Car Hire at Palma de Mallorca Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
A tourist magnet for decades, Mallorca is one of the most visited holiday destinations in Europe. Thousands of Brits travel to this island every year to enjoy the sun, the sea, and the relaxed Mediterranean atmosphere. While most visitors tend to stick to the main town, Palma, or one of the resorts, the rest of the island is picturesque, easy to get around, and has plenty to explore. So if you’ve hired a car, why not see all that Mallorca has to offer? Here’s the pick of its attractions:
- Sóller. Just half an hour’s drive north of Palma, Sóller is the closest thing to a typical, quaint Spanish town that Mallorca has. Although located just a few kilometres from the sea, it has a distinctly different atmosphere from the coastal resorts — think smaller crowds, narrower streets, and a local farmers’ market. Culture lovers will appreciate the town’s art museum which, despite its small size, has many works by internationally renowned painters.
- Tramuntana Mountains. Mallorca is not a large island — it’s territory is slightly smaller than that of Sussex — but it nonetheless boasts some seriously impressive mountains. The Tramuntana range crosses the island from southwest to northeast, offering great hiking opportunities and stunning views of the sea below. The highest point, Puig Major, is located inside a militarized zone, but the nearby Puig de Massanella is only 80 metres lower and can be accessed by anyone.
- Castle of Capdepera. A fortress once ruled by Muslims and Aragonese kings alike, the castle of Capdepera is one of the most impressive historical buildings on Mallorca. First built more than 1,700 years ago, it has been renovated several times over the centuries to retain its powerful magnificence. The castle is located on the eastern coast of the island near the village of Capdepera and tourist resort of Cala Ratjada and takes about one hour to reach from Palma by car.
- Raiguer. Relatively overlooked by foreign visitors as it only has a small portion of the island’s coastline, County Raiguer is the right part for an off-the-beaten-path adventure. In addition to historical gems like Alero Castle, which dates back to the Muslim rule of the island, Raiguer is known for wine growing and leather tanning, and there are numerous tours that allow visitors to explore both these industries.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 36 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 22 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 28 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 17 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 39 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 14 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 22 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI)
- IATA: PMI
- ICAO: LEPA
- Name: Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 208,787
- Passengers (per year): 27,970,655
- Distance from the city centre: 5 miles / 8 km E of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 5 Destinations around Palma de Mallorca Airport
Car Hire in Menorca Cala Blanca starting at £ 43.60 per day67.3 km / 41.8 miles away
Car Hire at Menorca Airport starting at £ 6.00 per day87.1 km / 54.1 miles away
Car Hire at Punta Prima starting at £ 43.60 per day89.6 km / 55.7 miles away
Car Hire at Fornells starting at £ 43.60 per day91.9 km / 57.1 miles away
Car Hire at Formentera Port starting at £ 81.49 per day185.3 km / 115.1 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
What’s the most frequent hire length at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Palma de Mallorca Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|K10 Mobility||Peugeot 208||5||2||Medium cars|
|Click&Rent||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.