Car Rental Malaga
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Malaga?
Malaga is a great city for renting a car. Full of history, surrounded by beautiful beaches, and with many other interesting destinations nearby, it’s a great place to explore for days.
Top ways to enter Malaga
- Malaga Airport: Fourth busiest in Spain (and first in Andalucia), Malaga Airport serves flights to and from destinations not only in Europe, but also North Africa and the Middle East.
- Granada Airport: About one-and-a-half hour’s drive northeast, Granada Airport is popular with low-cost carriers like Vueling and easyJet, and has connections to other Spanish cities, as well as Germany, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom.
- Gibraltar La Linea Airport: Located about 135 km (84 mi) southeast of Malaga, Gibraltar Airport hosts flights to and from the United Kingdom and nearby Morocco.
Useful city facts
- The main language spoken in Malaga in Spanish of Andalusian variety. English is also widely understood, and there are many expats along the wider Costa del Sol region who also speak French, German, Dutch, and other languages.
- Malaga is made up of 11 districts that are further divided into barrios. Keep in mind that not all of the districts are located right on the coast.
- Malaga’s climate is subtropical and gets about 300 sunny days per year. Even in winter, the average temperatures are between 13 to 20 °C (55 to 68 °F) during the day. The summers are very hot, so keeping hydrated at all times is important.
Top destinations and activities
- The beaches. For most travelers, Malaga is all about the Mediterranean. The Malagueta Beach is the most famous one and located in the city, but nearby beaches like Burriana, Mijas Costa, and beaches in next-door Marbella can be just as fun and are easy to reach by a rental car.
- The Picasso Museum. The famous Spanish painter Pablo Picasso was a native of Malaga, and the Picasso Museum, also known as the Birthplace Museum, has many of his artworks on exhibition, as well as works by other world-famous artists like Francis Bacon, Marc Chagall, and many others.
- Alcazaba. The castle, first built by moors in the 11th century, overlooks the city and is one of the most best-preserved and impressive sites in Spain. The next-door Roman Theater tells the story of an even older chapter in Malaga’s history.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads in Spain are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Granada. With Alhambra and other Islamic-era architectural monuments and sites preserved better than anywhere else, Granada is a timeless place with a very special atmosphere.
- Gibraltar. Technically part of the United Kingdom and just 6.7 square kilometers large, Gibraltar is a great place to visit. Climbing the Europa Point will let you see Africa across the Mediterranean while entering the Gibraltar rock will reveal a labyrinthine network of caves and tunnels. On your way to Gibraltar or coming back to Malaga you can also visit beautiful natural parks like Sierra de las Nieves or Los Alcornocales.
- El Chorro. Just 50 minutes drive from Malaga, El Chorro gorge and the nearby village of the same name is a fun place to explore. The truly adventurous ones will try to walk over the hanging walkway that’s known as Caminito del Rey (the King's Pathway).
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Spain is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers tend to also choose the Fiat 500 and the Ford Focus a lot. The most popular car types are economy, compact and mini.
- Portugal and Algarve. Andalusia’s next door neighbor Algarve is just four hour drive from Malaga and offers wild beaches, friendly towns, and distinct culture in equal measure.
- The rest of Andalusia. From fabled cities like Seville and Cordoba to small villages and fascinating countryside, Andalusia is a region that you can explore as long as the rest of the Spain.
- Morocco. While you cannot pick up a rental car in Malaga and take it to Morocco, you can drop it of in Tarifa or Algeciras, take a ferry across the Gibraltar Strait and pick up a new one in Moroccan city Tangier, the fascinating entry point of Africa.
Car Rental Prices in Malaga
- Convertibles - from $92 per day
- Station wagons - from $32 per day
- Large cars - from $57 per day
- Medium cars - from $37 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $74 per day
- Premium cars - from $136 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $101 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are many things you can do to get a good car rental deal in Malaga:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Malaga is the cheapest in June when renting a car is about 41% cheaper than the yearly average and about 54% than renting a vehicle in July.
Top 20 Cities near Malaga
Barcelona Car Rentals from $1.32 per day766.0 km / 475.9 miles away
Madrid Car Rentals from $2.91 per day431.2 km / 267.9 miles away
Alicante Car Rentals from $0.10 per day391.1 km / 243.0 miles away
Seville Car Rentals from $0.22 per day148.8 km / 92.4 miles away
Valencia Car Rentals from $2.89 per day470.6 km / 292.4 miles away
Bilbao Car Rentals from $4.96 per day749.1 km / 465.5 miles away
Granada Car Rentals from $4.19 per day85.9 km / 53.4 miles away
Santiago de Compostela Car Rentals from $6.69 per day768.2 km / 477.4 miles away
Girona Car Rentals from $0.78 per day852.7 km / 529.8 miles away
A Coruña Car Rentals from $19.18 per day807.3 km / 501.7 miles away
Santander Car Rentals from $12.70 per day753.0 km / 467.9 miles away
Jerez Car Rentals from $1.53 per day139.4 km / 86.6 miles away
Asturias Car Rentals from $3.97 per day777.0 km / 482.8 miles away
Murcia Car Rentals from $0.48 per day323.5 km / 201.0 miles away
Vigo Car Rentals from $25.14 per day712.1 km / 442.5 miles away
Valladolid Car Rentals from $16.16 per day560.3 km / 348.1 miles away
Zaragoza Car Rentals from $12.29 per day634.5 km / 394.3 miles away
Almeria Car Rentals from $4.76 per day190.4 km / 118.3 miles away
Gibraltar La Linea Car Rentals from $10.26 per day95.5 km / 59.3 miles away
Pamplona Car Rentals from $15.09 per day720.2 km / 447.5 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Malaga
Malaga, Downtown Car Rentals from $19.83 per day
Malaga Railway Station Car Rentals from $6.81 per day
Malaga Port Car Rentals from $52.09 per day
Malaga Airport Car Rentals from $0.04 per day7.3 km / 4.5 miles away
Granada Airport Car Rentals from $4.19 per day78.7 km / 48.9 miles away
Granada Railway Station Car Rentals from $19.83 per day90.0 km / 55.9 miles away
Gibraltar La Linea Airport Car Rentals from $10.26 per day102.8 km / 63.9 miles away
Jaen Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.46 per day131.6 km / 81.8 miles away
Jerez Airport Car Rentals from $1.53 per day145.2 km / 90.2 miles away
Seville Airport Car Rentals from $0.22 per day151.6 km / 94.2 miles away
Seville Railway Station Car Rentals from $14.41 per day156.4 km / 97.2 miles away
Cadiz Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.22 per day166.9 km / 103.7 miles away
Almeria Airport Car Rentals from $4.76 per day184.0 km / 114.3 miles away
Huelva Railway Station Car Rentals from $27.90 per day231.7 km / 144.0 miles away
Ciudad Real Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.97 per day256.8 km / 159.6 miles away
Murcia Airport Car Rentals from $0.48 per day316.3 km / 196.6 miles away
Cartagena Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.96 per day322.0 km / 200.1 miles away
Alicante Airport Car Rentals from $0.10 per day383.9 km / 238.5 miles away
Alicante Railway Station Car Rentals from $11.14 per day391.7 km / 243.4 miles away
Madrid Chamartin Railway Station Car Rentals from $20.43 per day423.2 km / 263.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Malaga?
What’s the usual rental length in Malaga?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Malaga?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rental Agent||Make / Model||Doors||Luggage||Type|
|Delpaso||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Toyota Aygo||3||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Fiat 500 L||5||1||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Nissan Juke||5||2||Large cars|
|Delpaso||VW Touran 5+2||4||1||People Carriers / Vans|
|Delpaso||Ford Focus STW||5||3||Station wagons|
|Delpaso||Ford Focus||5||3||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||VW Caddy||3||3||People Carriers / Vans|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 19 Suppliers for Malaga in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email