Car Rental at Alicante Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located in the Costa Blanca region of Spain, Alicante is primarily known as a beach destination, but it also has plenty to enjoy in terms of history and culture. A fine destination in its own right and a potential hub for exploring the rest of the region, these are five of the area’s most interesting attractions:
- Alicante. A gateway to some of the best beaches in Spain, Alicante is also a charming city with plenty to explore and has laid back vibes. Some of the highlights include the hilltop Santa Bárbara Castle, the city museum, the ancient Roman site of Lucentum, the city’s highly impressive Archaeological Museum, and Playa de San Juan.
- Elche. Located just a 30-minute drive from Alicante, Elche is another interesting place to explore. Situated away from the coast, it has a markedly different atmosphere and is known for such historical landmarks as the Altamira Palace, Arab baths, and the Basilica of St. Mary. Elche is also home to one of the largest and oldest palm groves on the planet, which date back more than 2,000 years and have now been turned into a tourist attraction.
- Altea. This is an easy day trip from Alicante, taking 1 hour and 45 minutes by the Alicante tram. Taking you away from the busy crowds, this is a quieter part of Costa Blanca with its white-washed buildings and cobblestone alleyways. Some even call it the “Santorini of Spain”.
- Tabarca Island. This islet in the Mediterranean is another popular half-day or full-day trip from Alicante. By boat, it’s an hour from the port of Alicante. On the island, you’ll find numerous hiking trails, beaches, and local restaurants.
- Orihuela. Travel even further inland, and you’ll soon be in the part of the Alicante Province that 95% of foreign visitors have never seen. One reason to get off the beaten path is the provincial town of Orihuela, a calm and beautiful place notable for the ruins of its Arab castle and several Baroque castles. If you’re visiting in either April, July, or September, you might catch a glimpse of one of the Christian festivals taking place here. The drive from Alicante to Orihuela only takes about 50 minutes.
Top international routes
- East Midlands
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Valencia (165 km / 102 mi). Spain’s third-largest city is a fascinating travel destination. Offering a unique blend of old and new, the city is home to many ancient sites, but also more contemporary attractions like the City of Arts and Science. Valencia is also rumored to have the best seafood in all of Spain.
- Barcelona (528 km / 328 mi). The city of Gaudí, La Rambla, and FC Barcelona football club, the capital of Catalonia region is perhaps the most popular travel destination in all of Spain. There are more famous landmarks in Barcelona than it’s possible to list, but it’s also worth exploring the less touristy areas of the city and the rest of the region.
- Malaga (472 km / 293 mi). One of the largest cities in the famous Spanish region of Andalusia, Malaga is a truly fun travel place to visit. Located on the Mediterranean coast, it is famous for the surrounding Costa del Sol region, one of the most popular beach destinations in Europe.
- Madrid (419 km / 260 mi). Located in the center of the country, the capital and largest city of Spain has plenty for a traveler to enjoy. Madrid is home to some of the most famous art museums in Europe, colorful neighborhoods, and delicious cuisine.
- Castellon (282 km / 175 mi). A small, but interesting city in the northern part of the Valencian region, Castellon has its fair share of attractions. These include the Ethnological Museum, Contemporary Art Space of Castellon, as well as a number of nearby beaches that you can easily reach with a rental car.
- Torrevieja (50 km / 31 mi). Located just a short drive from Alicante, the town of Torrevieja is the southern terminus of the famous Costa Blanca coastal region. Home to picturesque beaches and still retaining some of its original fishing village atmosphere, Torrevieja is home to attractions like the Cervera Tower and the Museum of Sea and Salt.
Alicante Airport (ALC)
- IATA: ALC
- ICAO: LEAL
- Name: Alicante Airport (ALC)
- Distance from city: 5.6 miles / 9 km
Top 20 Locations near Alicante Airport
Car Rental at Region de Murcia International Airport from $2.74 per day73.3 km / 45.5 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Train Station from $7.89 per day131.5 km / 81.7 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Airport from $2.23 per day134.0 km / 83.3 miles away
Car Rental at Castellon Airport from $37.13 per day220.2 km / 136.8 miles away
Car Rental at Almeria Airport from $10.55 per day226.4 km / 140.7 miles away
Car Rental at Granada Airport from $11.69 per day308.2 km / 191.5 miles away
Car Rental at Reus Airport from $8.46 per day350.8 km / 218.0 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Airport from $3.04 per day355.9 km / 221.1 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Atocha Train Station from $9.06 per day358.0 km / 222.5 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Chamartin Train Station from $9.75 per day362.2 km / 225.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zaragoza Train Station from $17.79 per day376.3 km / 233.8 miles away
Car Rental at Malaga Train Station from $8.02 per day383.9 km / 238.5 miles away
Car Rental at Malaga Airport from $1.38 per day391.1 km / 243.0 miles away
397.8 km / 247.2 miles away
Car Rental at Barcelona Airport from $2.08 per day403.6 km / 250.8 miles away
Car Rental at Barcelona Train Station from $6.30 per day414.0 km / 257.2 miles away
Car Rental in Barcelona Rambla de Catalunya from $21.34 per day416.2 km / 258.6 miles away
Car Rental in Barcelona (Downtown) from $14.81 per day416.6 km / 258.9 miles away
Car Rental at Seville Airport from $1.49 per day478.2 km / 297.1 miles away
Car Rental at Girona Airport from $3.47 per day491.2 km / 305.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Alicante Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Alicante Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Alicante Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Record-go, Key Go Rent, Goldcar, Centauro, Wiber|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$2 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Key Go Rent||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Key Go Rent||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Key Go Rent||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.