Car Hire at Malaga Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Located right in the centre of Costa del Sol, one of the most beautiful coastal areas in Europe, Malaga should be on the must-visit list of anyone who loves an idyllic beach holiday. From Marbella to Nerja, there are plenty of famous Mediterranean resort towns that can be easily reached if you hire a car. And as if that weren’t enough, the city of Malaga and surrounding Andalusia has a wealth of history, art, and nature for any curious to enjoy. Here is the pick of its attractions:
- Alcazaba. The most famous of its kind, Malaga’s Alcazaba is an unmistakable symbol of the city. Built almost 1,000 years ago by the Muslim Moors, the city’s then-rulers, this impressive and ornate mountaintop fortress is not to be missed.
- Interactive Museum of Music. The domains of Roman, Moor, and Spanish kings who have ruled Malaga over the centuries weren’t only powerful in war and trade — they were also great centres of culture. Some of that legacy can be seen and heard in this fun modern museum made up of the White, Red, and Black rooms. Visit the museum’s official website to find out about opening hours and to purchase tickets.
- Lobo Park. The grey wolf is usually associated with the north and east of Europe, so it might come as a surprise that Spain is home to one of the largest populations of these majestic carnivores. Located in nearby Antequera less than an hour’s drive north of Malaga, this park is dedicated to the conversation of the often feared but intelligent creature. Visit the park’s website to find out how to book a tour.
- Tarifa. The southernmost point of Europe, cosy Tarifa is only 14 km (8.1 miles) north of Africa. Located at the point where the Mediterranean meets the Atlantic, this town was known to the Phoenicians and Romans who left behind some impressive ruins. On a more recent note, Tarifa is also one of the best places in Spain for surfing and kitesurfing. The trip from Malaga takes about two hours.
- The Sierra Nevada. Perhaps not as famous as its namesake in California, the Sierra Nevada is nonetheless one of the most impressive scenic areas in Spain. A mountain range and a national park, it is home to Mulhacén, the country’s highest mainland peak and offers walking, climbing, paragliding, skiing, and snowkiting. Sierra Nevada National Park is located about a two-hour drive northeast from Malaga, meaning it can easily be visited as a day trip.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 240 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 63 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 67 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 45 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 118 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 33 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 77 per day
Car hire desks
Alamo, Enterprise, Delpaso, Centauro, Surprice, and OK provide shuttle services to their locations. Solo provides a Meet & Greet service where a car company agent meets you in the arrivals area and you pick up the car at the airport.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Another BP station can be found at the airport. This is only convenient for those returning hired cars to companies located in the terminal.
If returning a car to OK, then you will need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (coming from Malaga). A block north of OK is a MADESE station.
If returning a car to Centauro, then you will also need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (when coming from Malaga). You can use the same station as OK renters, though it requires a circle. An alternative is to fill up closer to the city.
Popular one-way hires
- Lisbon (662 km / 411 mi)
- Seville (215 km / 133 mi)
- Madrid (540 km / 335 mi)
- La Linea (136 km / 84 mi)
- Granada (136 km / 84 mi)
- Faro (418 km / 260 mi)
Malaga Airport (AGP)
- IATA: AGP
- ICAO: LEMG
- Name: Malaga Airport (AGP)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 123,700
- Passengers (per year): 18,628,876
- Distance from the city centre: 5 miles / 8 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +34 951 01 1000
Top 9 Destinations around Malaga Airport
Granada Airport starting at £ 37.64 per day78.7 km / 48.9 miles away
Granada Railway Station starting at £ 39.52 per day90.0 km / 55.9 miles away
Gibraltar La Linea Airport starting at £ 47.34 per day102.8 km / 63.9 miles away
Jerez La Parra Airport starting at £ 32.02 per day145.2 km / 90.2 miles away
Seville Dos Hermanas starting at £ 24.43 per day147.1 km / 91.4 miles away
Seville Airport starting at £ 13.63 per day151.6 km / 94.2 miles away
Almeria Airport starting at £ 32.89 per day184.0 km / 114.3 miles away
Murcia Corvera Airport starting at £ 27.16 per day316.3 km / 196.6 miles away
Alicante Airport starting at £ 13.11 per day383.9 km / 238.5 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Malaga Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Malaga Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Malaga Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Delpaso||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||2||2||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Nissan Juke||5||2||Large cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||Toyota Aygo||3||2||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Nizacars Rent A Car||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.