Car Rental at Brisbane Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Queensland and the third largest city in Australia, Brisbane gets a lot of visitors every year. Whether you come for the culture, the beaches, or the surrounding nature, visiting this city means you’re bound to have a good time. These are three of the most interesting destinations in and around Brisbane:
- Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. Named after the British army officer who was the governor of New South Wales and also happened to be an astronomer, Brisbane planetarium is one of the city’s main landmarks. Whether you come to marvel at the night sky and space or learn about cosmic exploration programs, this is one place that can all but guarantee you an awe-inspiring experience.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Australia is home to many venomous snakes and other dangerous creatures, but also to some of the cutest animals on the planet. The world’s first — and largest— koala sanctuary is a great chance to meet the little marsupials, learn about conservation efforts dedicated to them, and also see other emblematic Australian wildlife. The sanctuary is about 15 km (9 miles) south of the city center and can be reached in about 20 minutes by car.
- Surfing. Brisbane has many impressive museums, galleries, and architecture, but once you’ve explored those, one of the main attractions of the region is the possibility to ride the waves of the Pacific Ocean. Many world-famous spots like the Surfers Paradise (about a 90 minute drive to the south) and Sunshine Coast (the same distance to the north) are nearby, and other, small surfing hubs are even closer to the city.
- Museums. Brisbane is home to high quality museums for practically every taste and interest. Some of the most notable institutions include the Museum of Brisbane dedicated to the history and present of the city, the Queensland Maritime Museum, the Science Center, and the futuristic Cube, a digital interactive learning space created by the Queensland University of Technology.
- Roma Street Parkland. Brisbane is home to many public green areas and gardens, but Roma Street Parkland might just be the most notable of them all. Located right next door to the center of Brisbane, it has been called the largest subtropical urban garden and is characterized by a network of pathways, as well as inhabitants such as the Eastern water dragon and Black flying fox.
- Day trip to North Stradbroke Island. A day trip to North Stradbroke Island is the perfect escape from Brisbane. There are pristine beaches, beautiful hiking trails, and incredible viewpoints. Finish off your day with a picnic dinner as you watch an awe-inspiring sunset stretching over Moreton Bay. And getting here only takes two hours from Brisbane Airport.
- Tamborine Mountain. Tamborine Mountain, a stunning volcanic rocky outcrop perched in the Gold Coast hinterland, is an adventure destination only an hour drive away from Brisbane. With lovely lookouts, rainforest walks and charming local attractions such as wineries and galleries, Tamborine Mountain captivates all visitors with its peaceful beauty and serenity. An array of scenic drives wind around its trails and offer opportunities to spot native wildlife, which is perfect for a short getaway.
Top international routes
- Hong Kong
This article focuses mostly on the International Terminal. See the separate page for Brisbane Domestic Airport (BNET02).
It is also worth noting that all toll roads in Australia, including the Airport Link, are cashless. The car rental company you rent from may have en e-Tag on the car already. If so, you’ll be charged a small fee for every day you use a toll road in addition to the cost of the tolls.
The alternative if this is not the case is to purchase a Road Pass from Linkt (as opposed to an e-Tag). This works for 30 days and will backdate to cover any tolls in the previous 3 days when it starts. In this case, you could use the Airport Link and then purchase the Road Pass. If you travel further to New South Wales or Victoria, you will also need to purchase sperate passes for those states.
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
A new Caltex station that opened in July 2019 just off the East-West Arterial Road is now the preferred station both for those returning a car to the International terminal and those returning a car to off-airport locations. It is less than a block away from SIXT/East Coast Car Rental and 2km from Atlas Car and Truck Rental. It is 4km from the International Terminal but does is directly on the way.
Popular one-way rentals
- Sydney (922 km / 573 mi)
- Cairns (1,681 km / 1,044 mi)
- Gold Coast (86 km / 53 mi)
- Melbourne (1,790 km / 1,112 mi)
- Maroochydore (101 km / 63 mi)
- Canberra (1,198 km / 744 mi)
Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- IATA: BNE
- ICAO: YBBN
- Name: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
Top 20 Locations near Brisbane Airport
Car Rental in Brisbane Ascot from $62.14 per day6.8 km / 4.2 miles away
Car Rental at Brisbane Fortitude Valley from $65.06 per day12.0 km / 7.5 miles away
Car Rental in Brisbane (Downtown) from $62.14 per day12.5 km / 7.8 miles away
Car Rental in Brisbane Tingalpa from $46.24 per day13.5 km / 8.4 miles away
Car Rental in Brisbane Brendale from $72.33 per day15.5 km / 9.6 miles away
Car Rental in Brisbane Archerfield from $72.33 per day22.6 km / 14.0 miles away
Car Rental in Brisbane Rocklea from $76.99 per day23.0 km / 14.3 miles away
Car Rental at Sunshine Coast Airport from $35.98 per day86.9 km / 54.0 miles away
Car Rental at Gold Coast Airport from $31.04 per day94.8 km / 58.9 miles away
Car Rental at Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport from $50.61 per day119.7 km / 74.4 miles away
Car Rental at Ballina Airport from $64.29 per day167.0 km / 103.8 miles away
Car Rental at Hervey Bay Airport from $56.04 per day230.9 km / 143.5 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Hervey Bay from $40.41 per day236.1 km / 146.7 miles away
Car Rental at Bundaberg Airport from $49.47 per day287.1 km / 178.4 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Bundaberg from $45.10 per day290.3 km / 180.4 miles away
Car Rental at Coffs Harbour Airport from $69.83 per day326.5 km / 202.9 miles away
Car Rental at Armidale Airport from $56.63 per day378.8 km / 235.4 miles away
Car Rental at Moree Airport from $34.67 per day396.4 km / 246.3 miles away
Car Rental at Gladstone Airport from $85.77 per day434.5 km / 270.0 miles away
Car Rental at Port Macquarie Airport from $34.16 per day451.2 km / 280.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Brisbane Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Brisbane Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Brisbane Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Bargain Car Rentals, SIXT, EastCoast Car Rentals, Jucy, Europcar|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$42 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Abaa Car Rentals|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Jucy||Hyundai Accent||5||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Kia Stonic||4||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||MG HS||4||2||SUVs|
|SIXT||Mitsubishi Outlander Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
|Jucy||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Holden Acadia||5||3||SUVs|
|SIXT||MG HS Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.