Car Rental at Palma de Mallorca Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest of the Balearic islands, Mallorca attracts visitors with its stunning Mediterranean beaches and fun nightlife. But while there’s no reason to undermine these two forms of relaxation, the island has plenty of more to offer, especially if you get a rental car to move around freely. These are three of Mallorca’s most intriguing attractions:
- Palma. Located on the island’s southwestern coast, Palma is not only Mallorca’s main city and the location of the airport but also a place with an interesting history. From the stunning Bellver Castle (once the residence of Majorcan kings and later a military prison) to the Gothic Palma Cathedral which took nearly 400 years to finish, there are plenty of impressive buildings to marvel at. Meanwhile, art lovers will no doubt appreciate the Spanish Contemporary Art Museum that houses works of Picasso and Dali and the Joan Miro Foundation, a museum dedicated to the famous painter and sculptor who spent most of his life on the island. Additionally, The Royal Palace of La Almudaina, still an official royal residence, was once an Arabian fort and offers insight into the island's Moorish past.
- Serra de Tramuntana. A surprisingly impressive mountain range taking up much of the northwestern portion of Mallorca, the Serra de Tramuntana is a great destination for a day trip from Palma. The R710 Motorway is one of the most scenic highland drives in all of Spain, and if you’re looking for something more active, you can follow one of the many hiking trails that weave past historic villages, medieval monasteries, and natural landscapes, offering stunning views of the sea below.
- Castle of Capdepera. First built by Romans, then turned into a mosque by Moors, the Castle of Capdepera is a fascinating remnant of the presence of both these cultures’ time in Mallorca. Open to visitors and located near the easternmost point of the island, Capdepera is about a 70-minute drive from Palma. Other interesting attractions near it include the prehistoric settlement of Hospitalet Vell that predates the castle and the Caves of Drach, a fascinating underground lake, and a stalactite system that can be visited by boat.
As the capital of the Balearic Islands in Spain, Palma is a popular destination that is well-served by a variety of international flight routes.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI)
- IATA: PMI
- ICAO: LEPA
- Name: Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 20 Locations near Palma de Mallorca Airport
17.6 km / 10.9 miles away
18.3 km / 11.4 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Santa Ponsa from $25.80 per day22.6 km / 14.0 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Can Picafort from $25.80 per day42.9 km / 26.7 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Puerto Pollensa from $25.80 per day43.3 km / 26.9 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Alcudia from $10.29 per day44.4 km / 27.6 miles away
54.4 km / 33.8 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Cala Millor from $10.29 per day55.2 km / 34.3 miles away
Car Rental in Downtown Cala Ratjada from $10.29 per day64.4 km / 40.0 miles away
118.1 km / 73.4 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Eulalia from $24.43 per day119.8 km / 74.4 miles away
120.9 km / 75.1 miles away
Car Rental at Menorca Airport from $3.21 per day131.7 km / 81.8 miles away
132.0 km / 82.0 miles away
132.7 km / 82.5 miles away
Car Rental at Punta Prima from $22.00 per day135.4 km / 84.1 miles away
Car Rental at Ibiza Airport from $1.70 per day139.8 km / 86.9 miles away
Car Rental at San Antonio from $24.43 per day140.3 km / 87.2 miles away
Car Rental at Formentera Port from $30.41 per day145.9 km / 90.7 miles away
Car Rental at Mallorca Playa de Palma from $10.29 per day3339.2 km / 2074.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Goldcar, Record-go, Click&Rent, K10 Mobility, Wiber|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$1 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|K10 Mobility||Peugeot 208||5||2||Medium cars|
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|K10 Mobility||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.