Car Hire at Alicante Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Famous as one of the main beach hubs of the famous Costa Blanca (or ‘White Coast’) and the larger Valencian Community, Alicante attracts thousands of visitors each year. Home to some of the most picturesque seaside in all of Spain, Alicante is also home to ancient history, interesting culture, and delicious cuisine. Here’s the pick of the main attractions that you can easily reach from Alicante if you hire a car:
- Elche. The next-door neighbour of Alicante, Elche (or Elx, as it’s known in the local dialect) is used to getting fewer visitors because of its inland location. But if you take the 30 minute trip to this charming, slow-paced city, you’ll get a chance to marvel at the beautiful Elche palm gardens (the only ones in Europe), visit many high-quality archaeological museums, or visit the Banys Àrabs, the subterranean 12th-century baths now turned tourist attraction.
- Torrevieja. Of the many picturesque coastal towns that dot the Costa Blanca, Torrevieja might just be the most famous one. Its beautiful beaches are no secret, as well as its coastal cliffs and coves, many of which can be accessed by tourists. But the town is also home to the impressive Museum of the Sea and Salt and has a nature park made up of two saltwater lakes. Whether you choose to stay here or just visit on a short trip from Alicante, Torrevieja is definitely worth it.
- Serra Mariola Natural Park. Spain is home to many protected landscapes and the Province of Alicante is no exception. The Serra Mariola is perhaps best known for its stunning waterfalls but also offers great mountain paths for hiking and opportunities to experience the flora and fauna of this part of the country. The park, located near the picturesque town of Alcoy, is just an 80-minute drive northwest of Alicante.
- Biar. Although its population is just about 3,500, each year the town of Biar gets many times more tourists than that. Undoubtedly, the city’s main attraction is its impressive Arab castle, but other examples of interesting medieval architecture can be seen on every step of the way. Located inland in the mountains, Biar is just 50 km (31 miles) from Alicante.
Top international routes
- East Midlands
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 40 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 17 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 33 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 22 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 30 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 11 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 17 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
Alicante Airport (ALC)
- IATA: ALC
- ICAO: LEAL
- Name: Alicante Airport (ALC)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 95,322
- Passengers (per year): 13,713,061
- Distance from the city centre: 5.6 miles / 9 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 10 Destinations around Alicante Airport
Murcia Corvera Airport starting at £ 5.67 per day81.9 km / 50.9 miles away
Valencia Airport starting at £ 4.40 per day127.3 km / 79.1 miles away
Almeria Airport starting at £ 15.47 per day234.9 km / 146.0 miles away
Granada Railway Station starting at £ 12.64 per day302.6 km / 188.0 miles away
Granada Airport starting at £ 5.90 per day315.7 km / 196.2 miles away
Madrid Arganda del Rey starting at £ 20.82 per day334.7 km / 208.0 miles away
Reus Airport starting at £ 8.89 per day342.5 km / 212.8 miles away
Madrid Torrejon starting at £ 20.82 per day347.4 km / 215.9 miles away
Madrid Airport starting at £ 4.72 per day355.3 km / 220.8 miles away
Madrid Leganes starting at £ 9.40 per day357.5 km / 222.2 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Alicante Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Alicante Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Alicante Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Record-go||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||2||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon STW||5||2||Station wagons|