5||1||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Hyundai i30||4||2||Large cars|
|SIXT||MG HS Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.