Car Rental Azores Islands
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Azores Islands?
The Azores Islands is a fascinating place to travel around by car. While the islands are small, each of them is unique in history and nature, holding endless hidden gems to discover. The hospitality of locals and the delicious cuisine help as well.
Top ways to enter Azores Islands
- Ponta Delgada Airport: The principal international airport in the Azores has flights to the Portuguese mainland as well as to many destinations in Europe and North America.
- Pico Madalena Airport: Small but cozy, Pico Airport has flights to other islands in the Azores as well as to the capital city of Portugal, Lisbon.
- Santa Cruz das Flores Airport: The main airport of Flores hosts flights to and from four other islands in the Azores.
Top cities and places to visit
- São Miguel: Home to Ponta Delgada, the capital of the Azores, the largest of the islands has plenty of modernity but also natural wonders like mountain lakes and hot springs.
- Terceira: The town of Angra do Heroismo is full of fascinating history, while Biscoitos is a unique place where you can swim among the lava rocks.
- Faial: The Caldeira do Faial crater in the central part of the island is otherworldly, while the coastal area offers opportunities for water sports, including even diving with sharks.
- Flores: Full of beaches, canyons, and greenery, the small island of Flores is a great place to be in nature.
- Pico: The remains of volcanoes and craters are fascinating to observe, while Mount Pico, the highest mountain in Portugal, is awaiting those yearning for a true adventure.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in the Azores is the Ford Fiesta, followed by the Renault Twingo and the Opel Corsa.
The Azores is an island archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean and belongs to Portugal. It has no land borders.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in the Azores is Economy. Mini and Compact are also picked a lot.
Top driving routes
- Ponta Delgada - Mosteiros (31 km / 19 mi) A short, but picturesque ride along the western coast of the island of Sao Miguel.
- Velas - Topo (48 km / 30 mi) While going between these two towns will take less than an hour, you will cross most of Sao Jorge Island on the way.
- Lajes - São Sebastião (16 km / 10 mi) These two towns are next-door neighbors, and both of them are a great starting point for further exploring Terceira Island.
Car Rental Prices
- Convertibles - from $71 per day
- Station wagons - from $55 per day
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $55 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $75 per day
- Premium cars - from $134 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
- SUVs - from $80 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in the Azores:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Research your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting the Azores is the cheapest in January when renting a car is almost 40% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 9 Most Popular Cities in Azores Islands
Car Rental in Ponta Delgada from $1.31 per day
Car Rental in Praia da Vitoria from $1.31 per day
Car Rental in Madalena from $18.34 per day
Car Rental in Vila do Porto from $18.34 per day
Car Rental in Horta from $18.34 per day
Car Rental in Santa Cruz das Flores from $18.34 per day
Car Rental in Velas from $18.34 per day
Car Rental in Angra do Heroismo from $2.08 per day
Car Rental in Furnas from $9.76 per day
Top 15 Most Popular Locations in Azores Islands
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Airport from $1.31 per day
Car Rental at Praia da Vitoria, Lajes Terceira Airport from $1.31 per day
Car Rental at Madalena, Pico Airport from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Vila do Porto, Santa Maria Airport from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Horta Airport from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Santa Cruz das Flores Airport from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Velas, Sao Jorge Airport from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada, Downtown from $1.45 per day
Car Rental at Madalena, Downtown from $18.34 per day
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Port from $1.45 per day
Car Rental at Angra do Heroismo, Downtown from $2.08 per day
Car Rental at Ponta Delgada Delivery from $1.51 per day
Car Rental at Furnas downtown from $9.76 per day
Car Rental at Velas, Downtown from $18.51 per day
Car Rental at Horta, Downtown from $18.34 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Azores Islands?
What’s the average rental length in Azores Islands?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Azores Islands?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Ilha Verde||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Wayzor||VW Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Wayzor||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Ilha Verde||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Wayzor||VW Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Clio||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 11 Suppliers for Azores Islands in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email