Car Rental at Istanbul Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Straddling two continents, the Turkish metropolis of Istanbul is one of the most interesting urban destinations on the planet. Formerly known as the Roman Empire capital Constantinople, Istanbul is a unique and refreshing blend of culture and history where two worlds collide.
Istanbul Airport (IST) is the primary international airport serving Türkiye’s capital of Istanbul. It is located in the Arnavutköy district on the European side of the Bosphorus River running through the city.
To attempt to list all of its attractions and landmarks would be futile, but here are three gems that will likely feature on any must-visit list of sites in the city:
- Istanbul Archaeological Museums. These three magnificent institutions which are part of the same network are the right places to learn about the rich and varied history of Istanbul. Located right next to each other in the waterfront Eminönü neighborhood, the museums have a total of more than one million artifacts and objects on display, including some world-famous ones like the fragment from the Gate of Ishtar and statues of several Roman emperors.
- Hagia Sophia. First Byzantine, then Catholic, and now Muslim, Hagia Sophia has always been one of the most impressive houses of prayer in the world, and no trip to Istanbul is really complete without at least catching a glimpse of it. The building is open for visitors (although you have to respect the Islamic dress code), and its interior is just as stunning as what’s outside.
- Istanbul Modern. Istanbul is home to an almost endless list of history and classical art museums, but there is also an opportunity to see contemporary Turkish art by visiting this interesting institution. Also known by its full name, the Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, it is in the lively Galata neighborhood of the city.
- Topkapi Palace. The magnificent former home of the Ottomon sultans is a palace filled with beautiful courtyards, vibrant gardens, and intricate architecture. Exploring the palace is a must for any history buff, offering the chance to delve into the daily lives of the Ottoman rulers and see their treasures first hand.
- A Bosphorus River Cruise. The Bosphorus River divides the Asian and European continents, and taking an evening or sunrise river cruise is a great way to see Istanbul from a unique perspective. A boat trip offers travelers a chance to see the city’s most impressive landmarks from the water, including the Dolmabahce Palace and the Maiden’s Tower.
- Taksim Square. The modern heart of the ancient city. This is a bustling commercial area where you’ll find everything from century-old Turkish delight shops to international cafe chains.
While there are many things to do in Istanbul, Turkey is a great country to explore by road. Its motorways (Otoyol), state roads (Devlet Yolları), an provincial roads (Il Yolları) are generally well-maintained and offer excellent opportunities to expand your trip to Turkey from Istanbul. Popular destinations include.
Gallipoli. Famous for its World War I battlegrounds and memorial sites, the Gallipoli Peninsula is a great place to visit for lovers of history.
Princes' Islands. Beautiful islands offering a serene escape from the bustling city. This island group is reachable by ferry from Istanbul.
Troy. A UNESCO World Heritage site and popular day trip from Istanbul. The ancient city of Troy is famous for its Torjan Horse and historical significance.
Cappadocia. As one of the most popular places to visit in Central Turkey, Cappadocia is known for its otherworldly landscapes, unique cave dwellings, underground cities, and stunning hot air balloons that fill the sky every morning.
Pammukkale. Visit the ancient Roman city and bathe in the white carbonate mineral travertines and stepped snow-white thermal water pools.
Top international routes
- London. IST offers direct flights to and from London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick
- Paris. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and Paris Orly Airport both offer direct flights to and from Istanbul.
- Amsterdam. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has several direct flights to and from Istanbul.
- Doha. Hamad International Airport is directly connected.
- Frankfurt. Frankfurt Airport offers several daily flights to and from Istanbul.
- New York City. John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport both have direct flights to Istanbul.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $10 per day
- Large cars - from $10 per day
- Medium cars - from $12 per day
- Vans - from $16 per day
- Premium cars - from $32 per day
- Small cars - from $10 per day
- SUVs - from $11 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Konya (723 km / 449 mi). With strong historic ties to the mysterious Muslim school of Sufism, Konya remains a very atmospheric destination. Travelers enjoy visiting the Mausoleum of Rumi, Ince Minare Museum, or even watching the whirling dervish ceremony.
- Antalya (710 km / 441 mi). Located on the Mediterranean coast, Antalya is one of the most popular beach destinations in the region. From doing water sports to visiting a seaside restaurant, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the beach. The city, inhabited since ancient times, also has some seriously impressive historic sites.
- Ankara (463 km / 287 mi). The capital of Turkey is best known for its political influence, but there’s also plenty for a traveler to enjoy. Ankara’s landmarks include the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Kocatepe Mosque, Ankara Citadel, and Ataturk's Mausoleum and Museum.
- Trabzon (1,108 km / 688 mi). Located in the northeastern part of the country near the border with Georgia, Trabzon is an impressive historic city. Travelers visit Trabzon for its own version of Hagia Sophia, Sumela Monastery, and the surrounding Black Sea beaches.
- Malatya (1,112 km / 691 mi). Not usually thought of as a tourism destination, the Eastern Anatolian city of Malatya nonetheless has some interesting things to see and do. These include green areas like the Waterfalls Park and Hürriyet Park, the New Mosque, and interesting nearby locations like the historic city of Darende.
- Erzincan (1,022 km / 635 mi). Inhabited since ancient times and ruled by Armenians, Persians, Byzantines and Ottomans, nowadays Erzincan is a quiet and relaxed city surrounded by beautiful mountains. Its great history continues to live through various sites, and there are also a number of nature areas nearby.
Istanbul Airport (IST)
- IATA: IST
- ICAO: LTFM
- Name: Istanbul Airport (IST)
- Distance from city: 14.9 miles / 24 km
Top 20 Locations near Istanbul Airport
Car Rental at Istanbul Kanyon Shopping mall from $17.39 per day30.8 km / 19.1 miles away
Car Rental at Istanbul Beylikduzu from $17.64 per day31.6 km / 19.6 miles away
Car Rental in Istanbul (Downtown) from $14.72 per day32.6 km / 20.3 miles away
Car Rental in Istanbul Taksim from $17.39 per day32.9 km / 20.4 miles away
Car Rental in Istanbul Kadikoy from $15.61 per day42.9 km / 26.7 miles away
Car Rental in Istanbul Pendik from $14.92 per day60.4 km / 37.5 miles away
Car Rental at Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport from $10.67 per day62.7 km / 39.0 miles away
Car Rental at Izmir Airport from $7.70 per day358.6 km / 222.8 miles away
Car Rental at Ankara Airport from $12.90 per day379.7 km / 235.9 miles away
Car Rental at Denizli Airport from $18.34 per day396.5 km / 246.4 miles away
Car Rental at Bodrum Airport from $10.48 per day457.2 km / 284.1 miles away
Car Rental at Konya Airport from $18.34 per day490.6 km / 304.8 miles away
Car Rental at Dalaman Airport from $9.76 per day507.3 km / 315.2 miles away
Car Rental at Antalya Airport International Arrivals from $4.61 per day517.7 km / 321.7 miles away
Car Rental at Nevsehir Airport from $11.57 per day587.4 km / 365.0 miles away
Car Rental at Gazipasa Airport from $15.05 per day633.0 km / 393.3 miles away
Car Rental at Kayseri International Airport from $14.86 per day638.0 km / 396.4 miles away
Car Rental at Samsun Airport from $16.42 per day653.0 km / 405.8 miles away
Car Rental at Adana Airport from $16.72 per day737.8 km / 458.4 miles away
Car Rental at Gaziantep Airport from $23.15 per day892.9 km / 554.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Istanbul Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Istanbul Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Istanbul Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||GreenMotion, WindyCar, 724rent, Central Rent A Car, Essence Car Rental|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Large cars, Medium cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$10 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||DMR CAR|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|WindyCar||Hyundai i20||5||3||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Renault Clio||5||1||Small cars|
|Essence Car Rental||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|WheeGo||Hyundai Bayon||4||2||Large cars|
|GreenMotion||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Renault Taliant||4||2||Small cars|
|724rent||Citroën C3||5||2||Small cars|
|WheeGo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Fiat Egea||5||2||Large cars|
|Central Rent A Car||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.