Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the Azores, Ponta Delgada is not often mentioned among the archipelago’s most famous attractions — after all, the real charm of the islands lies not in city streets, but among its volcanic landscapes and rugged beaches. That being said, the Azorean capital can still be an interesting place to explore, especially if you know where to look. And if you get a rental car, that magnificent nature is never too far away, either. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Ponta Delgada:
- Whale watching. Located in the Atlantic Ocean nearly halfway between Europe and North America, the Azores is one of the best whale-watching spots on the planet — and many tours take off from Ponta Delgada. Different species of whales have different migration patterns, but generally the warmer time of the year — from May to October roughly — is considered the best period to spot the whales, including the blue whale, the largest mammal on the planet.
- São Sebastião Church. Dating back to the mid-16th century, San Sebastian Church is not only one of the oldest buildings in the Azores, but it’s also one of the most beautiful. A mixture of Gothic and other styles, it continues to fulfill its original function to this day but is also open to visitors. Ponta Delgada is home to some other architectural landmarks as well, including the beautiful city gates and city hall.
- Sete Cidades. Located in a deep caldera, a crater-like volcanic depression, Sete Cidades is made up of a number of lakes, including Lagoa Verde and Lagoa Azul (the Green and Blue Lakes) named after the distinct color of their waters. A truly impressive place to visit, Sete Cidades is just a 35-minute drive northwest of Ponta Delgada and can be easily accessed by car.
Top international routes
- London, United Kingdom
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Boston, USA
- Toronto, Canada
- Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain
- Copenhagen, Denmark
SATA Air Açores operates flights to other islands in the Azores.
The rest of the island of Sao Miguel is within a short driving distance. The furthest point from the airport can be reached in just an hour and a half.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $68 per day
- Station wagons - from $36 per day
- Large cars - from $36 per day
- Medium cars - from $37 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $71 per day
- Premium cars - from $104 per day
- Small cars - from $16 per day
- SUVs - from $44 per day
Car rental desks
Micauto and ANC Azores Holidays are located in the city and provide a shuttle or meet and greet service.
Finally, Goldcar provides a shuttle service of which renters can find the pickup point just outside the main hall.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL)
- IATA: PDL
- ICAO: LPPD
- Name: Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 1,849,000
- Distance from City: 1.2 miles / 2 km WNW of town
- Working hours:
Top 11 Locations near Ponta Delgada Airport
Car Rental in Ponta Delgada with Delivery from $2.96 per day0.4 km / 0.2 miles away
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Port from $2.96 per day0.7 km / 0.4 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Maria Airport from $15.59 per day96.2 km / 59.8 miles away
Car Rental at Angra do Heroismo Airport from $6.59 per day168.3 km / 104.6 miles away
Car Rental at Lajes Terceira Airport from $6.35 per day168.3 km / 104.6 miles away
Car Rental at Sao Jorge Airport from $15.59 per day241.9 km / 150.3 miles away
Car Rental at Velas Harbour from $16.25 per day244.7 km / 152.1 miles away
Car Rental at Pico Airport from $15.59 per day258.6 km / 160.7 miles away
Car Rental at Horta Port from $15.59 per day273.1 km / 169.7 miles away
Car Rental at Horta Airport from $15.59 per day280.0 km / 174.0 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Cruz das Flores Airport from $15.59 per day511.3 km / 317.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Ponta Delgada Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Ponta Delgada Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Ponta Delgada Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Ilha Verde||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Wayzor||VW Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Wayzor||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Renault Captur||5||3||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Wayzor||VW Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Clio||5||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.