Car Rental at Malaga Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located on the Mediterranean coast at the center of the famous Costa del Sol, Malaga is arguably one of the main beach destinations in Europe. But while the sun and the sea are definitely to be enjoyed, getting a rental car in Malaga also means a wealth of potential day-trips for adventure-ready travelers. Here are three suggestions for just such a trip:
- Granada. Famous for its Moorish architecture, the city of Granada is, according to some seasoned travelers, the most impressive destination in all of Spain. The number one attraction is no doubt the Alhambra, the stunning palace and fortress complex that exemplifies the blend of Arab and Spanish influences — but the city breathes history and character on every step of the way. Located 127km (79 miles) northeast of Malaga, Granada can be reached in an hour and 30 minutes.
- Sierra Nevada. A mountain range and a national park, the Sierra Nevada is home to a number of peaks rising over 3,000 m (10,000 feet), the highest anywhere in mainland Spain. The area is home to a number of winter resorts (they are responsible for the saying that in Andalusia you can ski in the morning and swim in the Mediterranean in the afternoon) — and you can also paraglide, climb, trek, watch wildlife, or simply take in the magnificent views. Located just east of Granada, Sierra Nevada is about a two-hour drive from Malaga.
- Ronda. A cozy town in the inland part of southern Andalusia, Ronda is best known for the stunning gorge upon which it is located and the bridge that crosses it. Known as Puente Nuevo, or simply the new bridge, it offers great views of the nearby Grazalema Mountains. Ronda is also home to beautiful churches, well-preserved Arab bathhouses, and caves in the nearby Sierra de las Nieves Nature Park. The trip from Malaga takes about an hour and 20 minutes.
- Seville. Known as the birthplace of Flamenco and the hub for some of Spain’s earliest and most famous voyages to the Americas, Seville is an amazing place to visit. Attractions include the General Archive of the Indies, Alcazar Palace, and the home matches of two of the most passionately supported football teams in Europe. The city is also an absolute foodie’s delight, providing an opportunity to taste all of the most famous dishes of Southern Spain. The drive from Malaga to Seville takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Tarifa. Drive south down the coast from Malaga, go past Gibraltar and Algeciras, and you’ll soon arrive at Tarifa, one of the most popular beach towns in all of the country. Historically known for its Roman ruins and 10th century castle, nowadays its location on the Atlantic coast has also made it one of the surfing meccas of the country. The drive from Malaga takes about two hours.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Alamo, Enterprise, Delpaso, Centauro, Surprice, and OK provide shuttle services to their locations. Solo provides a Meet & Greet service where a rental agent meets you in the arrivals area and you pick up the car at the airport.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Another BP station can be found at the airport. This is only convenient for those returning rental cars to rental companies located in the terminal.
If returning a rental car to OK, then you will need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (coming from Malaga). A block north of OK is a MADESE station.
If returning a car to Centauro, then you will also need to use MA-20 instead of MA-21 (when coming from Malaga). You can use the same station as OK renters, though it requires a circle. An alternative is to fill up closer to the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Lisbon (662 km / 411 mi)
- Seville (215 km / 133 mi)
- Madrid (540 km / 335 mi)
- La Linea (136 km / 84 mi)
- Granada (136 km / 84 mi)
- Faro (418 km / 260 mi)
Malaga Airport (AGP)
- IATA: AGP
- ICAO: LEMG
- Name: Malaga Airport (AGP)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 20 Locations near Malaga Airport
Car Rental at Malaga Train Station from $8.03 per day7.3 km / 4.5 miles away
Car Rental at Granada Airport from $11.70 per day85.9 km / 53.4 miles away
Car Rental at Algeciras Ferry Port from $17.46 per day104.0 km / 64.6 miles away
Car Rental at Jerez Airport from $6.51 per day139.4 km / 86.6 miles away
Car Rental at Seville Airport from $1.49 per day148.8 km / 92.5 miles away
Car Rental at Cadiz Train Station from $16.35 per day160.5 km / 99.7 miles away
Car Rental at Almeria Airport from $10.55 per day190.4 km / 118.3 miles away
Car Rental at Huelva Train Station from $21.93 per day227.1 km / 141.1 miles away
Car Rental at Region de Murcia International Airport from $2.74 per day323.5 km / 201.0 miles away
Car Rental at Alicante Airport from $2.41 per day391.1 km / 243.0 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Atocha Train Station from $9.06 per day420.8 km / 261.5 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Chamartin Train Station from $9.76 per day428.2 km / 266.1 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Airport from $3.04 per day431.2 km / 267.9 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Airport from $2.23 per day470.6 km / 292.4 miles away
Car Rental at Valencia Train Station from $7.90 per day475.1 km / 295.2 miles away
Car Rental at Castellon Airport from $37.15 per day558.6 km / 347.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zaragoza Train Station from $17.80 per day634.5 km / 394.3 miles away
Car Rental at Burgos Train Station from $23.07 per day637.4 km / 396.1 miles away
Car Rental at Reus Airport from $8.46 per day698.0 km / 433.7 miles away
Car Rental at Vigo Airport from $20.35 per day712.1 km / 442.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Malaga Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Malaga Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Malaga Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Delpaso, Goldcar, Record-go, Wiber, Click&Rent|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$1 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Delpaso||Toyota Aygo||4||1||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Citroen C3||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Delpaso||Alfa Romeo Giulietta||4||2||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||Seat Arona||5||2||Large cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Delpaso||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.