Car Rental in Broome
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Broome?
Serving as the gateway to the region of Kimberley, Broome is one of the most interesting — and remote — destinations in Australia. Broome is not only some 2,000 km (1,240 miles) north of the state capital, Perth, but some 3,300 km (2,110 miles) from Sydney — for reference, that’s about the same distance as from Moscow to Madrid or New York City to Mexico City. Despite its extreme isolation, the region has plenty to offer for visitors, not least its otherworldly landscapes, beautiful beaches, and aboriginal art. With a rental car, the opportunities for exploring are limitless.
One-Way Car Rentals in Broome
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Broome and drop off in another city include:
- From Broome to Perth - 9 offers from US$ 130.92 per day
Top ways to enter Broome
Broome Airport: With about 400,000 travelers traveling through it each year, this is the main airport of the region. Most of the flights are to and from Perth, but the airport also offers connections with Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Singapore (albeit, many only on a seasonal basis). Located just 2 km (1.2 miles) north of Broome’s center, the airport can be reached in about five minutes.
Top destinations and activities
- Broome. The main settlement in the region, Broome is not only the hub for exploring the rest of the region — it’s an interesting destination in its own right. In addition to being home to Kimberley’s best options for accommodation, it also boasts a city museum, the Sun Pictures open-air cinema, attractions connected to the city’s pearling industry, and even camel safaris.
- Beaches. Broome is home to a truly spectacular coastline that’s significantly less crowded and more wild than the famous beaches of New South Wales and Queensland. In addition to their scenic beauty and opportunities for water sports, the beaches around Broome are also where the impressive Entrance Point rock formations and distinctly red cliffs of Gantheaume Point can be found.
- Nature. The number one attraction of Kimberley is its spectacular flora and fauna, and there are many places around Broome where you can experience it. Attractions like the Broome Bird Observatory and Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park are within a 30-minute drive from the city while the Tunnel Creek National Park, Windjana Gorge, and King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park take about four to six hours to reach. Do keep in mind that you might need a 4WD vehicle as well as a guide to reach some of the areas outside of the city’s borders and off the main highways, so doing some research before your trip is very important, especially if you don’t want to join a tour.
Traffic and parking tips
- One of the largest road hazards in Australia are the wildlife. especially outside towns and cities. Take extra caution when driving in bad weather or after dark as this is when most of the collisions with wildlife take place.
- Mobile coverage is very rarely available outside of major highways and population centers, so take extra caution when traveling in nature areas.
- Another great risk when traveling outside of main highways is the heat. The temperatures can reach extremes very easily, especially during the summer months and in inland areas. Always stay properly hydrated and set out your route in advance to be able to supplement your water supplies.
- Driving under the influence laws differ from territory to territory in Australia. In Western Australia, the legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers and drivers with provisional licences. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a driver licence ban.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The primary, nationwide emergency number in Australia is 000. The Western Australia state police number is 131 444.
Although there are a number of toll roads in Australia, there are none in the state of Western Australia. You will find toll roads if you travel to the states of Victoria, New South Wales, and Queensland.
Most toll roads in Australia use an “open roll system” with mainline barrier toll points. All toll roads in Australia use cashless payment system. You can purchase a prepaid pass for most toll roads. Some rental cars in Australia are equipped with an electronic toll responder the price of which is usually included in the rental price. Ask your car rental provider about it in advance.
Different toll roads are operated by different companies, so there is no nation-wide fee system in place.
Car Rental Prices in Broome
Top 7 Cities near Broome
Exmouth Car Rentals from $34.69 per day974.8 km / 605.7 miles away
Port Hedland Car Rentals from $34.79 per day465.4 km / 289.2 miles away
Karratha Car Rentals from $34.49 per day650.1 km / 403.9 miles away
Paraburdoo Car Rentals from $37.05 per day745.4 km / 463.2 miles away
Newman Car Rentals from $37.40 per day658.9 km / 409.4 miles away
Kununurra Car Rentals from $48.86 per day730.2 km / 453.7 miles away
849.5 km / 527.8 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Broome
Broome Airport Car Rentals from $38.19 per day
Port Hedland International Airport Car Rentals from $34.79 per day465.4 km / 289.2 miles away
Karratha Airport Car Rentals from $34.49 per day650.1 km / 403.9 miles away
Newman Airport Car Rentals from $37.40 per day658.9 km / 409.4 miles away
Kununurra Airport Car Rentals from $48.86 per day730.2 km / 453.7 miles away
Paraburdoo Airport Car Rentals from $37.05 per day745.4 km / 463.2 miles away
Exmouth Airport Car Rentals from $34.69 per day974.8 km / 605.7 miles away
Darwin Airport Car Rentals from $35.54 per day1112.6 km / 691.3 miles away
Katherine Airport Car Rentals from $35.02 per day1146.9 km / 712.6 miles away
Ayers Rock Airport Car Rentals from $85.88 per day1209.7 km / 751.7 miles away
Tennant Creek Airport Car Rentals from $53.02 per day1272.0 km / 790.4 miles away
Alice Springs Airport Car Rentals from $42.43 per day1375.7 km / 854.8 miles away
Geraldton Airport Car Rentals from $37.28 per day1429.3 km / 888.1 miles away
Kalgoorlie Boulder Airport (KGI)) Car Rentals from $36.70 per day1430.4 km / 888.8 miles away
Perth Bassendean Car Rentals from $42.13 per day1676.4 km / 1041.6 miles away
Perth Airport Car Rentals from $44.43 per day1678.5 km / 1043.0 miles away
Perth Osborne Park Car Rentals from $42.13 per day1681.1 km / 1044.6 miles away
Perth Welshpool Car Rentals from $42.13 per day1684.0 km / 1046.4 miles away
Perth Fremantle Car Rentals from $42.13 per day1698.9 km / 1055.6 miles away
Broken Hill Airport Car Rentals from $31.54 per day2483.3 km / 1543.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Broome?
What’s the usual rental length in Broome?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Broome?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Thrifty||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Mitsubishi Outlander||5||2||Station wagons|
|Thrifty||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||5||2||Station wagons|
|Europcar||Hyundai i30||5||2||Large cars|
|Avis||Toyota Camry||4||2||Large cars|
|Keddy||Hyundai i30||3||4||Large cars|