Car Rental at Madrid Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Madrid is a fascinating city to visit. From its imperial architecture to the holy trinity of art museums (Prado, Reina Sofia, and Thyssen-Bornemisza), colorful neighborhoods, and one of the most famous football rivalries in the world, the city has something special for every visitor. But the other appeal of Madrid is that it is located in the heart of the country, so plenty of other interesting destinations are just a short drive away. With that in mind, here are three ideas for day trips from Madrid. If you'rve visiting during the colder months, you may want to read more about things to do in winter in Madrid.
- Toledo. Located on the banks of the Tagus River, Toledo is known as the Imperial City and also the City of Three Cultures. Christians, Jews, and Muslims have ruled over the city at different times, all leaving their mark on its culture and character. From the Gothic Toledo Cathedral to the Synagogue of El Tránsito and Mosque of Cristo de la Luz, the city has plenty of religious landmarks, as well as other highlights like the El Greco Museum. Every building and sidestreet breathes history. Located about 75 km (46 miles) south of Madrid, Toledo can be reached in about one hour.
- Ávila. Another notable historical destination, Ávila’s main claim to fame is its old town. Often called the best-preserved historic city center in all of Spain, it has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Surrounded by impressive walls that are themselves one of the city’s main attractions, the old town is home to a number of landmarks, not least of which is the Cathedral of the Saviour that’s about 900 years old. Located about 110 km (68 miles) northwest of the capital, Ávila can be reached in 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Guadarrama National Park. Large and scenic, Guadarrama is the most noticeable nature preserve near Madrid. Named after the mountain range that stretches through the park, Guadarrama is characterized by its snowy peaks, woodlands, small highland lakes, and hiking and climbing opportunities. The area is also home to a lot of birds, not least of which are the Alpine chough and black vulture. Located 120 km (75 miles) northwest of the capital near the medieval city of Segovia, the national park can be reached in about 90 minutes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $19 per day
- Station wagons - from $21 per day
- Large cars - from $22 per day
- Medium cars - from $13 per day
- Vans - from $37 per day
- Premium cars - from $53 per day
- Small cars - from $11 per day
- SUVs - from $13 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Barcelona (611 km / 379 mi)
- Lisbon (642 km / 398 mi)
- Seville (547 km / 340 mi)
- Oviedo (459 km / 285 mi)
- Rome (1,943 km / 1207 mi)
- Valencia (358 km / 222 mi)
Madrid Airport (MAD)
- IATA: MAD
- ICAO: LEMD
- Name: Madrid Airport (MAD)
- Distance from city: 8.1 miles / 13 km
Top 20 Locations near Madrid Airport
Car Rental at Madrid Chamartin Train Station from $18.34 per day9.7 km / 6.0 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Atocha Train Station from $12.19 per day13.5 km / 8.4 miles away
Car Rental at Burgos Train Station from $20.58 per day210.1 km / 130.6 miles away
Car Rental at Zaragoza Train Station from $14.72 per day258.2 km / 160.4 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Airport from $6.68 per day285.3 km / 177.3 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Train Station from $11.56 per day294.4 km / 182.9 miles away
Car Rental at Castellon Airport from $36.73 per day309.6 km / 192.4 miles away
Car Rental in Bilbao (Downtown) from $15.46 per day313.4 km / 194.7 miles away
Car Rental at Bilbao Airport from $9.22 per day318.0 km / 197.6 miles away
Car Rental at Santander Airport from $18.01 per day327.9 km / 203.7 miles away
Car Rental at Alicante Airport from $4.24 per day355.9 km / 221.1 miles away
Car Rental at Region de Murcia International Airport from $6.51 per day364.5 km / 226.5 miles away
Car Rental at Granada Airport from $13.87 per day367.0 km / 228.0 miles away
Car Rental at Seville Airport from $7.59 per day395.7 km / 245.9 miles away
Car Rental at Asturias Airport from $17.37 per day398.4 km / 247.6 miles away
Car Rental at Reus Airport from $8.23 per day405.2 km / 251.8 miles away
Car Rental at Almeria Airport from $16.75 per day417.8 km / 259.6 miles away
Car Rental at Malaga Train Station from $8.54 per day426.1 km / 264.8 miles away
Car Rental at Malaga Airport from $2.81 per day431.2 km / 267.9 miles away
Car Rental at Huelva Train Station from $28.83 per day463.4 km / 287.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Madrid Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Madrid Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Madrid Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Record-go, Goldcar, Centauro, Ok Mobility, Firefly|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$11 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Ok Mobility|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.