Car Rental at Olbia Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The main city on Sardinia’s northeastern coast, Olbia is also one of the island’s most interesting attractions. With a well-connected international airport, a wealth of beautiful beaches, and also no shortage of historic charms, the city has been growing steadily as a tourist destination. These are four of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Costa Smeralda. Stretching about 20 km (12.5 miles) north of Olbia, the Emerald Coast is the number one reason why thousands of tourists visit this part of Sardinia. The popular resort area has been called a millionaire’s playground and can indeed be more pricey than some other coastal areas around northern Sardinia, but those looking for a glamorous Mediterranean holiday will feel right at home. Either way, getting a rental car gives you the opportunity to stay outside of the Costa Smeralda but still visit it on a day trip should you like to do so.
- Churches. While not as opulent as those in Rome or Naples, Olbia’s many beautiful houses of prayer are worthy sightseeing destinations for your trip. These include San Simplicio Basilica, which is located on a site that predates Christianity itself, St. Paul the Apostle Church with its colorful dome, and a number of smaller churches scattered around the Olbia’s beautiful Old Town.
- Tomba di Giganti. Sardinia is known for its megalithic structures left by the mysterious Nuragic civilization which predate even the early Romans; some are located in and around Olbia, including the Tombs of Giants. Other historic attractions around the city include the Archaeological Museum with a collection focused on the remains of ships that have met their fate on the shores of Sardinia over the millennia.
- Sassari. The island’s second-largest city might not be as touristic as other Northern Sardinian destinations like Olbia or Alghero, and it doesn’t have an international airport, either, but that doesn’t mean there are no reasons to visit. Sassari is home to some truly beautiful Catalan Gothic architecture and the National G.A. Sanna Museum, and that’s not to mention the beautiful countryside that surrounds the city. A car trip from Olbia takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes, and Sassari can be visited on the same trip as Alghero that’s a bit further west.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $9 per day
- Station wagons - from $5 per day
- Large cars - from $6 per day
- Medium cars - from $3 per day
- Vans - from $32 per day
- Premium cars - from $39 per day
- Small cars - from $2 per day
- SUVs - from $4 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Cagliari (261 km / 162 mi)
- Alghero (135 km / 84 mi)
- Figari (99 km / 61 mi)
- Sassari (101 km / 63 mi)
Olbia Airport (OLB)
- IATA: OLB
- ICAO: LIEO
- Name: Olbia Airport (OLB)
- Distance from city: 1.9 miles / 3 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Olbia Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Olbia Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Olbia Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Moventur, Viaggiare, Felirent, RentalPlus, Drivalia|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$2 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Moventur||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat Panda||5||1||Medium cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Moventur||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Felirent||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Vettura||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat Panda||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Jeep Renegade||5||3||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.