Car Rental Perth
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Perth?
Perth is a great place to see by car. With the freedom of your own wheels you can see this unique and large metropolis, as well as to experience the vast and wild Western Australia which has surprisingly a lot to offer.
Top ways to enter Perth
- Perth Airport: Serving many domestic routes, as well as flights to Asia and Africa, Perth Airport is one of the busiest in Australia.
- Adelaide Airport: At least three full days drive away, Adelaide Airport is nonetheless the closest international airport to Perth. If you ever indeed decide to set out on this Odyssey along Australia’s southern coast, make sure you do this properly prepared.
- By public transportation: If you’re arriving in Perth by public transport, you can also conveniently pick up a rental car in the city’s downtown.
Useful city facts
- Perth enjoys hot and dry summers, which in the Southern hemisphere last from December to March. It is not uncommon for temperature to exceed 30 °C (86 °F), especially in February, the hottest month. Perth is also the sunniest large city of Australia. Winters are cooler, although it is not often for temperatures to drop below 10 °C (50 °F).
- Perth is one of the most remote large cities in the world. The nearest city with 100,000 inhabitants is more than 2,000 km (1,300 mi) away. Perth is actually closer to some large Indonesian cities than to Melbourne or Sydney.
Top destinations and activities
- Fremantle Markets. Perhaps the most famous public market in the whole of Australia, Fremantle offers a lot in delicious local produce brought by farmers from the nearby countryside and in original crafts and souvenirs, but the real attraction of this place is its atmosphere and the people you’ll meet there.
- Heirisson Island. Located in the Swan river, the island is an important place for the local Noongar people who call it “Matagarup” - a place where the river is only leg deep. The beautiful area has many hiking trails and picnic spots, as well as opportunities to spot local wildlife.
- Scitech. Modern and interactive, this science museum has a planetarium, a number of permanent exhibitions, as well as a host of ongoing projects. Offering something for everyone from kids under school age to adults, it is a perfect place to remember that science and technology are truly fascinating.
Traffic and parking tips
- One of the largest road hazards in Australia are the wildlife. Take extra caution when driving in bad weather or after dark as this is when most of the collisions with wildlife take place.
- Mobile coverage is very rarely available outside of major highways and population centers, so take extra caution when traveling in nature areas.
- Another great risk when traveling outside of main highways is the heat. The temperatures can reach extremes very easily, especially during the summer months and in inland areas. Always stay properly hydrated and set out your route in advance to be able to supplement your water supplies.
- Driving under the influence laws differ from territory to territory in Australia. In Western Australia, the legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers and drivers with provisional licences. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a driver licence ban.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The primary, nationwide emergency number in Australia is 000. The Western Australia state police number is 131 444.
Although there are a number of toll roads in Australia, there are none in the state of Western Australia. You will find toll roads if you travel to the states of Victoria, New South Wales, and Queensland.
Most toll roads in Australia use an “open roll system” with mainline barrier toll points. All toll roads in Australia use cashless payment system. You can purchase a prepaid pass for most toll roads. Some rental cars in Australia are equipped with an electronic toll responder the price of which is usually included in the rental price. Ask your car rental provider about it in advance.
Different toll roads are operated by different companies, so there is no nation-wide fee system in place.
For more information about the toll roads in Australia, visit the website of the Royal Automobile Association (RAA) of South Australia.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Rottnest Island. Only a short ferry ride away, Rottnest is a perfect place to spend a tranquil day away from the big city’s hustle and bustle. You can swim or snorkel, try the local seafood in one of the small cozy restaurants, or simply go on a long, relaxing walk. The island’s number one attraction, however, is quokkas. These cute marsupials who wander around the island are extremely friendly and will be glad to let you meet them if you introduce yourself nicely.
- Nambung National Park. This nature area is a few hours drive north of Perth, but the destination will more than reward the long way. Its fantastical landscapes will make you feel like you’re on another planet, its wildlife is unique and varied, and if you’re visiting during the spring (which in the southern hemisphere lasts from August to October), the area’s wildflower fields will be in full bloom.
- New Norcia. About two hours drive north of Perth, New Norcia is Australia’s only monastic town. Next to its unique architecture, it also offers a local museum, a gallery, and a gorgeous scenery right outside the town borders.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Australia is the Hyundai i20, followed by the Toyota Corolla and the Kia Rio. The most popular rental car types are economy, standard, and compact.
- South West. Just three hours south of Perth is the Margaret River. On its banks you’ll find some of the best vineyards in the whole of Australia, so going on a long and slow wine tour is one of the best ways to spend your time in Western Australia. The region’s high class restaurants and long pristine beaches are also not to be missed.
- Shark Bay. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Shark Bay is about nine hours drive north of Perth. The area has a dry, arid climate which is responsible for a host of unique landscapes, but it is best known for its marine wildlife, especially the Monkey Mia dolphins that can often be observed on its shores. The nearby Hamelin Pool Nature Reserve is home to stromatolites, the oldest living organisms in the world.
- Cape Range National Park. Even further north from Perth, Cape Range National Park has plenty of natural attractions, from the bordering Ningaloo Reef that’s very close to the mainland to stunning Yardie Creek gorge, and wildlife like rock wallabies, red kangaroos, and wallaroos.
Car Rental Prices in Perth
- Station wagons - from $31 per day
- Large cars - from $29 per day
- Medium cars - from $23 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $79 per day
- Premium cars - from $65 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
- SUVs - from $31 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
These are the things you can do to get a great rental car deal in Perth:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Perth is the cheapest in April when renting a car is about 39% cheaper than the yearly average and about 59% cheaper than renting a car in November.
Top 20 Locations near Perth
Perth Airport Car Rentals from $22.24 per day
Perth, Downtown Car Rentals from $18.57 per day
Adelaide Airport Car Rentals from $19.55 per day2115.4 km / 1314.5 miles away
Darwin Airport Car Rentals from $18.85 per day2652.3 km / 1648.0 miles away
Melbourne Airport Car Rentals from $14.01 per day2700.8 km / 1678.2 miles away
Devonport Airport Car Rentals from $13.96 per day2890.0 km / 1795.7 miles away
Launceston Airport Car Rentals from $16.14 per day2962.1 km / 1840.6 miles away
Hobart Airport Car Rentals from $19.27 per day3016.0 km / 1874.0 miles away
Canberra Airport Car Rentals from $22.87 per day3084.9 km / 1916.8 miles away
Sydney Airport Car Rentals from $21.33 per day3277.1 km / 2036.3 miles away
Tamworth Airport Car Rentals from $35.16 per day3293.6 km / 2046.6 miles away
Newcastle Airport Car Rentals from $30.64 per day3353.7 km / 2083.9 miles away
Townsville Airport Car Rentals from $31.15 per day3379.3 km / 2099.8 miles away
Cairns Airport Car Rentals from $15.92 per day3431.9 km / 2132.5 miles away
Port Macquarie Airport Car Rentals from $34.84 per day3474.4 km / 2158.9 miles away
Rockhampton Airport Car Rentals from $30.40 per day3512.9 km / 2182.8 miles away
Brisbane Airport Car Rentals from $16.23 per day3607.6 km / 2241.7 miles away
Brisbane Domestic Airport (BNET02) Car Rentals from $24.49 per day3607.8 km / 2241.8 miles away
Gold Coast Airport Car Rentals from $14.81 per day3619.3 km / 2248.9 miles away
Bundaberg Airport Car Rentals from $20.74 per day3622.2 km / 2250.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Perth?
What’s the usual rental length in Perth?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Perth?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rental Agent||Make / Model||Doors||Luggage||Type|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Kia Rio||4||3||Medium cars|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Nissan Micra||4||2||Small cars|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Kia Sportage||4||3||Station wagons|
|Atlas Car & Truck Rental||Holden Malibu||4||3||Large cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||1||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Kia Rio 3d||3||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 4 Suppliers for Perth in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email