Car Rental Alicante
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Alicante?
Alicante is a great place to rent a car. Located on the Mediterranean Coast, it is near other interesting cities like Valencia and Barcelona, and has a frequent ferry service to and from Balearic Islands. Its beaches attract sun and sea lovers from all over the world, while sites of the area’s past are a delight for history buffs.
Top ways to enter Alicante
- Alicante Airport: Also known as Alicante-Elche Airport, it is served by more than 40 different airlines and is especially popular with low-cost carriers.
- Valencia Airport: Serving the capital of Valencian Community, of which Alicante is also a part of, this airport hosts flights to and from destinations all over Europe, as well as some in North Africa.
- Murcia Airport: Just an hour’s drive from Alicante, the new Región de Murcia International Airport was opened in January 2019 when it replaced Murcia–San Javier Airport.
Useful city facts
- The two main languages of Alicante are Spanish and Valenciano, a local language similar to Catalan. English is well-known among the people working in the service industry.
- Like most Spanish cities along the Mediterranean Coast, Alicante is warm and dry. Winters are generally mild, while summers can get extremely hot, with temperatures rising over 35 °C (95 °F).
Top destinations and activities
- Archeological Museum of Alicante. The museum uses modern technology to tell the story of Alicante’s past, from Stone Age through Iberian and Roman times to modern day. It features more than 80,000 artefacts found in the area. Lucentum Archaeological Site is another site where you can learn more about the area’s history and see the remains of the old Roman city.
- Beaches. Obviously, one of the biggest attractions of Alicante is its location right on the Mediterranean, and it indeed has something to offer to every beach lover. Platja del Postiguet Beach is the fun one, Platja de San Juan Beach the most famous one, and Platja dels Arenals del Sol Beach the quiet one.
- Alicante Museum of Contemporary Art. Also known as MACA, it is always hosting new exhibitions, as well as permanent ones with works of Picasso, Braque, Miro, and many others.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads inside the country are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Elche. Alicante’s next door neighbor is a fun place to visit thanks to its palm grove, palaces, and relaxed atmosphere.
- Murcia Autonomous Community. Just south of Alicante, this region gets less attention from international visitors, but you should not overlook it otherwise you’ll miss out on interesting towns, ancient Punic sites, and delicious cuisine.
- Sierras de Cazorla, Segura y Las Villas Natural Park. It takes about three hours to reach by car, but the largest protected nature area in Spain (and second in Europe) is a very rewarding destination thanks to its mountains, wildlife, and unique landscapes.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Spain is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers tend to also choose the Fiat 500 and the Ford Focus a lot. The most popular car types are economy, compact and mini.
- Barcelona. One of the classiest and most fun cities in Europe is just five hours drive away.
- Madrid. Although sometimes overlooked at the expense of beach destinations, Spain’s capital is a unique city that can be explored for days.
- Andalusia. Just southwest of Alicante, Andalucia is proud, culturally distinct, and full of old cities and stunning nature.
Car Rental Prices in Alicante
- Convertibles - from $66 per day
- Station wagons - from $94 per day
- Large cars - from $72 per day
- Medium cars - from $58 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $64 per day
- Premium cars - from $113 per day
- Small cars - from $35 per day
- SUVs - from $67 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are ways to be smart about renting a car in Alicante:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Alicante is the cheapest in May when renting a car is about 56% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Alicante
Barcelona Car Rentals from $19.21 per day403.6 km / 250.8 miles away
Malaga Car Rentals from $13.56 per day391.1 km / 243.0 miles away
Madrid Car Rentals from $28.32 per day355.9 km / 221.1 miles away
Seville Car Rentals from $17.62 per day478.2 km / 297.1 miles away
Valencia Car Rentals from $16.39 per day134.0 km / 83.3 miles away
Bilbao Car Rentals from $21.82 per day591.8 km / 367.7 miles away
Girona Car Rentals from $9.56 per day491.2 km / 305.2 miles away
Granada Car Rentals from $27.12 per day308.2 km / 191.5 miles away
Santiago de Compostela Car Rentals from $28.25 per day837.8 km / 520.6 miles away
Jerez Car Rentals from $33.36 per day514.6 km / 319.7 miles away
Santander Car Rentals from $36.45 per day634.0 km / 394.0 miles away
A Coruña Car Rentals from $35.11 per day862.1 km / 535.7 miles away
Asturias Car Rentals from $23.75 per day745.4 km / 463.2 miles away
Vigo Car Rentals from $29.10 per day812.7 km / 505.0 miles away
Murcia Car Rentals from $8.99 per day73.3 km / 45.6 miles away
Almeria Car Rentals from $12.98 per day226.4 km / 140.7 miles away
Valladolid Car Rentals from $28.94 per day527.6 km / 327.8 miles away
Reus Car Rentals from $33.16 per day350.8 km / 218.0 miles away
Zaragoza Car Rentals from $21.04 per day376.3 km / 233.8 miles away
Pamplona Car Rentals from $36.02 per day507.1 km / 315.1 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Alicante
Alicante Railway Station Car Rentals from $20.02 per day
Alicante Airport Car Rentals from $11.78 per day8.6 km / 5.3 miles away
Murcia Airport Car Rentals from $8.99 per day81.9 km / 50.9 miles away
Cartagena Railway Station Car Rentals from $25.87 per day92.4 km / 57.4 miles away
Valencia Railway Station Car Rentals from $21.45 per day124.4 km / 77.3 miles away
Valencia Airport Car Rentals from $16.39 per day127.3 km / 79.1 miles away
Almeria Airport Car Rentals from $12.98 per day234.9 km / 146.0 miles away
Jaen Railway Station Car Rentals from $27.12 per day295.2 km / 183.4 miles away
Granada Railway Station Car Rentals from $59.91 per day302.6 km / 188.0 miles away
Ciudad Real Railway Station Car Rentals from $21.51 per day305.2 km / 189.6 miles away
Granada Airport Car Rentals from $27.12 per day315.7 km / 196.2 miles away
Tarragona Railway Station Car Rentals from $13.96 per day342.1 km / 212.6 miles away
Reus Airport Car Rentals from $33.16 per day342.5 km / 212.8 miles away
Madrid Airport Car Rentals from $28.32 per day355.3 km / 220.8 miles away
Madrid Chamartin Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.60 per day361.8 km / 224.8 miles away
Zaragoza Railway Station Car Rentals from $21.04 per day370.2 km / 230.0 miles away
Malaga Railway Station Car Rentals from $27.12 per day391.7 km / 243.4 miles away
Barcelona Airport Car Rentals from $19.21 per day395.1 km / 245.5 miles away
Malaga Airport Car Rentals from $13.56 per day398.9 km / 247.9 miles away
Barcelona Train Station Car Rentals from $21.04 per day405.5 km / 252.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Alicante?
What’s the usual rental length in Alicante?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Alicante?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Focus||5||3||Medium cars|
|Record-go||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Interrent||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford C Max||5||3||Station wagons|
|Interrent||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 17 Suppliers for Alicante in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email