Car Rental at Adelaide Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of South Australia, Adelaide is quite some distance from Sydney and Melbourne and doesn’t get as many tourists as Australia’s two largest cities. But those who give it a chance will discover a thriving city with an interesting past, culturally active present, and many things to see and do. This being Australia, impressive beaches and nature areas are also not far away. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Adelaide:
- Museums. Adelaide is home to an absolute wealth of interesting museums and while you probably won’t be visiting all of them, chances are that there are at least a few you will find really interesting. Some of the best ones include the Immigration Museum dedicated to the peoples from all over the world who have come to call Adelaide their home, the South Australian Aviation and Maritime Museums, the National Railway Museum, the Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute, the Art Gallery of South Australia, and the National Wine Centre.
- Bicentennial Conservatory. Located in the very south of the country, Adelaide doesn’t get the same lush, tropical jungle that you can experience when visiting Northern Queensland or Australia’s neighbors like Indonesia. But the Bicentennial Conservatory’s glasshouses offer the next best thing, simulating a rainforest environment and giving home to truly impressive jungle flora. The conservatory is located inside the Adelaide Botanic Garden, itself a worthwhile place to visit.
- Adelaide Hills. A lovely outdoor area just a short drive east of the city center, the Adelaide Hills are beloved by locals and tourists alike. Its attractions include a number of conservation parks, forests, wildlife refuges, famous local wineries, and the opportunity to spend a long, relaxing day outdoors.
- Kangaroo Island. One of the largest in Australia — and one of the most fascinating — this haven of wilderness is only a 45-minute boat ride from Adelaide, so it would be a shame not to visit if you’re in the area. It’s home not just to kangaroos — you can also be lucky enough to spot koalas, penguins, or fur seals, and that’s not to mention the stunning landscapes and beaches. Importantly, not every rental car company permits bringing a vehicle on a ferry to the island, so look up the rental conditions in advance. If you find one that does permit it, make sure to have an up-to-date map of the island, and a full tank, as there are not too many service stations around, and some parts of the island are very remote.
Top international routes
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $48 per day
- Large cars - from $35 per day
- Medium cars - from $22 per day
- Vans - from $64 per day
- Premium cars - from $54 per day
- Small cars - from $27 per day
- SUVs - from $28 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Sydney (1,382 km / 859 mi)
- Melbourne (734 km / 456 mi)
- Canberra (1,167 km / 725 mi)
Adelaide Airport (ADL)
- IATA: ADL
- ICAO: YPAD
- Name: Adelaide Airport (ADL)
- Distance from city: 3.7 miles / 6 km
Top 20 Locations near Adelaide Airport
Car Rental in Adelaide North from $23.73 per day7.1 km / 4.4 miles away
Car Rental at Mildura Airport from $46.12 per day335.0 km / 208.2 miles away
Car Rental at Avalon Airport from $61.05 per day632.4 km / 393.0 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne Airport from $29.79 per day641.7 km / 398.7 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Hoppers Crossing from $44.66 per day642.3 km / 399.1 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Tullamarine from $38.16 per day645.6 km / 401.2 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne (Downtown) from $38.24 per day657.6 km / 408.6 miles away
Car Rental in South Melbourne from $43.49 per day658.1 km / 408.9 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Richmond from $50.27 per day661.5 km / 411.0 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne St Kilda from $47.58 per day662.0 km / 411.3 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Brighton from $40.31 per day664.8 km / 413.1 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Moorabbin from $51.01 per day671.9 km / 417.5 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Bayswater from $48.44 per day684.0 km / 425.0 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Dandenong from $44.66 per day686.2 km / 426.4 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Frankston from $44.66 per day686.8 km / 426.8 miles away
Car Rental at Griffith Airport from $51.30 per day694.0 km / 431.2 miles away
Car Rental at Albury Airport from $53.71 per day772.7 km / 480.1 miles away
Car Rental at Wagga Wagga Airport from $45.86 per day813.1 km / 505.2 miles away
Car Rental at Canberra Airport from $51.13 per day970.2 km / 602.9 miles away
Car Rental at Devonport Airport from $43.98 per day977.7 km / 607.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Adelaide Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Adelaide Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Adelaide Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SIXT, EastCoast Car Rentals, Jucy, Europcar, Alamo|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$22 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Bargain Car Rentals|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Jucy||Hyundai Accent||5||2||Medium cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||MG ZS||5||2||SUVs|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Jucy||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Alamo||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Medium cars|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||Suzuki Baleno||5||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Toyota Yaris||5||0||Small cars|
|SIXT||Mitsubishi Outlander Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.