Car Rental at Malaga Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located on the Mediterranean coast at the center of the famous Costa del Sol, Malaga is arguably one of the main beach destinations in Europe. But while the sun and the sea are definitely to be enjoyed, getting a rental car in Malaga also means a wealth of potential day-trips for adventure-ready travelers. Here are three suggestions for just such a trip:
- Granada. Famous for its Moorish architecture, the city of Granada is, according to some seasoned travelers, the most impressive destination in all of Spain. The number one attraction is no doubt the Alhambra, the stunning palace and fortress complex that exemplifies the blend of Arab and Spanish influences — but the city breathes history and character on every step of the way. Located 127km (79 miles) northeast of Malaga, Granada can be reached in an hour and 30 minutes.
- Sierra Nevada. A mountain range and a national park, the Sierra Nevada is home to a number of peaks rising over 3,000 m (10,000 feet), the highest anywhere in mainland Spain. The area is home to a number of winter resorts (they are responsible for the saying that in Andalusia you can ski in the morning and swim in the Mediterranean in the afternoon) — and you can also paraglide, climb, trek, watch wildlife, or simply take in the magnificent views. Located just east of Granada, Sierra Nevada is about a two-hour drive from Malaga.
- Ronda. A cozy town in the inland part of southern Andalusia, Ronda is best known for the stunning gorge upon which it is located and the bridge that crosses it. Known as Puente Nuevo, or simply the new bridge, it offers great views of the nearby Grazalema Mountains. Ronda is also home to beautiful churches, well-preserved Arab bathhouses, and caves in the nearby Sierra de las Nieves Nature Park. The trip from Malaga takes about an hour and 20 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Alamo, Enterprise, Delpaso, Centauro, Surprice, and OK provide shuttle services to their locations. Solo provides a Meet & Greet service where a rental agent meets you in the arrivals area and you pick up the car at the airport.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Another BP station can be found at the airport. This is only convenient for those returning rental cars to rental companies located in the terminal.
If returning a rental car to OK, then you will need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (coming from Malaga). A block north of OK is a MADESE station.
If returning a car to Centauro, then you will also need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (when coming from Malaga). You can use the same station as OK renters, though it requires a circle. An alternative is to fill up closer to the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (662 km / 411 mi)
- Seville (215 km / 133 mi)
- Madrid (540 km / 335 mi)
- La Linea (136 km / 84 mi)
- Granada (136 km / 84 mi)
- Faro (418 km / 260 mi)
Malaga Airport (AGP)
- IATA: AGP
- ICAO: LEMG
- Name: Malaga Airport (AGP)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 123,700
- Passengers (per year): 18,628,876
- Distance from City: 5 miles / 8 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +34 951 01 1000
Top 15 Locations near Malaga Airport
Car Rental at Malaga El Viso from $73.51 per day1.8 km / 1.1 miles away
Car Rental at Malaga Train Station from $48.00 per day2.2 km / 1.4 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Puerto Banus from $78.95 per day50.3 km / 31.3 miles away
Car Rental at Granada Airport from $43.73 per day80.5 km / 50.0 miles away
Car Rental at Granada Train Station from $34.54 per day91.9 km / 57.1 miles away
Car Rental at Gibraltar La Linea Airport from $64.61 per day100.9 km / 62.7 miles away
Car Rental at Algeciras Ferry Port from $56.56 per day109.4 km / 68.0 miles away
Car Rental at Jerez Airport from $47.83 per day143.0 km / 88.9 miles away
Car Rental in Seville Dos Hermanas from $56.56 per day145.3 km / 90.3 miles away
Car Rental at Seville Airport from $31.68 per day149.8 km / 93.1 miles away
Car Rental at Cadiz Port from $53.55 per day162.3 km / 100.9 miles away
Car Rental at Cadiz Train Station from $58.59 per day164.7 km / 102.3 miles away
Car Rental at Almeria Airport from $34.15 per day186.2 km / 115.7 miles away
Car Rental at Huelva Train Station from $59.87 per day229.6 km / 142.7 miles away
Car Rental at Murcia Airport from $24.40 per day318.4 km / 197.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Malaga Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Malaga Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Malaga Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Delpaso||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||2||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Nissan Juke||5||2||Large cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||Toyota Aygo||3||2||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Nizacars Rent A Car||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.