Car Rental at Pico Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The second-largest of the Azores, Pico is a tourist’s dream and has everything for a memorable vacation. From plenty of history to natural attractions like Portugal’s tallest mountain, the small island has plenty to keep you entertained. These are three of Pico’s most notable attractions:
- Whaling Museum. As with the other Azores Islands, Pico is a great place for whale watching — the season typically runs from April to October. But if you’re visiting during the colder months of the year or would simply like to learn something new, you could do a lot worse than visit the island’s Whaling Museum. Run by Malcolm Clarke, a retired marine biologist, the museum has wonderful exhibits on the planet’s largest mammals and their role in the ecosystems that they inhabit.
- The landscape of the Pico Vineyard Culture. The Azores are known among the Portuguese for their dairy production, but winemaking has been and remains just as important an industry in the archipelago’s economy. This has been noted by UNESCO who have recognized the island’s vineyards as a world heritage site. There are many tours that take tourists to Pico’s wine gardens, especially on the island’s south coast; another great place to visit is the Wine Museum which has exhibits in both Portuguese and English.
- Mount Pico. Standing 2,350 m (7,710 feet) tall, the sleeping volcano at the heart of the island is the tallest mountain in all of Portugal. Located in the central-west part of the island, the mountain can be climbed by anyone in moderately good shape — you can get quite close with a car and the actual climb takes about two to three hours. The peak is naturally known for the panoramic views from above — these include the neighboring islands of Sao Jorge to the northeast and Faial to the west.
Top international routes
- Ponta Delgada
- Lajes Terceira
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $37 per day
- Medium cars - from $31 per day
- Vans - from $56 per day
- Small cars - from $18 per day
- SUVs - from $51 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Pico Airport (PIX)
- IATA: PIX
- ICAO: LPPI
- Name: Pico Airport (PIX)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 9 Locations near Pico Airport
Car Rental at Horta Port from $21.18 per day16.3 km / 10.1 miles away
Car Rental at Horta Airport from $20.88 per day24.2 km / 15.0 miles away
Car Rental at Sao Jorge Airport from $18.12 per day26.2 km / 16.3 miles away
Car Rental at Lajes Terceira Airport from $7.89 per day119.5 km / 74.3 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Cruz das Flores Airport from $18.12 per day253.1 km / 157.3 miles away
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Airport from $2.77 per day258.3 km / 160.5 miles away
Car Rental in Ponta Delgada (Downtown) from $3.00 per day258.6 km / 160.7 miles away
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Port from $8.07 per day259.1 km / 161.0 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Maria Airport from $17.80 per day337.1 km / 209.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Pico Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Pico Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Pico Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Ilha Verde, Autatlantis, Avis, Europcar, Hertz|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$18 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Ilha Verde|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Ilha Verde||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Autatlantis||Toyota Aygo||5||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Hyundai Kauai||5||2||Large cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Autatlantis||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Ilha Verde||Renault Captur||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.