Car Rental in Mallorca
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Mallorca?
Mallorca is a great place to rent a car. Having the freedom of your own wheels will let you not only explore the main city, Palma, but also travel around the rest of the island and create your own adventure as you go.
Top ways to enter Mallorca
- Palma Airport: Third busiest in Spain and number one in the Balearic Islands, Palma Airport host flights to and from countless destinations in Europe and is especially active during summers.
- By sea: It’s also possible to come to Mallorca by ferry and then pick up a ride once you’ve arrived. You can get a rental car at Calvia Adriano Port or the town of Capdepera.
Useful city facts
- Most local speak both Spanish and Mallorquin, the island’s own dialect that’s related to Catalan. English, French, German, and other languages are also well-known by many.
- Distinctly Mediterranean, Mallorca is warm during winters and hot in summers. Temperatures in July can reach 35 °C (95 °F).
- While Palma de Mallorca is the largest city and attracts the most visitors, it is not the whole of Mallorca. The island is actually made up of 53 municipalities. Driving across the whole island from east to west (or vice versa) can take up to two hours.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. Obviously, the biggest attraction of Mallorca is the beach. It offers everything from water sports and seaside restaurants to leisurely relaxation. Parc de la Mar Area and Ciudad Jardin are two areas of Palma with great beaches, while nearby Playa de Palma village is just as fun.
- Castell de Bellver. The beautiful castle is built on a hill and offers great island views. Inside, you can see classical sculptures and archaeological artefacts.
- Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. There are always interesting new exhibitions, but the main attraction is the permanent collection that has the artworks of Miró, Picasso, and Dalí.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
There is just one toll road in Mallorca, MA-11, that starts at Palma and goes north to the town of Sóller. You can also take the old MA110 that is free of charge and offers a more scenic route, but takes about 30 minutes longer to travel.
There are many toll roads in mainland Spain, called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
- The Dragon Caves. Called Coves del Drach in local Mallorquin, the four caves are approximately 4 km long and lead to the underground Martel Lake.
- S'Albufera National Park. The large salt marsh near the town of Alcudia is an interesting nature area where you can see many species of birds like waders, herons, and warblers.
- Serra de Tramuntana. The mountain range along the northwestern coast of the island has many trails and lakes to explore. The highest accessible peak, Puig de Massanella, stands at 1364 m (4475 ft) and can be quite a challenge.
Most popular rental types and cars
- The most popular rental cars in the Balearic Islands are the Ford Fiesta, the Fiat Panda, and the Nissan Qashqai. The most popular car types are economy, mini and compact.
- The most popular rental car in the Balearic Islands is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers also tend to pick the Fiat Panda and the Nissan Qashqai.
- Formentera, Ibiza, and Menorca. While not all rental car providers will let you pick up a rental car in Mallorca and then take it to one of the other Balearic Islands, you can take a ferry to each one of them, pick up a rental car there, and find out that, albeit smaller, they are just fascinating to explore.
- Barcelona. Spain’s second city, easily reached by ferry from Mallorca, is a world-class destination in terms of culture, entertainment, and cuisine.
- Valencia. Another destination that can be reached by ferry, Valencia offers that great mix of beautiful beaches and fascinating history.
Car Rental Prices in Mallorca
- Convertibles - from $45 per day
- Station wagons - from $42 per day
- Large cars - from $38 per day
- Medium cars - from $33 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $69 per day
- Premium cars - from $52 per day
- Small cars - from $28 per day
- SUVs - from $32 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are many ways to get a good car rental deal in Mallorca:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Mallorca is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 59% cheaper than the yearly average and 75% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Top 14 Locations near Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca Airport Car Rentals from $4.17 per day24.5 km / 15.2 miles away
Mallorca Sa Coma Car Rentals from $26.50 per day78.8 km / 49.0 miles away
Santa Eulalia Car Rentals from $22.36 per day98.7 km / 61.3 miles away
Ibiza Cruise Terminal Car Rentals from $35.30 per day111.2 km / 69.1 miles away
San Antonio Car Rentals from $22.36 per day118.2 km / 73.5 miles away
Ibiza Airport Car Rentals from $6.73 per day118.9 km / 73.9 miles away
Formentera Port Car Rentals from $11.01 per day126.5 km / 78.6 miles away
Cala Galdana Car Rentals from $21.36 per day136.2 km / 84.7 miles away
Santo Tomas Car Rentals from $35.13 per day141.7 km / 88.1 miles away
Son Bou Car Rentals from $35.13 per day144.6 km / 89.9 miles away
Menorca Airport Car Rentals from $8.68 per day155.8 km / 96.8 miles away
Arenal d'en Castell Car Rentals from $8.76 per day157.6 km / 97.9 miles away
Punta Prima Car Rentals from $35.13 per day159.6 km / 99.2 miles away
Mallorca Playa de Palma Car Rentals from $19.87 per day3337.8 km / 2074.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Mallorca?
What’s the usual rental length in Mallorca?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Mallorca?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|