Car Rental Turkey
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Turkey?
Turkey is an amazing destination to explore by car. From stunning mountains to coasts of the Black Sea and the Mediterranean to great cities and distinct cultural regions, it is one of the most diverse countries on earth. Having your own ride will also give you the freedom to explore the countryside where the true Turkish hospitality (and some of the best traditional food) can be found.
Top ways to enter Turkey
- Istanbul Atatürk Airport: Turkey’s largest international airport, one of the busiest in Europe, serves flights to and from destinations in all the world continents.
- Antalya Airport: The main access point to Turkey’s Mediterranean beaches, Antalya Airport serves flights to many countries in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Dalaman Airport: Small but cozy, this international airport is another point of access to the Turkey’s southwest coast.
- By land: If your rental car provider permits it, it’s possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Turkey. Do keep in mind, however, that different visa requirements may be in place for citizens of different countries. It is a good idea to contact your Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance to find out about any international borders that you’d like to cross. Some large international airports near Turkey are Thessaloniki Airport in Greece, Sofia Airport in Bulgaria, and Tbilisi Airport in Georgia.
Top cities and places to visit
- Istanbul: Mixing the best of Asia and Europe, Istanbul is one of the most fascinating cities in in the world.
- Izmir: Historic and monumental, this port city still has many remnants of its ancient past.
- Mediterranean Coast: From Marmaris in the west to Iskenderun in the east, the Turkish Mediterranean is the largest tourist attraction in the country.
- Black Sea Coast: Black Sea coastal area is wild and beautiful, and the cities of Trabzon and Samsun are very much worth a visit.
- Lake Van and Eastern Turkey: Lake Van and the city of the same name can be a starting point for your explorations of Eastern Turkey, a more rural, but fascinating region that is home to different cultures.
- Ephesus: Located near the town of Kusadasi, Ephesus is one Turkey’s main tourist draws. At one time it was both the second largest and second most important city in the Roman Empire. Now it is an archaeological park worthy of hours of strolling around.
- Bodrum: A popular tourist spot located on the Agean coast, Bodrum offers both historical landmarks and great beaches. The city can be reached by sea from Kos and Rhodes, Greek Islands nearby, and travelers can pick up rental cars at the Port of Bodrum. Nearby Mamaris also on the Turkish Riviera is certainly worth the drive from Bodrum.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Turkey is the Hyundai i20, followed by the Ford Fiesta and the Opel Corsa.
Turkey is bordered by Greece, Bulgaria, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan (via its exclave of Nakhchivan), Iran, Iraq, and Syria. The border with Armenia is closed.
Each of these countries have their own visa policy. Depending on your citizenship, you may need a visa or may not even be permitted to cross the border. We strongly advise getting in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance to find out whether you can enter any specific country in the region. Generally speaking, Greece, Bulgaria, and Georgia are the most accessible neighbors of Turkey, but the ability to cross any specific border still depends on your citizenship and the visa policy of the specific country.
Many car rental providers in Turkey do not permit crossing the national border in the rental car. Make sure you look up this policy on your rental terms and agreements. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most governments and international institutions strongly advise against all non-essential travel to Syria and Iraq as military conflicts are ongoing in both countries.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular car type in Turkey is Economy, followed by Compact and Mini.
Turkey is a mountainous country, so if you plan to drive outside large cities, some terrains might be challenging and picking a larger rental might be a good choice.
Top driving routes
- Istanbul - Antalya (698 km / 434 mi) The road from the country’s largest city to the Mediterranean coast will let you see much of the Western Turkey on the way.
- Istanbul - Ankara (451 km / 280 mi) Although the distances in Turkey can be quite long, you can do this route in under five hours.
- Ankara - Izmir (586 km / 364 mi) The route between Izmir and Ankara will take you about seven hours, but you can break it up by visiting some of the small Turkish villages and nature areas on the way.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $40 per day
- Large cars - from $79 per day
- Medium cars - from $39 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $72 per day
- Premium cars - from $120 per day
- Small cars - from $59 per day
- SUVs - from $120 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Turkey:
- Compare rates
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
Top 20 Most Popular Cities in Turkey
Car Rental in Istanbul from $18.39 per day
Car Rental in Izmir from $8.57 per day
Car Rental in Dalaman from $27.37 per day
Car Rental in Ankara from $18.27 per day
Car Rental in Kayseri from $17.64 per day
Car Rental in Adana from $17.94 per day
Car Rental in Bodrum from $14.08 per day
Car Rental in Trabzon from $17.29 per day
Car Rental in Gaziantep from $28.80 per day
Car Rental in Nevsehir from $19.87 per day
Car Rental in Konya from $19.12 per day
Car Rental in Gazipasa from $36.77 per day
Car Rental in Samsun from $19.89 per day
Car Rental in Diyarbakir from $27.48 per day
Car Rental in Hatay from $22.81 per day
Car Rental in Sivas from $36.77 per day
Car Rental in Elazig from $31.98 per day
Car Rental in Mardin from $41.21 per day
Car Rental in Erzurum from $16.95 per day
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Turkey
Car Rental at Antalya Airport International Arrivals from $10.47 per day
Car Rental at Istanbul Airport from $18.39 per day
Car Rental at Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport from $17.64 per day
Car Rental at Izmir Airport from $8.57 per day
Car Rental at Dalaman Airport from $10.59 per day
Car Rental at Ankara Airport from $18.27 per day
Car Rental at Kayseri International Airport from $17.64 per day
Car Rental at Adana Airport from $17.94 per day
Car Rental at Bodrum Airport from $14.08 per day
Car Rental at Trabzon Airport from $17.29 per day
Car Rental at Gaziantep Airport from $28.80 per day
Car Rental at Nevsehir Airport from $19.87 per day
Car Rental at Konya Airport from $19.12 per day
Car Rental at Gazipasa Airport from $36.77 per day
Car Rental at Samsun Airport from $19.89 per day
Car Rental at Diyarbakir Airport from $27.48 per day
Car Rental at Hatay Airport from $22.81 per day
Car Rental at Sivas Airport from $36.77 per day
Car Rental at Mardin Airport from $41.21 per day
Car Rental at Elazig Airport from $28.03 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Turkey?
What’s the average rental length in Turkey?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Turkey?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Peugeot 301||4||3||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Fiat Linea||5||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 12 Suppliers for Turkey in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email